Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ .::Deadly Desires::. ❯ Fatal Vision ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1 ~ Fatal Vision

************************

************************* ***************************** *-FLASH-* "Help me!!!.. PLEASE!!" [galloping of horses.. an increasing sound] "No.. stay away.please don't hurt me!!! [galloping continues.. as the enemy draws nearer]

"No - err.Mu.mu la-dy...errrRRRUN!!!..Run MY LADY!.Arrg!!"

"I beg of you.WAIT!!!!!! I mean you no harm!!!!!!!"

"DON'T HARM HER!!!!" a young warrior pleads.

[but he arrives...] "Y'AAAAHH!!!"

"Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!" *sLiCe!* [.it is done.]

"NOOOOOOO!!!!" *-End Vision-*

*~**~*~*

"GASP!!..*takes deep breaths*..sigh.it.it was just.. a nightmare!" Hitomi sat up in her

bed, sweating from head to toe. "At least.I hope it was. If that was a vision then someone

is in terrible danger.*~

************************************************

Meanwhile.

Meanwhile, back in Gaea in the village of Finalia, a young prince Deals with the everyday hassles of his people which Come with the responsibility of his courtship...

"NEXT!"

"B.But mu lord, surely you can understa."

".I said NEXT!!" repeated the young agitated prince.

"Forgiveness my lord, as you wish," replied the old man with a bow. He then scurried on out of his sight.

"Sigh" the prince put his hand on his face, closed his eyes, and stressfully shook his head in disbelief. "Some of these requests are just ridiculous!" he whispered to himself.

Making their way in next was a man in his mid forties, who wore the finest clothing you'd ever see fit for any villager.

"G'day mu young prince!" he welcomed with a bow.

"G'day indeed." he replied. "Now, what troubles have you come bearing before me at this hour?"

"*Ahem*..well, T'is a gathering I be attending and I have not the slightest idea of how I should be clothed. I come requesting your guidance oh wise one." he explained.

"......-_~;?...you.must be joking.your fooling with me, right?.Aha!..You must be DILLUSIONAL!!!"

"..huh? *_*; ??"

"What makes you think that I'd even BEGIN to consider wasting my time on something so.so PETTY!!" he argued.

"Well I..I.."

"Errrrr..juss..juss GET OUT!!" yelled the prince.

"Gulp!!..uh."

"MOVE! Now!.That's an ORDER!! Leave me at once!!"

"Eeep!! Uh..yes my lord, and me greatest apologies, of course!!" he said letting out a disappointed huff with one final bow, and then stormed on out of there.

"GrrrrrrrDOBBS!!!!"

*SLAM!* The door flew opened. "Y'AAAH..C-Coming! Sire!!" Just then a little man about the age of fifty dressed in fine servants clothing came running out. "You called, sire?"

"Yes." The young prince then leaned back in his chair, rested his head on his hand with closed eyes, and let out a deep sigh of relief. "Look, I'm sorry I yelled." The servant then looked at his master in a concerned way.

"Are you all right, my lord?" He moved closer to the young prince. "You know...keeping things bottled up inside is a very unhealthy way for a young prince to begin his new journey into kingship.so if there's something on your mind."

"No it's nothing like that.it's just that.sigh"

"...?..it's just, what?" he urged.

"err..I."

"..yes?.well, spit it out already!" exclaimed the servant.

" Hmph.^_~;" the prince gave a gentle smile. [To be honest..I don't even know what it is myself.] he thought to himself. "Just forget it Dobson, I've said too much already.it's nothing to of anyone's concern." he replied.

"Hm..I must disagree sire..it seemed to have troubled you some."

"It's nothing." he said again.

"Whatever you say, sire."

"Thank you for being concerned Dobson, but that is not why I called you here." The prince sat up. "Has there been anymore word on how the Escaflowne is coming along? he asked.

"As a matter of fact, there."

"*SLAM!* LORD VAAAAN!!!! HELP!!!" Just then a little girl, half human, half feline came running through the door.

".Merle?"

"I THOUGT I LOCKED THAT DOOR!!" yelled Dobson.

"You did! ^_^" answered the girl.

"Lord Van has requested that he not be disturbed!!" he said glaring at the guards who trailed in behind her.

"We don't know how she got in!!" they replied.

"My apologies Lord Van!..she shall be dealt with immediately?.*snap*...you there!...get this intruder out of."

"At ease!" commanded Van. "It's alright Dobson..I'll make an exception for this one." Van picked up his furry friend and placed her on his lap where she grabbed a hold of his neck, hugging him as if she'd never let go. However, Dobson was still having trouble comprehending the situation.

"B-but she broke through the palace walls!..S-She.intruded on royal ground..surely you."

"Look! I'm not asking for you to understand... but as my right hand man, I AM asking that you obey orders Dobbs.is that clear?" he asked in a stern tone.

".quite." he replied with a frown. Dobson looked around at the puzzled guards.

"Well... shouldn't you guards be guarding something!! Hop to it!!"

"G'ahyayes sir!" said the head soldier. Then they were on their way.

The girl then loosened her grip on Van and wiped the tears from her face, allowing her eyes to meet his. "*sniffle* Oh Lord Van, I thought they'd never leave! I missed you so much! I haven't seen you in ages!" she choked.

"Huh?" Dobson was now confused.

"I missed you too Merle." He said with gentle eyes. "I'm sorry I've been so busy. but you should know that I always have time for you. ^_-" he winked.

"Ahe..he!" she gave a gentle smile. Dobson then spoke up.

"Uh..if you don't mind me asking sire.what exactly is going on here?"

"It's nothing to be alarmed about Dobson, Merle is just a good friend of mine, that's all. We've been together ever since we were children." he responded.

"Gasp! Ah, yes! I do remember! Why..you're mother would speak of her often..but back in those days I was nothing but a low-class servant on my part..my yes how times have changed, but what lovely days they were I do say." "My.my mother?" stuttered Van in a low voice.

"Gasp!" Merle face turned into a worried reaction.

"Oh dear.I do apologize sire..I know this is a delicate topic that you'd rather not hear spoken of. My deepest apologies my lord and you have my wor."

"No..no it's alright. I'm fine. I think it's wonderful that you knew her.I..I just wish." Van stopped. Merle gave a concerned look.

"Say no more, I understand. And I'm very sorry." commented Dobson.

".me too." All was quiet for a while.

"*Ahem*.well, that's totally irrelevant right now! We musn't dwell on the past..but instead look on to the future! What's done is done." continued Van.

"Your right Lord Van!"

"But, of course, sire." However, both Merle and Dobson couldn't help but notice the pain that was still left in Van's eyes.*~

Just then.

*-FLASH-* "Help me!!!.. PLEASE!!"

"DON'T HARM HER!!!!"

"Y'AAAAHH!!!"

"Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!" *sLiCe!*

"NOOOOOOO!!!!" *-End Vision-*

"Aaag!" Van was now holding his head. [Not again.] he thought.

"GASP! LORD VAN!"

"SIRE! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" Merle grabbed one of Van's hands and Dobson rushed to his side. However Van did not even make note of their existence. Instead, he continued to recall the vision to himself.

[..it was much faster than the first few times.but the faces continue to be blurry. as well as the sound!]...

"LORD VAN!! Snap out of it!!!" Merle yelled again. He continued to ignore them.

[Grr.but what does it MEAN!!].

"LORD VAN!!!!!!!!!!"

"Gasp! Huh?" he finally came back in to reality.

"Should I call the doctor, my young prince?"

"Huh?..no! No Dobson..I'm fine, it's just.it's just that I'm stressed out from all those villager conferences. I'll be okay." replied Van.

"Are you sure Lord Van?" asked a concerned Merle once more. "You looked like you were in pain!"

"No, I'll be alright, but I'm sorry to have made you worry." he answered. "Dobson?"

"Yes sire?"

"Cancel all other scheduled appointments I had with the villagers today," he stood up.. "I'm going to get some shut eye. " he then began walking to the door. "I'll be in my quarters if you need me.you coming Merle?"

"Gasp! Yah!" she followed behind him.

"Yes sire..and a wise decision of course I might add. However.since you will no longer be meeting with the people of Finalia today..I think there's something I'd better bring to your attention," he replied. Van stopped dead in his tracks. He turned his head back to Dobson's attention.

"Really?..Like what?"

"Is it big!?" added Merle.

".quite."

---~*End*~---