Urusei Yatsura Fan Fiction ❯ Ataru's Onihood... ❯ Chapter 4: Living together... ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Urusei Yatsura. UY belongs to Rumiko Takahashi, VIZ and some such.
“Spoken”
-Thought-
*Sound FX*

Urusei Yatsura: Ataru’s Onihood…

Chapter 4: Living together…

The return trip to Earth was again done in rather awkward silence, this time it was the result of the happenings that followed Ataru’s recovery. There was the more than slightly troubled exchanging of engagement rings… which was thankfully not ‘witnessed’ by anyone. Ataru’s bumbling attempt to present the rings, Lum distrust regarding ‘Darling’ finally giving in and the fact that it had been Lum’s father who had ‘coerced’ Ataru to get the said rings had given the pair more than enough problems. They had managed to talk things through and had even shared a tentative first kiss, first in the galactic history in which both Lum and Ataru were participating.

Of course things never went without a hitch and there had been some unwelcome company, namely Rei who had seen the last part of the exchange and charged in his Bull-Tiger form to try and kill Ataru, a process that was put to halt by Lum’s father who stiffly ordered Rei to stay away from Lum and her fiancé until further notice.

This event was followed by a family dinner during which Ataru noticed that he was now able to ingest Oni foods without actually burning his mouth, this was something he was most certainly delighted about since if there was one thing Lum couldn’t do, even if her life depended on it, and that was cooking food that would be suitable for earthlings.

This really wasn’t the reason for the silence, rather it was the parting words from Lum’s parents that got them all clogged up. For one, Lum’s father said that Ataru had two years to learn about the Oni language and then he would be required, as Lum’s fiancé to attend the Oni Military academy, so that he could serve as her adjutant in the case of war. Again that wasn’t so bad, it really was Lum’s mother who drove the pair over the top. She showed them a certain manual about certain activities in the bedroom, a manual that Ataru couldn’t read but the pictures spoke for themselves. Lum on the other hand was more than able to read the text, thus she got even more embarrassed than her now official fiancé.

-----

It was some time after dinner in the Moroboshi household, it had been rather gloomy ever since Lum had taken Ataru from the hospital five days earlier. The only consolation was the presence of Jariten, or Ten-chan since he’d been a really good boy for the past few days. As it was the family were huddled together in the living room, trying to pull any comfort from each others presence, when there was a loud noise from upstairs… more specifically from Ataru’s room.

When Ataru’s parents and Ten finally made their way to the room they were greeted by a sight of Lum and the back of a horned stranger in tiger striped clothing. They naturally hogged on Lum and began to ask questions like “Where’s my son/the idiot/Ataru?” Questions which were answered by a small cough and disdainful “Geez… I changed that much huh?”

-----

Few days later Lum and Ataru, along with Ten had settled into their new home, complete with a great Oni-proof kitchen, and were now ready to tackle the next week of their mandatory education. Ataru decided to wear a cap over his head to conceal the horns, just to shock his classmates and whatnot. He ignored the buzz of conversation as he walked into the classroom, followed by the flying Lum, and sat down on his usual spot. Soon enough he was swarmed by almost everyone in the class saying that they were glad that he was better, although he noticed that several girls held his hand longer than was strictly necessary.
He also noticed Shuutaro Mendo’s greeting. “Moroboshi… I’m… I’m really… I” Mendo got no further when Ataru grabbed his hand “What is it Mendo? You were worried? About me? Ne Shuutaro… Ne ne Mendo-kun… Ne TEME!” And so the pair was facing off, one with a large mallet and the other with a sharp katana. Both were smiling though, things were back to normal… or so it would seem.

There was also chatter among the girls, someone had spied Lum on a date with a hunky looking Oni guy… and the rumour mill went wild. Ataru was obviously dumped by Lum who now had a new hubby, a hot looking, least from behind, Oni guy… complete with horns and a nice sexy outfit.

And so entered the teacher… Onsen Mark, who immediately noticed Ataru Moroboshi sitting on his designated desk and wearing a goofy looking hat. Hiding his relief he decided to get Moroboshi for making him worry over the Golden Week and hastily strode next to the bane of his existence all the while pointing at his head. “Moroboshiiii! What the hell are you wearing… that hat is against school regulations… TAKE IT OFF!!” He then flipped the hat off Ataru’s head and suddenly froze at the sight of two horns that were prominently displayed on Ataru’s head. “Damn you Moroboshi… that trick won’t work on me twice. Now get rid of those fake horns and stay the hell up during my classes…”

Ataru just lazily scratched his head, right between the horns, before standing up. “Sure thing Onsen Mark… I’ll just remove these fake ‘horns’ along with these.” He opened his mouth. “fake ‘fangs’… not to mention that I’ll just stop making these…” He opened his arm while marching towards the now retreating teacher. “…fake ‘lightings’. Right Onsen Mark?” Ataru was now laughing maniacally and making electricity dance between his fingers while the poor teacher had retreated as far as the classroom would allow him.

Onsen Mark was sweating bullets while staring at the dancing electricity in Ataru’s hand. Lum had been bad enough but she never really ‘Zakked’ anyone other than Ataru and sometimes Mendo… but Ataru with alien powers was really something to reckon with. Thinking quickly he dried off some sweat and said. “Now now Moroboshi-kun… I hear you had a grievous accident last week, surely you mustn’t exhaust yourself after such an ordeal. I’ll make sure to inform the other teachers that you might… ‘nod off’ during classes but it’s only because of the injury… right?”

Ataru brightened visibly and nodded in agreement while saying “Right!!!” in a loud voice. Minutes later he was snoring loudly…

-----

No sooner than the lunch break had started that Mendo had heard some of the girls gossip. Namely he’d heard the part about Ataru being on a date with Lum and moreover he’d heard that Lum and Ataru now lived together… alone… without parental supervision. This caused him to draw his sword and attack, and be foiled by Ataru’s perfected sword catching technique. “Moroboshi, you bastard… I can’t allow you to sleep under the same roof with the innocent Lum-san.”

This emotion was seconded by the ‘Lum StormTroopers’ who were approaching Ataru from behind, something that really didn’t even concern the man in question. Ataru just smiled his new fanged smile and said. “Ne… Mendo-kun, there’s one tiiny-weeny flaw in your planned attack method.” His smile turned predatory. “And it’s not the fact that you would try to slice me up… it never worked before, it sure as hell won’t work now.” There was a slight smell of ozone. “See the flaw in your plan is that… metal conducts electricity.”

There was a loud *ZAKZAKZAKZAKZAKZAAAAAAAAAK* followed by an awed noise from the rest of the class as Mendo Shuutaro was almost electrocuted to death. Without turning Ataru addressed Megane and his cronies. “And you guys… seriously I have no compunctions about hurting you unlike Lum so beat it…” He then turned and made a very good impression of an angry Oni, with bared teeth and a loud roar.”

-----

Later that night… Lum had sent Jariten to sleep with Ataru’s parents and was now making her specialty, this time the kitchen was fully equipped to make the treat and Ataru’s mouth was fully equipped to receive the said specialty. They had an audience though, what with the ‘Lum StormTroopers’, Mendo and pretty much everyone else watching them through the windows. Ran wasn’t there, she was still trying to make out ways to make Lum pay for breaking Rei’s heart… even though it really played her way, she was still determined to make Lum pay.

After dinner Lum kissed Ataru right in front of the audience causing most of them to get in and try to break up the pair, luckily the Oni built houses were completely soundproofed, burglar-proofed and so on. Then Lum started to give off small sparks of electricity in a very specific way that drove Ataru almost insane… so insane that he returned the sparks with several ‘Zaks’ of his own which resulted in Lum all but dragging him to the bedroom while ripping of their respective clothing.