Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ What is this feeling called? ❯ Welcome ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

I cranked up the music on my car stereo as I drove closer to my new home.
I only agreed to move to Forks after hearing that my sister Bella was having a great time there.
Yes, I am moving to Forks, Washington with my fraternal twin Bella and our father, but very reluctantly I might add.
Phil had bought me a pitch black Mercedes-Benz W221 with tinted windows as a going away present and for that I was thankful. For one I didn't want people to see me as I drove in because I have a problem with people staring at me. Second I don't really like the sun not that there was any here and all. That was another reason I had agreed to come live here. I'm not saying that I hated it in Flordia but it was just too hot for my liking. I had always liked it in places that were warm but not too warm and I didn't like the cold either but it was better than dying in the heat.
I pulled into the driveway of my new two story high house and slowly got out of the car and pulled down my shades.
I walked up to the door and knocked three times and waited for someone to answer.
Not even a minute later Bella opened the door and threw herself at me.
"Angel!" Bella exclaimed as Charlie showed up at the door.
"Hi Angel." Charlie said as he smiled.
"Hi Dad." I said as I tried to pry Bella off of me.
"What took you so long?" Charlie asked. "You were supposed to be here two hours ago."
"I overslept." I said plainly as I walked into the house.
"That's okay we're just happy that you are here now." Bella said as she led me into the living room which held one occupant at the moment.
"Who's he? I don't remember ever having a brother." I said as I looked him up and down. He was very pale and had auburn hair. He had good looks but definitely not my type.
"That's my boyfriend, Edward." Bella said.
"Nice to meet you," He said extending out his hand to me so I could shake it.
"Charmed I'm sure," I said looking at his hand waiting for it to disappear.
A couple more seconds later it did with a very confused and frustrated Edward looking at me.
"Take a picture, it lasts longer and they stand still." I said as I walked away to give myself a quick tour of the house.
"Is she always this rude?" I heard Edward question.
"She's always been the rebelious type." Charlie said. "But once she gets to know a person she somewhat warms up to them."
"This should be a very interesting school year." Edward said.
~He has no idea.~ I thought to myself as I walked back into the living room. "So who's going to show me to my room so I can unpack?"
"Me, of course." Bella said as she made her way upstairs.
I quickly followed as did Edward to my greatest despair because I wanted to question her about him. There was something strange about him that I had to figure out even if I had to find out on my own.
This was going to be a very busy year.