Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Remember The Magic ❯ RTM 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Daisuke read me a story." Little Rikku went into her brother's room and saw he wasn't there. She was about to leave when she heard a retching sound come from the bathroom, knowing it was Daisuke probably throwing up, as was usually the case. Azuria once explained to her that her brother was very ill and that she should try not to fight with him to often because he could die from a well placed hit, so she stuck to annoying him.

Daisuke stepped out of the room drying his face, "What do you want?"

"I want you to read me a story, Auntie Lynx said Mummy and Daddy were taking a nap so he can't read to me."

"Go away! I don't feel like reading a story."

Rikku looked at her brother and threatened, "If you don't, I'll tell that you've been throwing up again!" Daisuke glared at his sister before taking his `reading spot' on the bed. "Yay!"

………………………& #8230;………………………… ;…………………………R 30;……

Saffron lay on her bed staring at the ceiling, `it was him, I know it was.' Without realising it tears rolled down her cheeks.

Knives had sensed her anguish and quickly made his way to their room after putting Jet to bed, he made his way up the stairs and down the halls then entered the room. "Saffron, what's wrong?"

"Knives, I saw him. I saw that monster!" She was gathered up into Knives arms and rested her head under his chin.

"Who?"

"The one that gave me my scar, the one the assassins didn't get."

"Where is he!" Knives let her go heading for the top drawer of a dresser, "He won't live any longer, that spider has outlived his sentence!" he brought out his gun checking for bullets before taking the safety trigger off.

"Wait!" Saffron jumped up from the bed placing her hand over Knives's gun, "you can't……."

"Why the hell not! How can I not blow that bastards head off after what he did to you!"

"There's a child with him, and another woman! You can't kill him, he has family………"

"No, no, no, no! Not you as well! That sounds like something Vash would say………I'm going, I said I'd do this when I found him." Knives pulled his gun from her hold and left quickly.

Saffron sat on the end of the bed, she heard a noise at the door, hoping it was Knives she looked up, but only saw Rikku's tear stained face, "Ms Saffy, I need your help………I didn't mean too it was an accident!"

"What's wrong? What was an accident?"

"I hurt Daisuke! He's out cold!! I didn't mean to!"

"Oh god!! Get your parents, I'll go to Daisuke-"

"NO! They can't know I hurt him!!"

"Rikku go!! This is serious!"

………………………& #8230;………………………… ;………..Back to Knives………..

Blood cascaded down the rocks, as a body hit them, a black gun was put back in its holster, the body at that moment forgotten. Knives walked to a young woman's side, she was shaking violently and trying to hide herself, "It's all right, he's dead." Knives covered her body with a blanket he found.

"Y………you're, a, a plant?"

"Yes, my name's Knives."

"My….. daughter, she's…..safe?"

Knives looked around the area and saw a little girl huddled in a corner, staring at the body with wide eyes, "Yes, silence now. I'm going to take you with me, I can't say where, but you'll get help there." She nodded slightly and Knives picked her up and began to walk, he glanced at the little girl and she followed, not wanting to leave her mother.

………………………& #8230;………………………… ;……………………..

"Damn it Rikku! What were you doing!" Legato stared at the little girl, "you could have killed him!"

"I'm sorry daddy! I didn't mean it, he was being sick before I hurt him!"

"That does not excuse you! Just go!" Legato turned his back to Rikku and she ran out of the room.

"Legato, please don't be so harsh to her, she's sorry."

"Azuria……"

"Don't take that tone with me, it's your daughter your angry at."

"My daughter?"

"Yes, she's only your daughter when she's in trouble." Azuria looked at Legato's hair and chuckled a little. "Your so cute when your hairs dishevelled like that."

"Funny……you didn't seem to mind when you were messing it up. Well now that everything is calm once again……."

"I can have a shower and relax," she left the room, popping her head round the corner she asked, "Will you be joining me? Or will I have to suffer a cold shower?"