Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ See You On The Other Side ❯ Facing the Facts ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title:See you on the other side

Chapter 2:Facing the Facts

Pairings:Wolfwood/Milly Vash/Meryl

Summary:Time has passed on since Wolfwood was killed and Milly said her vows for him.Milly has become ill,and her son has gone to find the legendary 'Vash The Stampede' and Meryl.When he finds them he finds out about his father and when they get back,what happens to Milly?

Facing the Facts

After a few days the Sand Steamer finally came to Nicholas's stop.As he got off he looked to the middle of the town and seen a tombstone looking rock in the center of the town.He walked over to it and seen a gun shot on the top of the 'i' of the name written in blood."I wonder who this 'Knives' guy is?"He said aloud to himself."And who might you be?"A boy about his age asked him as he walked out from a building."I'm Nicholas.And who are you?" "I'm Ericks.What are you doing here?" "My mother sent me here to find some people named Vash The Stampede and Meryl Strife."Ericks looked at the boy shocked then said,"Follow me."Nicholas grabbed his things and followed Ericks into a building.

"Mom,Dad,Sis!We have a guest!"Three people came from upstairs."And who might that be?"Said the man as he walked down the stairs and to his son."He says he's looking for you and mom." "So your telling me you are the son of Vash The Stampede and Meryl?" "Yep,this is my dad,Vash,that is my mom,Meryl,and this is my little sister Rem."Nicholas nodded."And who might you be?"Meryl asked as she walked down the stairs and over to Vash and Ericks."I'm Nicholas,Nicholas J. Wolfwood."Vash and Meryl looked at the boy stunned."You mean,your Nicholas D. Wolfwood's son?"Nicholas nodded."Yes,my mother gave me the name." "Who's your mother?" "You probably know her as Milly Thompson,but she married my father before he died.So she is now Milly Wolfwood."Meryl and Vash held back tears.

"What are you doing here then?" "My mother sent me to find you,she is gravely ill.Me and her live in the town 300 iles from December,and I take care of the orphans."Vash nodded."You do look just like your father." "You mean you knew my father?" "Yes,we knew him very well,and your mother too." "My mother never says much about my father,I just know he was killed here and that he was a priest,and he was killed before I was born."Vash nodded."Come with me."Nicholas followed Vash outside and looked up at the tall man."Do you wanna know some more about your father?" "Yes,I would."Vash smiled and begin."Well,from what I know,your father's parents were killed when he was young.He was placed with a guardian who didn't care for him,and at the age of 7,he picked up his first gun,and shot it.He said he thought it was so easy to pull the trigger.Then,Chapel The Evergreen,the ninth Gung-Ho-Gun,taught your father how to kill.The first time I met your father he had his confession box and the Cross Punisher.He was a good man,and a great friend."Nicholas nodded,he was paying good attention.Vash could tell he wasn't going to let his mind wander on this one."Then,we grew closer together,if not for your father,I would be dead now.He was killed by Chapel The Evergreen."

Nicholas whipped away a fears tears."Mother never would tell my anything about him,she said it didn't matter because he died along time ago."Vash nodded then put his hand on the boy's shoulder."So,have you ever had a father figure?" "No,mother never dated or even tried to.I grew up on my own,and learned somethings from the orphans.They knew my father for many years.And I am glad they did."Meryl watched the two from a window in the place they lived."Mother,who is that boy?"Rem asked as she looked at him again.She was only 1 year younger than her brother who was 17."You know the priest we told you about,Nicholas D. Wolfwood?And the girl I used to travel with,Milly Thompson?" "Yeah,I remember." "Well,that's their son.He looks just like Nicholas in every way possible."

Meanwhile Ericks was watching his father and the new boy talk."So,his parents used to travel with my parents."Ericks said to himself.They were the only people who lived in the town,the others had been killed by his muderous uncle,Knives.Ericks smiled."At least he doesn't know my full name."Ericks was only the beginning of the name given to him.Like his father,Vash The Stampede,and his mother,Meryl The Insurance Girl,he had a long name.His name was Ericks The Legacy,and his sisters name was Rem The Angel.His sister was named after a women his father used to know.