Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Arisugawa's Locket ❯ Winter's Night Two ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Winter's Night, Part Two

Juri stood there, stunned by what she was feeling. Obviously, she wasn't as over Shiori as she had thought she was. She stood by the pantry door, and could feel something softly bump her leg. Probably Hyatt, doing her snake impersonation again.

Sidestepping Hyatt's prone body, a badly shaken Juri managed to get out, "Hello, Shiori. It's been a long time."

Shiori smiled up at Juri shyly, "I'm sorry I couldn't get here for the grand opening, Juri-sama. I really wanted to, but..."

Juri smiled back at her, "It's all right. I'm just glad you came." She gently took Shiori's arm, leading her over to the bar. A space there was instantly cleared for the two of them, and Minagi smiled sweetly at them both.

Her twin facial scars seemed to catch the dim overhead light as she cheerfully asked, "So what'll it be, ladies?"

"My regular, please," Juri said, and she smiled as Minagi poured her a glass of colored ginger ale from an exotic looking bottle. She had decided to avoid alcohol on the job, and right now she needed her thoughts to be clear around Shiori.

Shiori ordered her drink, and then she sat down on the nearest barstool. Juri gulped, watching the hem of Shiori's short dress draw up to reveal the tops of her stockings and the clips of her garters. She turned back to Juri with a smile, "This place in incredible," and gently put her hand on Juri's arm, "could you show me around?"

Something glinted on that hand, drawing Juri's gaze over. She froze, and then quickly excused herself, begging off the tour due to work. Then she all but fled the young lady. She made sure to avoid Shiori for the rest of the evening, keeping herself as busy as possible with the patrons and her other managerial duties. Every now and then, she'd look up, meeting Shiori's gaze from one of the tables, or the dance floor.

Shiori only caught up with her again near closing time. "Thank you for inviting me," Shiori said, blushing faintly. Her eyes met Juri's shyly, "I hope I'll get a better chance to see you next time I'm here."

"We'll see," Juri said softly, holding the door open for her as she left. She turned to return to the bar when she met May's angry glare.

"Juri-sama," May said, "why did you treat her that way?" She blushed, "It's obvious she really likes you."

Juri sighed softly, remembering again what she saw on Shiori's finger. "She was wearing a wedding ring," Juri said to May gently, "and there's absolutely no way I'm becoming involved with a married woman."

May blushed brighter, "I'm sorry, I didn't realize."

A soft clearing of the throat behind her got Juri's attention. Sakurada Natsuna smiled over at her, "Hey, Juri. I have a big favor to ask." The brown-hared police officer said uncomfortably, "Would it be all right if I brought my sister here tomorrow night?"

"Your sister?" Juri echoes, surprised.

Natsuna looked more uncomfortable, if that was possible. "She just had a big break-up," she said, and noticing May's curious look added, "of the straight variety. She wants to go out drinking, and at least here I can keep an eye on her."

Juri met the pleading woman's gaze and sighed softly. "All right, she can visit. But keep an eye on her, please," Juri said feelingly.

Things were as busy as ever the next day. The girls were kept jumping, but they all noticed the new arrival. The tall girl may have been wearing feminine clothing, but she was very obviously tough. Brown hair down her back, a well endowed body, and green eyes that were strikingly vivid in the bar's shadows.

Keiko noticed her heading towards where one of the new girls was sitting, so she casually made her way over. The long hared blond smiled up at the other girl with the familiarity of long time friends.

"Hey Makoto. How'd it go?" the blonde haired girl asked her quietly. Makoto smiled a bit mysteriously, and the other girl sighed. "You're not going to tell me, are you?"

"So Minako, is your new heart throb here tonight?" Makoto asked her teasingly.

The girl called Minako actually blushed a bit as she answered her "No, darn it." Makoto laughed softly at that. Deciding to stop ease dropping, Keiko casually made her way to where the two girls were sitting.

"Anything I can get you?" she asked them cheerfully. Makoto quickly ordered a glass of Coke, but the blonde seemed to be struck dumb.

Keiko followed her gaze to a familiar woman sitting at the bar, one of the semi-regulars. Sakurada Natsuna sat at the bar, talking with another woman to whom she bore a resemblance. Deciding to stay out of it, Keiko took Makoto's order and left.

Makoto touched Minako lightly on the shoulder to get her attention. "Are you all right?" Makoto asked Minako quietly.

Minako pointed them out. "Remember her?" she said softly. "Natsuna's a police officer, and she chased me back when I was Sailor V."

"Wasn't she interested in you?" Makoto asked quietly. Minako just nodded softly. "Do you want me to keep you out of sight?"

"No, I can't hide in a corner forever." Minako said smiling. "See you later, Makoto" she finished, as she got up and began to walk over to the bar.

Ryouko served up the drinks, trying not to listen to the family feud going on at the bar. A clearly exasperated Natsuna finally said, "I'm sorry about your breakup, but getting drunk won't help. Let me take you home."

Haruna shook off her younger sister's grasp and stalked off into the crowd, and Ryouko made a mental note to be carefully how much she served her. She raised her eyebrows, and smiled slightly as the pretty blonde waited for Natsuna to notice her. Ryouko cleared her throat, pointing subtlety. Natsuna turned and saw her, her jaw dropped, then her face lit up with a smile.

"Hello, Natsuna," the little blonde said shyly.

"Minako," Natsuna said, and you could hear her happiness in her voice. Minagi drifted over to listen as Natsuna moved to hug the younger woman, but stopped herself. "How have you been?" she instead asked with a smile.

"I'm great," Minako answered. She looked at the brown hared, handsome woman and found her smile widening, a slight giggle escaping her lips.

"What's so funny?" Natsuna asked.

"Sorry," Minako said. "I was just thinking what a fool I was, back in my Sailor V days," she said quietly. "I wish I had let you catch me then," she admitted.

"Is it too late to catch you now?" Natsuna asked her with a charming smile. Minako looked at her with surprise.

"Do you still want to?" Minako asked shyly.

Natsuna smiled. "Yes, please. Unless someone has already caught you?" she asked.

"I'm free as a bird." Minako answered her, smiling.

Minagi and Ryouko exchanged a knowing grin. Softly, Ryouko said, "Bet you they end up going home together."

"Sorry, that's way too obvious," Minagi chuckled softly in reply. She looked at the two of them, staring dreamily into each other's eyes, "They're certainly cute together."

Excel had to fight the urge to laugh about what was happening on the dance floor. Poor Makoto had been dancing with young ladies half the night, but there was still a crowd of women waiting for a turn with her. Just then, Haruka cut in to take Makoto's current dance partner, while Michiru gracefully settled into Makoto's arms.

"I never knew you could dance this well, Makoto" Michiru commented with a smile. "Sorry about the mob, but once the femmes discover a new butch who can dance, well..." she trailed off and shrugged, smiling.

Makoto blushed a bit, "I don't know if I'd call myself butch." Michiru didn't comment, just smiled up at her mysteriously.

Excel took her break, and walked up to a resting Hyatt. "May I have this dance?' Excel asked her gentlemanly.

Hyatt's pale face seemed to light up as she gazed at Excel, softly answering "I'd love to." Hyatt settled into Excel's arms, slow dancing together. They passed Makoto, who smiled at the two of them wryly.

"Sorry, may I cut in?" they heard a shy voice ask Makoto. A shorter woman looked up at Makoto pleadingly. Makoto shrugged at Michiru and gently took the other woman's hand. "Thank you," Haruna said in a relieved whisper, "I'm Haruna."

They danced together awkwardly at first, until Haruna relaxed a bit. Makoto looked at her questioningly, and the slightly drunk Haruna giggled a bit. She pointed with her little finger, towards an overweight, T-shirt and jeans clad woman who was putting the moves on another girl. "She was trying to pick me up, until I told her I had a date. Then she asked me who, and I looked around and saw you. Sorry," she said again.

Makoto laughed softly, "It's no problem. You see, rescuing damsels in distress is a specialty of mine."

Haruna laughed, smiling up at Makoto. Excel sighed a bit in disappointment when they left the dance floor together, they were awfully entertaining. Then Hyatt collapsed into a boneless heap, and Excel had other things to worry about.

They two sat together at a table and talked for much of the evening. An odd couple, the older woman and younger, but they seemed to fit together well. Makoto drank very sparingly, but Haruna eventually got blotto, which created a new problem: how to get her home.

Juri walked by, noticing the drunken older woman and the younger one trying to take care of her. "Anything I can do to help?" she offered.

Makoto pushed her hair out of her eyes, "Could you call us a cab?" Haruna looked up at the two of them cheerfully, and Juri was struck by how familiar she looked.

"It shouldn't be a problem," Juri said thoughtfully, trying to place where she had seen the drunken lady before. "What's her name?" she finally asked.

The drunken lady said cheerfully, "Sakurada Haruna."

"She's Natsuna's sister," Juri said wearily. " 'I'll keep an eye on her,' she said," and Juri shook her head back and forth.

Before Makoto could think of what to say, Juri whirled around to see about getting the cab. Haruna and Makoto quietly watched her go, before sitting back down.

"Gee, she's crabby," Haruna commented, and was struck with a fit of giggles.



The Staff: The bar's owner is Arisugawa Juri, from Revolutionary Girl Utena. Minagi, Ryouko and Sasami are from the series Tenchi Muyo. Keiko is also from Utena. Cyberdoll May is from Hand Maid May. Excel and Hyatt are from Excel Saga. Hitomi is from Escaflowne, the movie. And finally, Tendo Nabiki is from Ranma 1/2.

Our Cast This Episode: Makoto, Haruka, Michiru, Minako, Haruna and Natsuna Sakurada are from Sailor Moon, and finally Shiori is from Revolutionary Girl Utena.

Parts of this episode , in a somewhat different form, have appeared previously in: Sailor Moon:Love and Lightning.