Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ .::Deadly Desires::. ❯ Return To Gaea ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: Return To Gaea

*****************************************************

A/N: Now, I hope the first chapter was good and got you thinking. I'd like to thank all who reviewed "Fatal Vision". all two of 'em! (lol). But seriously thanks. now here's chappie two, and I hope all who reads it enjoys it. r&r and tell me what ya think! ??^=^

************************

At school. . .

"You've gotta be kiddin' me!!" exclaimed 17 year old Hitomi Kanzaki.

"Nope! I'm dead serious!" answered her best friend Yukari. "We were talkin' to each other right before the end of class!"

"Hooohhh. . ." -_- Hitomi moaned.

"Well, look at it this way Hitomi, he's the first guy to like you ever since Amano left. If I were you, I'd be thrilled to have another chance at true love!"

Hitomi stared at her friend blankly.

"True love?" -_-. she repeated. "Come on 'Kar, I barely know the guy!"

"That's not to say he isn't the one!" Yukari pursued. "Oh c'mon Hitomi, live a little! It's obvious that you've been totally heart-broken by Amano's departure, because ever since he left, you haven't even LOOKED at another guy! It's as if they aren't worthy or something!" ^_~ she joked.

"No, Yukari, you've got it all wrong!" Hitomi replied.

"Seems pretty right to me! You mind explaining?"

"Sigh, look, I already told you that my heart belongs to someone else. but I've ALSO told you that it isn't Amano. I wasn't in love with him, it was just a crush." she confessed.

"Well, this is new!" said Yukari in a surprised tone. So, you were never in love with Amano, huh? Could've fooled me. Alright. That's fine. Then could you do me a favour and stop beating around the bush and just tell me who this mystery guy is?!" she excalimed. "Why is it that up to now I haven't seem him, Hitomi!?"

". . . I, already told you. . ."

". . .NO! You haven't! All you've ever managed to say was that he wasn't Amano and that he won your heart. This has been going on for just over two years now and up until this very day, I haven't the slightest clue of just who he might be!" Yukari argued. "A name would be nice!"

"Gasp!. Yu-kari, I. I. erm." Hitomi was at a loss for words. "I'm sorry. I can't."

". . .Hitomi. I'm worried about you. The relationship that I'm sensing between the two of you doesn't seem very healthy. Look, as your friend, I'm telling you that I think it wise for you to get out of it now. if something or someONE is hurting you, then. . ."

". . . You just DON'T understand, do you Yukari! You couldn't POSSIBLY!! Whatta you know!!" Hitomi yelled.

"Gasp! Hi-Hitomi I. . ."

". . .Don't you think I WANT to tell you everthing!? Every pain, every thought, every VISION!! I-I just CAN'T!! I. . ."

". . .Vision?. Hitomi!!. Okay just, just calm - down! We'll work this out together... just tell me what is going o."

". . .Look, I.GASP!. . ."

*-FLASH-* Help me!!. PLEASE!!!"

"DON'T HARM HER!!!"

"Y'AAAAHH!!!"

"NOOOOOOO!!!!" *-End Vision-*

"NO!! Go Away! Stay AWAY!!" she screamed. She crouched down in pain.

"HITOMI?. YOU'RE SCARING ME!! PLEASE TELL ME! LET ME HELP YOU!!" yelled Yukari frantically.

"GASP!. . ."

*-FLASH-* [very-blurry: a young boy slowly turns around to face her]

". . .Hi-tomi." [he whispers] *-End Vision-*

"V. V-Van?" Hitomi slowly uncurls herself to stand up straight and begins to wipe the tears from her eyes. "I. understand."

"You understand?? UNDERSTAND WHAT!!?? Who is Van?" asked a very confused and concerned Yukari. "HITOMI. is that the guy? Is this VAN the same guy?. LOOK AT ME!!!!."

". . .I have to go back." she whispered.

"WHERE!??! GO WHERE!!. HAS HE DONE SOMETHING TO YOU. THREATENED YOU!!??. HITOMI! PLEASE ANSWR ME!!"

She looked up at her friend. ". . .I'm sorry."

". . .WHAT?!!? SORRY??!!" Hitomi turned to run off when Yukari grabbed a hold of her hand.

"Err..l-let me. GO!. err!" Hitomi struggled to break loose.

"Oooohh no! You are coming with ME! We are going to see the school guidance counselor. I'm worried about you, Hitomi!!"

"LET-ME-GO!! AAAaaagg!!!" Hitomi pulled her friend halfway across the floor. "Yaah!!"

"OOF!" she fell flat on her back. "Ow!.. Hitomiiiiii!!!" she yelled after her friend. But she was already long gone.

["I'm sorry, my friend,"] she thought to herself as she wiped a tear, but she continued to run.

************************

Back in Finalia. . .

"You have got to be joking!!" exclaimed Van.

"I'm afraid not sire, I'm quite serious!" answered Dobson. "As you know I'm not one to tell tales, and this one in particular is no laughing matter!"

"B-but whatta ya mean they find me. irresponsible!! I've lived up to all my rightful duties as prince!" continued Van.

"Yeah! Lord Van is the best prince ever!" Merle encouraged.

"Personally, I do agree, of course, but unfortunately sire I can not speak for the people of Finalia!"

"Shh..well THAT's just great!" he responded. "Here I am trying to give them all that they need and then some, things that not even a young prince like myself was fortunate enough to gain when I was a little boy, and all they have to say in return, is that I'm irresponsible!? Heh. figures."

"W-well in all honesty sire, a good lot of them believe that what you have just stated is in fact the problem." explained Dobson.

"What!?!" o.o;

"Indeed. They believe that your lack of conserving wealth comes with the lack of mature knowledge and understanding that a young boy like yourself possesses. Rather biased really."

". . .What!!??!!" o.0;;;"

". . .After-all, you are the first known royal in history to enter kingship before the age of twenty-five. . ."

". . .Point being. . ."

". . .which brings me to another report. This one, unfortunately. I doubt you will easily accept. to say the very least." ended Dobson.

"Gulp! ._." Merle was getting all worked up herself.

"Oh boy, I can't wait to hear this one," answered Van in a sarcastic fashion. Just then Dobson opened out a scroll that he held in his left hand. He began to read aloud, it read:

"To the future king of Finalia,

by order of the chief council of royal authorities;

we hearby for-rule that ye be-wed Princess Reigomé IV

and that such an honoury day be announced to the people

prior to the date of crowning. . ."

"What!? Why haven't I heard word of this before?!" he interrupted.

"M-marriage!!!" *.* repeated Merle.

"Wait," contined Dobson. "There's more.

"Should ye refuse to follow through with the will

of the council, then ye shall be stripped of thy

throne never to fulfill thy duty as rightfully

being fit as ruler of Finalia - again."

"Gasp! Oh no!! That only gives you less than two weeks lord Van!" exclaimed Merle.

"Err. where is the justice in that!!" argued Van. This was not discussed with me, I am the prince aren't I!! I have a right to know these things!! Don't I?"

"Well. . ." started Dobson.

"No Dobbs!!" interrupted Van. "This isn't fair! Who gives them the right OR the power for that matter to justify their actions when. . ."

". . .That's just it sire, they DO have the right, AND the power." interrupted Dobson.

"WHAT!!" yelled Van.

"What do you MEAN!?" contributed Merle.

"Sigh, sire. the chief royals have always had the authority over Finalia, it's been like that for generations." interrupted Dobson. "They've long since discussed the possibilities of you refusing to accept this offer and let me say that they are quite prepared to take action, AND not to mention quite prepared to have Finalia deal with the consequences!"

"But that doesn't make it right!!" protested Van. "If they think for one minute that I will willfully give myself to someone that I've never even met... then they are sadly mistaken!"

"You tell 'em Van!! ^-^" said a very happy Merle.

"Gasp! Sire! Do you then realize the amount of jeopardy that you have placed yourself in? Why, by refusing to wed the princess you are simply.

". . .By refusing, I've shown great leadership, and a mind that thinks for itself! Something that this village lacks in numbers!!" he interrupted.

"Sigh. by refusing, you are simply delaying the inevitable! By which means. they WILL replace you my lord, and once they have, not only will you be jeopardizing your own title as king of Finalia, but the people as well. for without you, they - have - NOTHING!" he finished.

"Gasp!" Van understood.

"Hey! Don't try to brainwash lord Van, he knows what he's doing! Right lord Van?" ^_= winked Merle.

". . ." Van kept very quiet. his head hung low.

"Uh. lord Van?"

He clenched his fists together. . .

"lord Van! Are you okay!!"

". . .he's right."

*********************************

"Vaaaaaaaan!!!" Hitomi was panting wildly as she ran through the woods, ran to no where in particular. she just - ran. "I'm coming!" Just then. . .

"WHHooooosssssshhhhhhh!!!!!" Hitomi stopped dead in her tracks. Before her appeared a woman in a long white gown with large wings. She had long black flowing hair, she gave a gentle face.

"I. I know you." started Hitomi. "You're. . ."

". . .Shh. . ." she silenced her. Then she put her hand on her head and something happened.

*-FLASH-* [It was the vision, but in clear. everything was clear and concise. it was almost frightening. Hitomi nearly collapsed] *-End Vision-*

"Everything..I understand everything..it's all so clear now!! Yet. . ."

". . .Yes, my dear. . .I know." answered the woman.

". . .yet, so horrible. I have to fix it! I have to make it right!! I won't let anyone get hurt. especially not. . ."

". . .I understand." she finished.

"Why yes. You of all people should, how can I help?" asked Hitomi. "Please, you must tell me."

"Oh dear child, it isn't the time nor the place for you to know. that is why you shan't." she replied.

"What's that suppose to mean!! I already saw what's going to happen. I-I just can't make believe that I didn't!!"

"Everything happens for a reason child, T'is your destiny to be returned to Gaea where ye can help change things for the better, however, you mustn't be told of what is to occur, otherwise fate can no longer take it's toll."

". . .what are you saying?" asked Hitomi.

"You shall go to Finalia with no memory of what you just saw, there you must live each day with only a vague recollection of the vision which can change the future." she explained.

"But why!?. Please, if I'm going to forget you can at least tell me why!" begged Hitomi.

"Some things are not meant to be told," she replied. "It is time."

"Huh?. wait!"

"WHHoooooosssssshhhh!!" but she was already gone.

**********************

Hitomi found herself awakening from the grassy ground. . .

"Ugh. where am I?" she wondered. Just then she turned around to meet someone sitting on a old tree shrub before her. "Gasp! It can't be!"

"H-Hitomi?"

--End--