Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ The Blood Dolls ❯ Trip to Olympia ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

After performing in the concert and after making an appearance at the after party that was still drumming away in the lounge the band finally decided to call it a night and head for the hotel. The hotel was all the way over the water in Olympia. A good two hours drive for someone doing the speed limit. The roads were still packed with cars from the concert and traffic was moving at a snails pace.
 
Lounging across the middle seat in our rented SUV I looked up at the ceiling with heavy eyes. The memory of that vampire's scent lingered on the back of my tongue. I knew if I put too much thought into it the people around me would start to notice that something was wrong. That meant West or one of the guys would sit me down and force my mind open when I refused to tell them.
 
Forcing a long sigh to pass my lips I closed my eyes and tried to relax. My body was stiff with an odd desire bubbling in my gut. I wanted that scent all over me. I want to burry my face in it and never leave it. I couldn't remember a time when the heat in my body was so intense, excluding when I first met West.
 
West was my life partner, the one who I am crazy in love with. He was the one man who I would take a bullet for to save, the one person who I would gladly sacrifice myself for. We tended to drift apart during tour season because of the paparazzi, but our minds were permanently linked. Neither of us understood entirely how we were connected, but we didn't mind, usually. Sometimes it ended up with us fighting about things that made no sense, a passing thought that one of use managed to snag from the other's head. Both Daren and Hayden agreed that we have nothing to argue over, but we still manage to find things to bicker about.
 
Jerking my eyes open as we went over an unexpected bump I looked up at the calm face of the vampire leaning over the back of my seat. Speak of the devil.
 
“Yes?” I asked as I looked up into West's crimson eyes. My mind was closed to him unless we were practically wrapped around each other. Thank god.
 
“Is your blood pressure getting rather high, or is it just me?” His voice was on the border line of playful and it caught me slightly off guard. His bright blonde hair fell in front of eyes, shading his face from the glow emanating from the street lights. I cracked a smile up at him and slowly lifted my hand to brush against his high cheek bone.
 
“No, I'm just tired from the long night.” I smiled at him, but got no smile in return. Instead, his eyebrow quirked up as his eyes ran over my face, searching for an emotion I was keeping buried under a well trained mask.
 
“You've never gotten this tired after a show. Has it been too long since your blood was drained?” His voice sounded a bit worried, which was a rare thing for him to show openly to me.
 
“No, even if it had been it's not like I'm going to pop a blood vessel and have a stroke. It takes weeks for that. It's only been a few days.” My smile faded as I lost myself in his creamy scarlet eyes.
 
“Are you sure? I remember your mother saying-” I covered his lips with the pad of my index finger.
 
“Don't,” I said. “I don't want to remember.”
 
He blinked suddenly and turned his attention to the front seat where Daren was watching us from the passenger seat. He probably thought we were going to start fighting again. I started to turn my head to glance his way but stopped when another one of those damn scents wafted through the SUV.
 
“I hope I'm not the only one who smells that.” I said after a moment's silence. There was blood on their air.
 
“It's just a carcass we passed a few hundred feet back.” Hayden said from the driver's seat.
 
“It smells like a predator's blood.” I stated flatly. I knew he could tell as well.
 
“It's just the local vampires on a hunt. They like to call themselves Vegetarians.” I drew my eyes back to West as he spoke.
 
“Vegetarians?” I asked with slightly widened eyes. “As in they don't hunt humans?” My face must have twisted in confusion because West laughed down at me. I frowned and waited for him to answer.
 
“They practice self control unlike anyone I have ever met, especially Carlisle, their leader of sorts.” West's face danced with amusement as he watched me struggle to under stand the concept of self control.
 
“They must be crazy.” I finally muttered. I had never met a vampire that wouldn't drink a human's blood. A pang of worry suddenly crossed my thoughts. What if the scent of that vampire belonged to the group that West spoke of? What if the vampire wouldn't drink my blood? What if I was refused?
 
“What's wrong?” West's voice broke me out of my sudden trace of worry. I smiled up at him, but I could tell I wasn't fooling him.
 
“Nothing, I'm fine.” I said after the smile, as if trying to make myself believe what I had said. His eyes loomed down at me suspiciously. He'd be probing my brain later tonight, that much I could already tell.
 
“Now, now don't you two start fighting again, I don't want to have nightmares tonight.” Hayden said as he looked back at us through the rearview mirror.
 
“You don't sleep, so how can you have nightmares?” I said as I thankfully drew my eyes away from West and over to the two men in the front seats.
 
“I can have daydreams at night, can't I?” He said with a grin. I laughed lightly and shook my head.
 
“You're such a jokester.” I sighed and let my head flop over to face the back of the seat. “How much longer till we are at the hotel?”
 
“About thirty minutes.” Daren answered. He must have been giving Hayden directions.
 
“Wake me when we get there.” I mumbled before rolling my body over to completely face the back of the seat. I felt the back of West's hand lightly trail across my arm and smiled. Pulling his hand to my lips I softly kissed his knuckles and slipped my palm into his. Slowly I drifted off with the comforting feel of West's fingers intertwined with my own.
 
~*~
 
A soft whisper in my ear slowly brought me back to reality. Whatever my dream had been it was suddenly forgotten as I blinked my eyes open. Daren's face was only a few inches away from my own. I looked up at him with cloudy eyes then sighed and let my head fall back onto the seat. I heard a low chuckle as he undid my seatbelt and rolled me over onto my back. I didn't protest when his arms slipped under my back and knees and lifted me into the air. I was too drowsy to walk without risking a fall and he seemed to pick up on it. Leaning into his body as he carried me from the SUV I snuggled into his shoulder and took a wad of his shirt into my hand. I buried my face into his shoulder so no light from the lamps would ruin my night vision.
 
It wasn't long before I felt a warm breeze cross my bare arms. We were inside the four star hotel, but I didn't give a damn. No amount of heat would turn Daren's body warm.
 
I must have drifted off for a moment because the next thing I knew I was being laid down in a dark room on what I could only assume to be a bed. The soft sheets felt like silk under my hands as I pushed myself up to sit next to Daren in the middle of the bed. I couldn't see his face clearly but his outline told me all that I needed to know.
“Hey there, my bloodsucker.” I said with a teasing smile. I knew he could see me clearly in the pitch black room, becoming part of the undead would do that too ya.
 
“Wow, way to put it bluntly.” He said as he leaned in close to me. His lips softly brushed my cheek making me giggle softly. I turned my head and met his lips in a chaste kiss while his hands found their way to the mattress behind me. Slowly he laid me down. Pressing my palms against his stomach I kept our bodies from touching. I was still rather drowsy, but I knew what was a must and what could be skipped until next time. Daren seemed to get my message and pulled away slightly.
 
“I don't think I can handle any more than feeding you tonight, sorry.” My voice was rough and darker than I had wanted it to sound. I felt Daren nod against my cheek as his lips trailed down my jaw and towards the pulse in my neck. Resting my hands on the back of his head I waited for his sharp and familiar fangs to pierce the vain in my neck.
 
I think it's about time I filled you in on what exactly I am. Something you may be wondering is how a 5'2 tall girl with less than 17% body fat can feed all these big bad vampires. It's simple, I'm what vampires call a Blood Doll, hence the title of our band. My sole purpose in life is to feed vampires and to make sure they don't go hungry, their very own private blood bank if you will. I'm the first and last of my kind, so thankfully I don't have any competition, or else I might just have a problem. I'm older than most anything you'll find living, even partially, these days. If I had to count back the years I'd say I've been around since speaking Egyptian was all the rage.
 
And now I assume you must be wondering how the hell I got so old if I'm not a vampire. Well like I said before I'm Immortal. That means age, killing flesh wounds, being shoved off a cliff, and being burnt to ashes won't make me stop bugging you. How would I know all these things don't work? Let's just say some people thought I was a witch a couple centuries back. I don't have any bewitching powers, so I'm not to sure why they thought I was a witch. The only thing I don't do is die. I don't see any reason for them to have to of tried to burn me at the stake. It's not like I go all crispy and give off purple smoke like that one woman, or should I say vampire, they roasted. How humans think is way beyond me.