Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ See You On The Other Side ❯ A New Rebellion,The Return Of Knives ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title:See you on the other side

Chapter 3:A New Rebellion,The Return Of Knives

Pairings:Wolfwood/Milly Vash/Meryl *New* Rem/Nicholas

Summary:Time has passed on since Wolfwood was killed and Milly said her vows for him.Milly has become ill,and her son has gone to find the legendary 'Vash The Stampede' and Meryl.When he finds them he finds out about his father and when they get back,what happens to Milly?

A New Rebellion,The Return Of Knives

Nicholas looked over at Vash and sighed."Mr. Vash?" "Just call me Vash." "Okay then,Vash can I ask you something?" "Yeah,what is it?" "What is Eden?My mother used to talk about it all the time when I was younger." "Eden is a dream place we all hope to create.Eden just became the name of this place,your father used to say the perfect Eden would be him,your mother,me and Meryl,and the kids from his ophanage."Nicholas nodded."My perfect Eden would be with all my friends,and with my father."He said with a slight sad smile."I'm sorry." "About what Vash?" "If it wasn't for me going after Caine The Longshot your father would have still been here."Nicholas looked away."Him and Chapel had something to settle,I think he would have died even if you had tried to save him." "Maybe your right,but I could've tried." "You can't do everything Vash,no one can do everything and save everyone."

Vash smiled."Thats what your father used to say to me."Nicholas smiled alittle."Well,I think father was right when he gave you the nickname Needle Nogin." "How did you know?" "Mother told me,she told me somethings about my father,like I said before,but she wouldn't tell me everything."Ericks walked over to his father and Nicholas."Mother said supper is ready."Vash nodded then asked Nicholas,"Do you want to eat with us?"Nicholas shook his head."I don't want to intrude." "You wouldn't be,we would be glad to have you eat with us." "Okay then,and thank you." "Your welcome."They all three walked back to the hotel in which they lived.When Nicholas walked in he looked to the far corner and seen a cross."Whats that?"He asked looking up at Vash.

"Thats your father's Cross Punisher."Nicholas nodded.'So thats what mother said he always carried around.His weapon of peace and of war.'He thought to himself."Nicholas...." "Yeah?" "I want to show you something after we eat." "Okay sure."Supper was a time of talk as Nicholas told Vash,Meryl,and their kids about his life."Nicholas,how long have you and your mother lived in the town 300 iles from December?" "Mother moved to the town just before I was born.Everyone knows she married my father,and everyone helps us alot."He looked at his plate and sighed,"That is,except for Mayhew." "Who's Mayhew?"Vash asked.Nicholas looked at his plate again."Mayhew owns the church.Not to long ago,he attacked my mother when I wasn't around.But Eric ran him off then.He came around a few days before my mother became ill,and thats when me and Eric beat the hell out of him,and we haven't seen him since."

Vash nodded,he knew alot of people like that."So,you think your mother will be alright by herself?" "Oh,she's not by herself.Eric and Matt are taking care of her." "Who's Eric and Matt?" "Eric is my best friend,and Matt is his older brother,and he has a little brother named Jamie,but he helps at the ophanage."Vash nodded.He understood what it was like to have help from few people.Nicholas then added,"Anyways Mayhew and Malice wouldn't try to hurt my mother as long as Ace is around." "Who's Ace?" "Ace is my twin brother."Everyone looked at Nicholas shocked."You have a twin brother?!" Meryl and Vash asked at the same time."Yeah,but I'm the oldest twin.He looks like father alittle,but his hair is the same color as mothers and he has the same eye color she does too.He's on a trip,but he should've arrived home today."Everyone was still shocked.'I can't believe Nicholas and Milly are the parents of twins who look just like Nicholas and like her.'

Meryl smiled at Nicholas."How long are you planning to stay here?" "Not to long,I have to go to New July City to pick up my Uncle Mark and Aunt Mary." "From whose side?" "My mother's side,she wanted me to pick them up on my way back home."Everyone nodded,this Nicholas was a good guy.

~*After Supper*~

Vash and Nicholas walked up a cliff face.Vash stopped suddenly and pointed to a rock with writing.The rock said,'Here lies Nicholas D. Wolfwood.A good man and priest as well as a friend'.Nicholas nodded as he looked at his fathers grave.It didn't need everything.Suddenly Vash and Nicholas heard gun shots coming from the town.They ran/jumped down the cliff and into the town.When they arrived Vash came face-to-face with the most unlikely person."Hello brother."