Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Arisugawa's Locket ❯ Sword Play ( Chapter 22 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sword Play

Juri raised the weapon that Ryouko and Minagi had given her, taking a moment to focus her concentration. The blade ignited, a length of orange light that flickered in the near darkness.

Ryouko grinned at her ferally, her own blade glowing scarlet, and she leapt. Juri met her in the air, the blades flashing as they danced across the floor. Back and forth they moved, ducking and twisting as there blades crackled together.

Juri fell back, and Ryouko's blade lay gently along her neck. "Do you give up?" Ryouko asked with a grin.

"Look down," Juri simply replied.

Ryouko did, and noticed that Juri's blade was now pointed directly above her heart. If she cut, Juri would likely thrust automatically . "Not bad," Ryouko slowly smiled, pulling her sword back even as Juri did.

Ayeka ran over to Ryouko's side even as she sighed, "I wish you two would practice with wooden swords, or something."

"Where's the thrill in that?" Ryouko slid an arm around Ayeka's shoulders.

Ayeka rolled her eyes, and Juri had to smile. More seriously, "I'm sorry Princess, but there's only one real way to tell how good you are, and that's by going all out."

"You were good with a regular sword before," Minagi smiled at her, "but with that thing you're deadly."

"I still have a ways to go," Juri corrected her with a smile, "but thanks for the compliment." She slid the hilt into her leather coat before taking it off, carrying it over to drape on a chair. "We'd better put the tables back before anybody comes," she said.

"Too late," a smiling Keiko said, looking around at the mess.

Keiko was dressed in a simple white shirt and a pair of dark slacks, looking quite boyishly handsome with her long brown hair in a braid down her back. Ever since Juri had given her a tailored suit at Christmas she had been dressing that way, and getting quite a few interested looks from the available ladies.

"Playing with your swords again?" Keiko asked them archly.

Juri groaned softly. "That is so bad," she muttered.

Keiko grinned even as she chipped in to help put the tables back. "So what's this I hear about you having dinner with Setsuna?" she asked.

Ayeka, Ryouko, and Minagi all looked quite interested at that. Juri rolled her eyes as she dryly replied, "I had dinner with Setsuna, Haruka, Michiru and Hotaru, too."

"Darn," Ryouko smiled.

"So how are things going with you and May?" Juri asked, hauling a table over and setting it down carefully.

Keiko blushed redly, and nearly dropped the two chairs she was carrying. "You noticed?" she squeaked out.

"Since before the Halloween party," Minagi smiled. Keiko looked over at the other three, who all nodded gravely.

Keiko looked down shyly, "We're dating."

"And?" Ryouko smiled, "Details, we want details!"

Juri chuckled, "If she doesn't want to talk about it, leave her alone."

"Thank you, Juri-sama," Keiko smiled at her gratefully.

"But then she must pay the penalty!" Excel popped up to loudly declare, before stuffing ice-cubes down the back of Keiko's shirt.

"Yeow!" Keiko scrambled about, trying to get the ice cubes out.

"Have you considered Prozac, maybe?" Ayeka asked Excel conversationally as Keiko ran by in the background.

"Nah," Excel smiled kawaiily.



"Are you sure you want to do this?" one voice asked.

"Yes," the quiet answer. A pause, "If you want, I can swipe the card, and give you a more human appearance."

"No, if you're sure, lets go in just the way we are," the other voice agreed.

Bones frowned slightly, wondering at the conversation she had heard. The two stepped around the corner, and her eyes widened in surprise.

Now, since starting work as a bouncer at the Locket, Bones had seen quite a lot of strange stuff. Devils, a few vampires, goddesses, hordes of space aliens and more had all passed her on their way in. But this was the first time she had seen a six foot tall fox-woman.

Renamon smiled at the dark hared woman, "Good evening." The golden furred fox passed over the card the odd girl Hitomi had given them.

"Welcome," Bones smiled, nodding to her and the red-headed young woman beside her.

Rika led the way down the hallway, "It looks like you'll be getting all the attention."

"I'm used to it," Renamon sighed.

"Welcome to the Locket," Hitomi beamed at them, "it's good to see you again!"

"Thank you for the invitation," Rika smiled.

Renamon hesitated, then she just had to ask Hitomi, "How did you get to the Digital Realm to deliver it, anyway?"

Hitomi shrugged, "Just lucky, I guess."

Both Rika and Renamon sweatdropped at that.

"Wow," Rika murmured, looking around her. Her eyes lit up when she saw the karaoke stage, "Let's try it!"

"What?" Renamon sounded honestly confused.

"You've never tried karaoke?" Rika blinked at her in surprise.

"No," Renamon admitted.

"Well. maybe later," Rika smiled, and led Renamon over to the bar.

Ryouko smiled at them both, "Well, well, I haven't seen a Digimon in here before. What can I get you folks?"

"Sake, please," Renamon said with a great deal of dignity.

"I'm glad you didn't call her a kitsune," Rika blinked with surprise.

"I'm met kitsune before," Ryouko shrugged. "What would you like?"

"Rum and coke," Rika smiled. More quietly to Renamon, "There are real kitsune?"

"Apparently," Renamon replied.

"Hello," a friendly voice said, "welcome to Arisugawa's Locket." Both Rika and Renamon quickly turned to see a woman who was almost as tall as Renamon herself, her orange hair flowing down her back.

Rika bowed a bit, "Hello, I'm Rika, and this is Renamon."

"Juri," she smiled at them, "it's nice to have you here. If there's anything you need, just mention it, and I'll try to help." She looked up and frowned, "Excuse me." With that, she got up and headed off into the crowd. "Filla, Naga, if you want to fight over Lina, take to outside!" she was soon heard to yell.

"Interesting place," Renamon smiled, "I think I like it."

Rika and Renamon took their drinks over to a empty table, settling down to watch the crowds go by. A few moments later, and a young woman dressed in a crisp maids outfit appeared carrying a note pad.

"Would you like to order dinner?" May asked cheerfully. She ran through the list of dishes available tonight, and then casually mentioned, "Several rooms are also still available for a few hours or the night."

Renamon looked confused for a moment, then she blushed, realizing what the rooms were probably for. Rika took over ordering the food, smiling over at Renamon sympathetically. They ate the delicious foods happily, then got up to dance for a bit.

Finally, Rika decided that it was karaoke time. She ran through the song collection, and began to quietly laugh when she found the perfect one. She set it up, and then pulled a reluctant Renamon up on stage.

"We two are one," by the Erythmics, started up.

The Staff: The bar's owner is Arisugawa Juri, from Revolutionary Girl Utena. Minagi and Ryouko are from the series Tenchi Muyo. Keiko is also from Utena. Cyberdoll May is from Hand Maid May. Excel is from Excel Saga. Hitomi is from Escaflowne, the movie. And finally Bones is from www.coolcatstudio.com.

Our Cast This Episode: Rika and Renamon are both from Digimon Tamers (Digimon Series Three). This also ties in with my Digimon fic, Reunited: A Tale of Rika and Renamon.