Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams ❯ Gravity ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

HI! Yes, I'm hyper. I decided to upload two chapters in one day!
 
YAY! 13 REVIEWS FOR ONLY 2 CHAPTERS! I'm really happy that you guys seem to like the story so far! You all deserve…IMAGINARY CHOCOLATE!!!
-hands some to everyone- enjoy!
 
Well, this chapter will have more characters in it. Oh, and just so you know, Emmett is still in school. He's a senior. This is also another songfic chapter (kinda).
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Twilight. It belongs to AWESOME Stephenie Meyer and Stephenie Meyer alone. I also do not own the amazing song “Gravity”. It belongs to the amazing Sara Bareilles.
 
ONWARD, READ!
 
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
 
Chapter 3. Gravity
 
The first thing that entered my head that morning was the memory of those emerald eyes. Then I remembered.
 
Today was my first day at Forks High School. I jumped out of bed and to my dresser to pick out my clothes. Once I had chosen, I laid them out on my bed and ran to the bathroom down the hall and started the shower, waiting for the water to warm up.
 
When the water was warm enough, I got undressed and got in, letting the warm water flow across my skin. I washed my hair and got out, wrapping a towel around my body and another one around my hair. I then walked back to my room and got dressed.
 
I was wearing a long-sleeved, light-blue shirt underneath a light denim jacket and a simple pair of jeans. I ran my brush through my hair and pulled it back into a low ponytail.
 
I ran downstairs to make breakfast for Emmett. Back at the orphanage, each kid had a specific job. Me, I cooked the meals and Emmett was kinda like the babysitter. He took care of all the kids who misbehaved. I made scrambled eggs, considering that's all we had at the moment.
 
A few moments later, Emmett came bounding down the stairs, grinning like an idiot.
 
“Excited?” he asked, not bothering to hide the excitement in his voice. I nodded as I placed his food in front of him and watched as he dug right in. I sat down next to him and ate my own food.
 
10 minutes later, we grabbed our bags and climbed into his 1953 Chevrolet Pickup truck, eager to get to school. Bored with the stereotypical hip-hop and rap on the radio, I took my iPod out of my jacket pocket and listened to it. The song Gravity by Sara Bareilles played softly. Even though I had heard it for the first time the night before, I had already memorized it. A couple minutes later, we reached the school.
 
It was pretty small. All 6 of the small buildings were made out of brick and had a large number painted on one side. We pulled into the parking lot, next to a silver S60R Volvo. I started to wonder if it was Edward's car, but decided it probably wasn't.
 
We got out of the truck and went towards the building that had `MAIN OFFICE' painted above the door. We went in to the little room and were relieved that it was warmer. There was a lady sitting behind a desk, her curly, black hair hanging in her face and a pair of thick, black rimmed glasses perched on her nose.
 
We walked over to her desk and as we did, she looked up at us, revealing her dark-brown eyes. “Can I help you?” she asked, her voice high pitched. Emmett stepped forward to talk to her.
 
“Yes, I'm Emmett Swan and this is my sister, Isabella Swan. We just transferred into this school. We were wondering if we could have our schedule?” he asked, smiling sweetly. Her eyes flickered between him and me.
 
“Ah, the orphans.” I flinched. “Of course, just one moment.” She turned back to her old PC and began typing. A moment later, she printed two papers, handing them, along with a map, to Emmett. “Enjoy your time at Forks High School.” She said as we exited the office.
 
I looked over my schedule.
 
1st period: American Literature with Mr. Varner
2nd period: US History with Mr. Martin
3rd period: Pre-calculus with Ms. Rhodes
Lunch
4th period: Biology with Mr. Banner
5th period: Physical Education with Coach Gibbs
6th period: Honors Choir with Ms. Todd
 
I did a double take at my last class. I looked up at Emmett who was looking over his own schedule.
 
“Did you get me into Honors Choir, Emmett?” I asked quietly. He looked up at me and grinned. The bell then rang and I groaned as I tried to find my way to my American Lit. class.
 
I found it in time and went to talk to the teacher.
 
“Class! We have a new student. Please welcome Isabella Swan.” He announced and a chorus of `hi' was heard throughout the room. He told me to sit next to this blond boy, whose hair was spiked up.
 
“I'm Mike.” He said as he turned towards me.
 
“Bella.” I replied silently, turning to the teacher.
 
For he rest of class, I listened to the teacher ramble on about Nathaniel Hawthorne and his book, the Scarlet Letter, which we were going to be reading soon.
 
When the bell rang, I ran off to find my US History class. The class was uneventful. After that, I ran to find my pre-cal class. I was placed between a blonde girl named Jessica Stanley and a brunette girl named Angela Weber. Lunch was after this class, so Jessica and Angela invited me to sit with them at lunch.
 
Entering the lunchroom, I was led to a small table by the windows. I was introduced to some other people, including Mike for a second time. I was placed between Angela and Mike and when I got my food, I did nothing but pick at it. I looked around the cafeteria for Emmett. There were several tables in the cafeteria. I finally spotted him a table with a bunch of, what looked like, jocks. But I was no longer paying attention to Emmett or the idiots around him. My eyes were locked onto the soccer player who sat at the table, his messy, bronze hair easily recognizable. It was the living Anubis…
 
…Lip locked with some blonde girl.
 
For some unknown reason, seeing him make out with that scantily dressed blonde made my heart ache. I shook of the feeling off and tried to concentrate on what Mike was trying to tell me…something about the winter dance? Ugh, I tuned him out then. I could care less about some stupid dance…I couldn't dance anyway. I found my eyes straying back to his table. Oh god, he was staring at me now!
 
I looked down, blushing. I could feel him watching me as I sat there, staring at my untouched food. Next thing I knew, the bell rang signaling the end of lunch and the beginning of 4th period.
 
I walked out of the lunchroom, Mike following close behind me. I could still feel Edward's stare on my back. I made my way to Biology where the teacher assigned me my seat. I was surprised when I saw Edward enter the room. I knew he saw me, and he surprised me even more by sitting in the seat next to me. He turned to me and smiled his gorgeous, crooked smile.
 
“Fancy seeing you here.” He said. I just nodded. I noticed that the girl he had been kissing during lunch was sitting at a table two rows in front of us, glaring at me. I looked down at my notebook and began doodling.
 
Suddenly, the lights turned off. I looked up to see Mr. Banner putting on a movie. I snuck a glance at Edward, only too catch him staring at me. He put down his head in his arms and in the process, brushed against my arm.
 
The same electric shock that had run through my arm the day before ran through my arm again, but with more intensity. I inhaled sharply, the shock surprising me. I could swear him stiffen next to me.
 
The class ended shortly, and as soon as the bell rang, Edward was out the door. I stared after him, confused. I shrugged and got up so that Mike could lead me to gym.
 
Ugh. Gym. Probably my worst subject, what with me being a klutz and all.
 
Since it was my first day, the coach let me sit on the bleachers rather than participate. Mike frequently came over to talk to me while taking breaks from playing tennis. When the bell rang, I split from Mike and went to find the choir class.
 
I entered the classroom to see a whole bunch of people, but a few stood out.
 
I noticed a small, black haired girl that sat behind me in my pre-cal class. Alice something, I think. She was shorter than me and her skin was pale, like Edward's. Her black hair was short and cropped into a pixie cut. Her eyes were a beautiful green, also like Edward's. She was wearing a black tank top and a pink skirt that reached about mid-thigh.
 
Next to her sat a blonde boy. He was tall, but shorter than Edward. His eyes were a beautiful blue. He was wearing a light-blue polo shirt and a simple pair of jeans. And next to him sat Anubis himself.
 
Edward sat next to the blonde boy, and I finally noticed what he was wearing. He was wearing a tan, turtleneck sweater and a pair of dark jeans. He was talking to the blonde boy and the pixie, as I named her. As if sensing my presence, he looked up at me and smiled slightly. I smiled back, fully aware that I was blushing. I heard the pixie giggle as I went to talk to the teacher. The teacher told me something I had not expected.
 
Every new member of the choir had to sing a song for the rest of the choir.
 
“B-But I haven't really sung in four years, Ms. Todd.” I told her. After talking a bit today, I had gotten a lot more used to talking.
 
“Well, now's your chance to start again. I'll play piano for you, if you want.” She replied, smiling slightly. I thought about songs to sing. Then I remembered. I bent down and whispered the song I would like to sing, asking if she knew how to play it on piano. Unfortunately, she didn't…but there was someone who did.
 
She stood up and walked to the front of the room, gesturing for me to follow her.
 
“Okay, class. This is Bella. As you know, it's tradition for all new members of the choir to sing a song for the rest of the class.” She said, smiling as the students all nodded their heads. “Mr. Cullen, would you be willing to play the piano for her?” she asked. I was stunned to see Edward nod and stand before walking to the piano. He gestured for me to come over there.
 
“What are you singing?” he asked quietly, making my insides tingle.
 
“Gravity by Sara Bareilles.” I replied. He smiled at my choice then turned to the piano. He then began playing.
 
The chords rand out beautifully. I was amazed at how gracefully his fingers moved across the keys. I readied myself to sing.
 
Something always brings me back to you.
It never takes too long.
No matter what I say or do I'll still feel you here 'til the moment I'm gone.
 
You hold me without touch.
You keep me without chains.
I never wanted anything so much than to drown in your love and not feel your reign.
 
I got ready for the chorus, and the high notes in it.
 
Set me free, leave me be. I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity.
Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be.
But you're on to me and all over me.
 
You loved me 'cause I'm fragile.
When I thought that I was strong.
But you touch me for a little while and all my fragile strength is gone.
 
Set me free, leave me be. I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity.
Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be.
But you're on to me and all over me.
 
I listened as the piano picked up volume, getting ready for the bridge.
 
I live here on my knees as I try to make you see that you're everything I think I need here on the ground.
But you're neither friend nor foe though I can't seem to let you go.
The one thing that I still know is that you're keeping me down
Ooh
 
You're keeping me down
Yeah yeah yeah yeah
 
You're onto me; you're onto me and all over
 
The piano got softer as we got closer to the ending.
 
Something always brings me back to you
It never takes too long.
 
Edward played the last chords and let the last one fade out.
 
I waited for the booing I was used to and closed my eyes. But once again, I was surprised. Instead of booing…
 
…They were applauding.
 
I opened my eyes to stare at the class who were clapping and whistling. I blushed and bowed before going to sit in the back of the room. I sat there silently, still embarrassed from the unusual response to my singing.
 
I felt the presence of someone in front of me. I looked up to see Edward, the blonde boy, and the pixie standing in front of me.
 
“C-Can I help you?” I asked, trying to get my voice louder. The pixie grinned.
 
“I'm Alice Cullen, and this is my boyfriend, Jasper Hale.” She said, pointing to herself then the blonde boy. “And this, as I think you already know, is Edward, my brother.” She pointed to Edward. It was slight, but I could see the resemblance; they both had the same, emerald-green eyes.
 
“Nice to meet you.” I replied, smiling slightly.
 
“We heard that you were Emmett's little sister, and he asked if we could videotape your first time singing in four years.” Jasper said, holding up a small video camera. I instantly blushed at the thought of my singing being videotaped. Alice giggled before settling into the chair to my left, Jasper sitting down next to her. I expected Edward to sit next to Jasper, but he surprised me again by sitting in the chair to my right.
 
“You have a wonderful voice.” Edward whispered in my ears, sending chills down my spine. How could someone I barely knew affect me this way?
 
“Th-Thank you.” I replied quietly, the blush creeping back onto my face. All three of them laughed and I found myself laughing with them.
 
Class ended a short time afterwards. On my way out the door, I was stopped by Edward.
 
“Do you need a ride home again?” he asked. I shook my head.
 
“I'm going with Emmett. We're stopping at a couple different stores to get some things for the house, including food. Sorry.” I smiled apologetically. He just smiled and followed me out to the car where Emmett was waiting for me with a blonde girl.
 
The blonde girl was definitely beautiful. She was tall and she had icy blue eyes. Her blonde hair reached to the middle of her back. She was wearing a pair of black, skinny jeans and a form-fitting, red t-shirt. I hesitantly approached my brother and the stranger.
 
“Bells!” Emmett said, grinning. “This is Rosalie Hale. Rose, this is my little sister, Bella.” Rosalie stepped forward, holding out her hand.
 
“Pleased to meet you. I'm Rosalie, Jasper's older sister.” She said, smiling slightly. I reached forward and shook her hand.
 
“Bella.” Replied, returning the smile.
 
After meeting Rosalie, Emmett and I drove to different stores, buying little things, like food, for the house. When we got home, we unpacked and put away what we had bought. I then fixed fried chicken breast and rice for dinner. We ate in silence before getting up and getting ready for bed.
 
I changed into my pajamas and plugged my iPod into my new iPod speakers. I pressed play and adjusted the volume before getting into bed. I listened to the song. It just happened to be Gravity. I smiled softly as I drifted to sleep, remembering the way it sounded when Edward played it on the piano. Once again, my dreams were filled with the living Anubis with emerald-green eyes.
 
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
 
So, what do you think? Was chapter 3 good? I might write an EPOV chapter and have it filled with flashbacks of when he met Bella, when he heard her sing, etc. but like I said, this is mainly a BPOV story.
 
Please review!
 
 
--Inugirl93