Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams ❯ Forgotten ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

`Ello! So, I decided to go ahead and write chapter two…just to warn you, this is kind of a songfic chapter. There will most likely be more of these in the future, considering the fact that Bella's dream in this story is to b a singer.
 
I hope you enjoy!
Oh, and thank you AtlantisCat101 for giving me my first review.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Twilight. It belongs to Stephenie Meyer. Also, I don't own the song “Forgotten”; it belongs to Avril Lavigne.
 
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
 
Chapter 2. Forgotten
 
I looked around nervously. I wasn't used to places this small…or clean. I heard Emmett chuckle behind me and I turned to glare at him. He just ruffled my hair and grinned.
 
“Why don't you look around while I go get our bags from the car?” He asked, grinning like the big idiot he was. I nodded and shuffled off, eager to explore this new place.
 
The house was beautiful, that's for sure. It was an old, white, two-story high, Victorian Era house. For being to old, it was in really good condition. I silently wondered how much this had cost Emmett.
 
I wandered through the house, memorizing every little detail I could. The walls were a plain white and the hardwood floors a dark brown. There was a comfy-looking, light-brown couch in the middle of the room and a small, black coffee table in front of it. On a small shelf-looking thing, sat a small TV. I was guessing this was the living room/dining room. I walked on.
 
Connected to the living room/dining room was the small, plain kitchen. Almost everything in this house seemed to be white.
 
I walked down the hallway, finding a small bathroom, an office-like room, and a laundry room. I then decided to look upstairs. I walked up the mahogany steps slowly, hearing every few steps creak beneath my feet. I walked down the hallway, opening each door on the way.
 
By the time I reached the end of the hallway, I had found two bedrooms, another bathroom, and a storage room. They had all been the same, plain white. Nothing special.
But I still had one more room left.
 
I opened the last door slowly, aware of the hinges squealing loudly. I opened the door fully, and I found myself trying to remember how to breathe.
 
The walls were a beautiful sky-blue. There was a large window on one end, looking over the woods. Underneath the window was a large, four-poster bed with sheets matching the color of the walls. Next to the bed stood a beautiful nightstand and on the other side was a beautiful Mahogany dresser.
 
I was in awe. It was the most beautiful room I'd ever seen. I heard footsteps down the hall, but paid them no mind. Next thing I knew, Emmett was standing next to me.
 
“Wow, Bells…I think we found your room.” He said, putting a hand on my shoulder. I turned to him and grinned. He just chuckled. He started leaving the room to bring the bags up, but halfway through the door, he stopped and came back over to me.
 
“The kids at the orphanage all worked together to get you something.” He said, handing me a medium sized package. I went over and sat on the bed, ripping off the wrapping paper slowly. As I pulled off the last of the wrapping paper, I was sure there were tears in my eyes.
 
Inside were at least 10 different CDs and an iPod. I looked through the CDs. Avril Lavigne, Sara Bareilles, Colbie Caillat, and the rest were mixed CDs. I grabbed the ipod and turned it on. There was already music on it. I put the ear buds in my ears and lay back on the bed. An Avril Lavigne song started.
 
Ah oh
Ah oh
Ah oh
Ah oh
 
I'm giving up on everything
Because you messed me up
Don't know how much you
Screwed it up
You never listened
That's just too bad
 
As I listened, I couldn't help but think of my mother. She really had messed me up.
 
Because I'm moving on
I won't forget
You were the one that was wrong
I know I need to step up and be strong
Don't patronize me
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
 
I was going to be strong. She wasn't here to hold me down anymore.
 
Have you forgotten
Everything that I wanted
Do you forget it now?
You never got it
Do you get it now?
Yea yea yea yea yea
Yea yea yea yea yea
Ah ah ah ah
Ah ah ah ah
 
They never did believe in what I wanted, what I wanted to become…a singer
 
Gotta get away
There's no point in thinking about yesterday
It's too late now
It won't ever be the same
We're so different now
Yea yea yea yea yea
 
I did get away from her, although not in the way I'd planned.
 
Have you forgotten
Everything that I wanted
Do you forget it now?
You never got it
Do you get it now?
Yea yea yea yea yea
Yea yea yea yea yea
Ah ah ah ah
Ah ah ah ah
 
Everyone, besides Emmett, forgot about me and what I wanted.
 
I know I wanna run away
I know I wanna run away
Run away
If only I could run away
If only I could run away
Run away
I told you what i wanted I
I told you what i wanted
What I wanted
But I was forgotten
I won't be forgotten
Never Again
 
I wasn't going to be forgotten. She forgot me, so all I had to do was forget her. The song drifted to a close, but I continued to listen. Suddenly, the bed sank as Emmett had come in and sat down on the bed.
 
“You were singing again, Bells! You were singing!” he exclaimed as he pulled me into a hug. “You have no idea how long I've been waiting to hear you sing again!” I couldn't help the blood rising to my cheeks. I didn't mean to start singing. He pulled away and grinned at me. “You really need to start singing again. If you don't you can't achieve your dream.” I knew he was right, but I wasn't comfortable enough to even talk at the moment.
 
He left a couple minutes later, leaving my bags at the foot of my bed so that I could unpack. I put all my clothes in the dresser and placed my teddy bear on the bed. I know what you're thinking. A 16-year-old who still has a teddy bear? Yeah, well Mr. Bear here is the one who comforts me when Emmett isn't around.
 
I went downstairs to see Emmett on the couch, watching the tiny TV. I suddenly had an idea.
 
“E-Emmett?” I asked quietly, still stuttering since I had just started talking again. He was startled but turned around to look at me. He gave me a questioning look. “W-Would it be okay if I went and t-took a look around town?” I asked, looking at the floor rather than him. Next thing I heard was his booming laughter. I felt the heat rise to my cheeks again as I looked at my brother again.
 
“Of course, Bells! Although you might want to change first.” He said, pointing to my clothes. I nodded and ran back upstairs to find something to wear. I finally settled on a pair of light-blue jeans and a long-sleeved, aqua shirt. I ran my travel brush through my hair quickly, grabbed my almost empty wallet, and then ran downstairs. I slipped on my shoes and said goodbye to Emmett, before opening the door and slipping outside.
 
Forks, Washington was very different from my childhood home of Phoenix, Arizona. There, it was sunny and dry. Here, the sun almost never shined from behind the almost permanent cloud cover. It rained almost every day and everything was so…green.
 
I walked down the street, and it wasn't long until I saw what was considered `downtown'. I kept walking into downtown and started looking around. I kept walking until I saw the library. My smile widened as I went inside. I went straight to the `for sale' box by the checkout desk and was pleasantly surprised to find a copy of my favorite book, Withering Heights.
 
I picked up the book and went to ask how much it was. The woman at the desk said that I could have it for free; a welcome present to Forks. I didn't even bother asking how she knew that I was new here.
 
As I was leaving the library, I managed to be the klutz I am and ran into someone, and fall on my behind in the process. I looked up to see the most beautiful boy I had ever seen.
 
He was tall, at least 6 feet, and was slightly muscular in build, but still lean. His jaw was straight, as was his nose and his skin was pale, almost paler than mine. His bronze hair was a mess upon his head, but it looked natural and like it was impossible to tame. But none of these things were what captured my attention. His eyes.
 
His eyes were a sparkling, emerald-green. They were the most beautiful set of eyes I had ever seen. Nothing could ever compare. His eyes entranced me as he stared into mine. I felt the blood rushing to my face, so I broke the stared by looking ground. He looked like a living Anubis.
 
“S-Sorry.” I mumbled quietly. I started fidgeting. Next thing I saw was a hand in front of my face. I looked back at him, surprised. He was smiling crookedly, making my heartbeat at 200 miles per hour.
 
“Here, let me help you.” He said, his voice smooth like velvet. I hesitantly took his hand as he pulled me to my feet. When my hand touched his, a shock of electricity ran up my arm. When he had helped me up, he let go of my hand as soon as he could. My hand felt cold.
 
“Are you okay?” came his voice again. I looked at the floor and just nodded, too embarrassed to use my voice. I heard him chuckle. “You don't talk much, do you?” he asked. I looked at him, stunned.
 
“H-How could you t-tell?” I asked quietly. He shrugged.
 
“I'm not sure. I just knew.” Was his reply.
 
I thanked him quietly before heading out the doors again, but I was stopped by a hand grabbing my wrist. I turned to face the Anubis.
 
“Wait! What's your name?” he asked.
 
“I'm B-Bella.” I said shakily. He smiled crookedly again, making my heart flutter.
 
“Bella…” he said, as if testing the name. He looked at the ceiling for a moment. “That's Italian for beautiful…” he looked back to me. “It suits you.” I knew my face must have been completely red by this point. “I'm Edward. Would you like to come with me to dinner? Then I could show you around town.” He asked. I shook my head.
 
“I-I need to get home.” I said quietly.
 
“Well, can I give you a ride home then?”
 
I looked up at him, shocked. No person, let alone a handsome boy, had ever asked if I wanted a ride home. I nodded and let him lead me to his shiny, silver Volvo. Oh god, he was rich too.
 
He opened the passenger door for me and went around and got in the driver's seat. He drove at an okay speed, asking me every so often for directions. After a couple minutes, we reached my house and he pulled into my driveway. I muttered a quiet goodbye before opening the door. I was about to get out but was stopped by his voice.
 
“Take care, Bella. I hope to see you again soon.” He said, smiling. I smiled back softly and got out, shutting the door behind me. I walked to my front door and turned around to wave at him. He waved back smoothly. I opened the front door and stepped inside, shutting it again behind me. I heard Edward slowly pull out of the driveway, the sound of his motor fading.
 
I walked into the living room to see Emmett asleep on the couch. I smiled as I grabbed the blanket on the floor and placed it on top of him. I looked at the clock. It was almost 9 PM already. I walked upstairs and into my room. I changed into my light-blue pajama set and climbed into bed. I began to worry about tomorrow and my first day of school. I put in my iPod ear buds before closing my eyes. As I drifted to sleep, all my worries about the next day vanished as a pair of emerald-green eyes invaded my dream.
 
Everything else was forgotten.
 
 
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
 
So, what do you think over chapter 2? It came out a lot longer than I expected (it's 6 pages while chapter 1 was 3 pages). I hope to have chapter 3 up soon.
 
So, please review!
 
 
--Inugirl93
 
P.S. I'm still looking for a Beta