Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Shooting Star ❯ Almost ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER 5: Almost
 
 
I flopped down on the bed, sighing.
“That was the most fun I've had playing Monopoly since I was a kid!” I felt the bed dip as Edward joined me.
“I'm glad.” I peeked up at him. His eyes were liquid…light golden…warm.
“It looked like you were having fun too,” I accused him lightly; “I haven't seen you laugh like that in a while. It feels good.” Instead of answering, his kissed me, his lips fervent. The rest of the world melted away and there was nothing but him.
This was the way I always wanted to feel.
Forever.
He moved his lips to my throat, allowing me to taking in a mouthful of air, and I shivered at the slow movements his lips were making on my collar bone.
“Edward—” I had something to say, but I lost my train of thought as his fingertips slid down my arms, barely touching, raising goosebumps along the way. I threaded my fingers through his hair, wondering how I had been so lucky.
“Yes?” His velvet voice asked against the collar of my shirt.
“Huh?” I said, dazed.
“You were saying something?” His lips very slowly ran back and forth across my skin.
“Could you…” I blushed.
“Bella, you can ask me anything.”
“Could you take off your shirt?” I asked, barely audible, glad his eyes were not looking at my face. I felt his cool breath against my skin as he laughed.
“Of course.” He kissed my throat once more before leaning back and undoing the buttons on his shirt and shrugging out of it. I heard myself suck in a breath. My fingers traced the icy muscles lightly, and I saw him close his eyes. I pushed him back onto the bed, and he did fall back, smiling ever so slightly. I continued to run my fingertips across his chest and down his stomach. He was too beautiful—overwhelmingly beautiful. I felt him sigh.
“What are you thinking?” I asked quietly. He was silent for a moment before answering.
“You have no idea how good that feels…the warmth.” I bent to press my lips to his collar bone, same as he had done for me, remembering the fantasy Alice had picked up on that day in the tent.
And I did exactly that.
I kissed slowly down his chest, listening to his breath come in and out evenly, and I might have imagined it speed up a bit as I reached the hard muscles of his stomach.
He was too perfect.
Even after two years or so, it was almost hard to believe he was real—hard to believe he was mine. I finally reached down to undo the button of his jeans, and he placed a hand over mine, stopping me.
“What's wrong?” I asked, afraid he was going to say not tonight again.
“I…” he hesitated. I could see him searching for the right words. “I just want to savor this,” he told me quietly, his eyes staring up at me…so deep and fiery.
“I know,” I said, “It's just I love you so much. Everything about you. And I want it all at once.” I blushed at the way the words sounded coming out of my mouth. He grinned.
“I understand what you mean,” he whispered, his voice low and velvety. “I completely understand.” He rolled taking me with him. I could feel his body against every line of mine, but holding himself so that there was no pressure on me. “Remember the night when we talked about this?” He asked.
“Yah,” I said, grimacing at the memory. He chuckled.
“Remember what I said? “Bella…would you please stop trying to take your clothes off?””
“And I said, “Do you wanna do that part?””
“I do now.” The low roughness in his voice sent a pleasant thrill shooting through me. His icy fingers undid the buttons of my blouse slowly, taking his time. He finally undid the last one, tossing the shirt to the ground beside the bed. His eyes lit with the most beautiful golden fire I had ever seen. I blushed at the realization that I was lying under him in my bra and jeans. He took in a deep breath.
“I know I'm not that…attractive,” I murmured quietly, averting my eyes. I looked up, and Edward's eyes were somewhat cold.
“Bella… how can you think that?” His voice was taking on an edge of fierceness I had only heard a couple of times. “Have you ever looked in the mirror?”
“But—” Edward cut me off with a scorching kiss.
“You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.”
“Okay, that's a lie,” I muttered.
“Of course it's not!” Edward's eyes closed for a minute, lowering his lips to my throat again and trailing lazily down my chest a bit and my breath caught in my throat. His fingers traced the inward curve of my stomach. “How can you be so beautiful?” He asked.
“That's my line.” I told him breathlessly. Edward smiled sadly, his eyes dragging back up to mine, locking my gaze.
“Bella, you know that some girls are…pretty, or some are…cute,” his mouth formed awkwardly around the words. I nodded slowly. “Well the pretty girls and the cute girls may be attractive…” A wave of horror shot through me, “to other boys. But they hold absolutely no interest to me. But, you, Bella…” his hand cupped my cheek, “my Bella…you are in a category of your own. Those girls don't even begin to compare to your beauty.” I blushed.
“I guess,” I muttered hesitantly. He resumed what he was doing, his fingers tracing.
“You are the most beautiful thing in my world,” he reassured against my ribcage.
“Your world is the only one I care about.” I felt his cold lips smile against my overly heated skin. He finally reached my jeans.
“Fine. Now we can get the pants off.”
“Yes,” I whispered, “I never liked pants. You should take yours off too.”
“Pants are terrible,” Edward agreed. “You should never wear them when you're around me.” I giggled. He undid the button and zipper and yanked my pants down my hips and legs, finally tugging them off my feet, and tossing them beside my shirt. So there I lay, in my underwear. “Much better…” he mused, his finger tracing the circle of my knee cap.
“What about yours?” I asked, eyeing his jeans. A quick flash and he was standing beside the bed in only his boxers, his jeans crumpled into a heap on the floor. “Much better,” I mused as he lay next to me again before I could blink, “pants are defiantly bad.”
“Defiantly,” Edward agreed. His lips found mine, and his fingers found the outside of my thigh, trailing lightly up it to my hip. Somewhere in the back of my mind I was glad I had remembered to shave today. “You have gorgeous legs,” he murmured.
“Thank you.”
“Bella?” something in his voice made me look up. “Are you sure you want to try this?” There was conflict in his eyes. His eyebrows knitted together.
“Yes,” I whispered. “If there's any real danger, you can stop, and I won't complain.”
“I could kill you, Bella,” he hissed through gritted teeth.
“I know,” I reached a hand up to cup his cheek. “But if you start going crazy, I'll stop you.”
“Do you promise?” His voice was hard; strained.
“Scout's honor,” I said with a little military salute. The crooked smile I loved so much twitched up the corner of his mouth. His mouth lowered to my throat. I felt his fingers tease down my stomach to the waistband of my underwear, and start to pull it down. I sucked in a breath, and leaned my head to the side, looking out his window…
And there, perched on a branch on a tree outside his window…was Alice.
I screamed, and Edward almost flew off the bed in surprise.
“What?!” He asked, startled. I pointed, unable to speak, my body still recovering from the shock. He turned his head to look out the window, and Alice was still there. She just grinned, waving to us as if there was nothing odd about the situation. I jumped behind Edward, hiding there, my fingers gripping his shoulders tightly.
“Alice…” Edward growled. Even though it was soft, no doubt Alice could hear it.
“Bella! Edward! Is everything okay?” Esme's frantic voice exclaimed as she ran through the door, Carlisle following right behind her. Carlisle turned away a bit as he saw I was in my underwear, Edward in the same state. Edward jerked his head in the direction of the branch outside the window, which was now empty.
“Alice decided to be a peeping Tom,” Edward growled.
“What did I do wrong?” Alice's high voice was dripping with innocent sweetness. She stood in the doorway, her eyes wide and shining.
“You had better start running, Alice,” Edward growled. Alice looked hurt. She turned to Carlisle and Esme.
“I was only concerned. I foresaw them doing some things, and decided to come see if they were doing all right…if Edward was hurting her. I was only there for a second. Oh, by the way, Bella, I like your underwear.” I blushed deeper.
“I agree with Edward, Alice,” my voice was dark, “Run as fast as you can.” Esme sighed, turning to put a hand on Alice's shoulder.
“Alice, you really should give them their privacy. This is important to them, so please stay out of it.” Her voice was soft.
“I'm sorry,” Alice's face held a heartbreaking expression. “I'm sorry, Bella. I'm sorry, Edward. Really I am. I was just concerned. That was all. I'll try to not spy on you anymore.”
“Pervert,” I muttered.
“All right,” Esme said. “We'll leave you two alone.” Carlisle lingered a minute after Esme and Alice had left.
“Come see me in the morning, Edward,” he said, “I have some things I could help you with.”
“Thank you, Carlisle,” Edward said, and Carlisle drifted out too, closing to door behind him. I collapsed backwards onto the bed. “Damn her,” Edward cursed, “Damn Alice to the pits of hell.”
“You know you don't mean that,” I said, the anger towards Alice having run its course.
“No,” he allowed, “but she still ruined our night.” He pulled me into a hug, my skin burning against his. “I'm sorry, Bella.”
“It's okay. Carlisle said to talk to him. He will probably be able to help make it safer, and guarantee no interruptions.” Edward closed his eyes, sighed, and then opened them again.
“Do you want to sleep now?” He asked.
“No,” I said, “I just want to lay here with you for a while.” I sighed happily as he pulled the golden covers of the bed around me and then climbed under them himself, fitting his arm around me as I lay my head on his bare chest. “I wish we could stay like this forever,” I whispered.
“We can,” he whispered back, his lips against my hair.
I took comfort in that thought as I drifted off to sleep in Edward's arms.