Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ What is this feeling called? ❯ New School ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

I awoke to the smell of coffee and slowly sat up in bed. Today is my first day at my new boring school, Forks High School.
I took a quick shower and got dressed in my usual attire, a form fitting black shirt that said 'I Know I'm Not PERFECT But I'm so Close it Scares Me.', a blackfrilly mini skirt, pink leggings, pink fingerless gloves, and black combat boots.
I walked down the stairs to find Charlie and Bella sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast. I walked over to the coffee pot and poured myself some.
"Coffee at your age is bad." Charlie said with a scrowl on his face.
"I've been drinking coffee since I was seven." I said sitting down at the table, blowing on my coffee to cool it down.
"Fine." He said looking at his watch and then stood up, "Well I've got to get going to work. Don't be late for school, be careful going there, and have fun." At that he turned and left the kitchen.
Once I heard the door close behind him I turned to Bella, "So what do you do for fun around here?"
"I hang out with Edward and his family." She said not looking up from her bowl of cereal.
"That brings up my question I have for you about your boyfriend Edward." I said looking at my nice cup of coffee.
"Like what?" she asked finally looking up.
"He's a vampire, isn't he?"
"What?" She yelled as her eyes got bigger.
"Come on Bella, we all know that I read a lot and he fits the definition perfectly."
"I-I don't know what you're talking about." she said getting up and putting her empty cereal bowl in the sink. "Edward's a normal guy."
"You really suck at lying, plus I heard you talking to him in your room last night." i said downing the last of my coffee and putting it on the table. "He was talking abouthow he and his brother Emmett were going hunting this weekend. I'm pretty sure that explains some of my suspitions, too.'
"You could hear us?"
"Mostly you, but yes, I heard everything."
Bella bit her lip, 'Edward's not going to be happy about this."
"Oh yeah, what did he mean by he couldn't read my mind?"
"That's his power. You and I are the only one's he can't read."
"That's good because I don't want him anywhere inside of my head." I looked at my cellphone clock, "Well I better head off for school so I can find all of my classes before it starts."
"Do you want me to go with you?"
"Nah, you go call your boyfriend and tell him what's going on."
"Bu-"
"See ya!" I said as I grabbed my sleeveless Gir jacket and hurried out the door.
As I stepped out I could feel a faint drizzle and it felt wonderful. I climbed into my car and pulled out of the driveway and sped down the street. I had this fascination with fast cars but I hated anything else that was fast.
It didn't take that long the speed I was going to get to the school. I quickly pulled my car into what I thought was student parking.
I grabbed my shoulder bag as I exited from my car and headed for the admissions office that looked like it was so far away.
Soon I entered the building and walked up to the receptionist.
"May I help you?" She asked in a bubbly personality that grated on my nerves and I instantly hated her for that.
"Yes, I'm Angel Swan and I'm new here."
"Oh yes, your dad warned us you were coming." she said looking through papers.
~Great...~ I thought as I tapped my foot impatiently.
"Here it is, you're schedule and map of the school. Here's a paper that you need to have all of your teachers sign and bring it back here when the day is over."
"Do I have to?" I asked as I reluctantly took the papers.
"Yes."
"Fine..." I said turning around and walking out of the office.
As I glanced down at my schedule I bumped into someone and fell to the ground, landing on my butt.
"Ow... Sorry..." I said as I looked up to see the cutiest guy I had ever seen.