Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ .::Deadly Desires::. ❯ ...My Lady! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: ok, so Hitomi is finally in Gaea, but now Van is to wed some chick that he's never even met?. hmm. well, that sucks? ¬_¬; But it's all a part of dee plan! ^_^. There's some old shakespearean language in this chap, 'specially by Reigomé, it goes back and forth between that and our language but that's because she comes from another part of Gaea. Warning. warning. chapter long! ^-^ Here's chappie 3 .My Lady. enjoy.

*******************************

Chapter 3 - .My Lady!

"H-Hitomi?"

Hitomi slowly put a smile on her face, for it was none other than her good friend.

"ALLEN!!" ^_^ She ran towards him and threw herself into his arms. (She always did have a soft spot for that Schezar. ¬_¬' )

"Aha ha ha!!" Allen picked her up, twirled her around, and laughed in a merry way. "Well, if it isn't the girl from the mystic moon herself!" he joked. "Tell me something, how is it that you always manage to find your way back to the people that love you the most?"

Hitomi blushed. ^.^'' Then she acknowledged Allen's question. "Actually, now that you mention it. I have no idea how I got here!"

Hm hm ^_^ . well then," he started. "I guess it makes it no different then the first time, now, does it?"

"I guess not ^-^" she replied. She then turned to a corner and slowly started walking towards it, then she stopped. " Oh Allen," she started. "I can't believe I'm back in Gaea!! I mean... all I remember was that I was upset about something. I was talking to my friend, when I started running..and then I.a-and then. . ."

*Hitomi Vision Recap* "You just DON'T Understand!!!". "Who is this guy HITOMI!!??. ". . .I'm sorry - I can't.". "HITOMIIIIIIIIIIII MI.MI!!!" *End Recap*

"Hitomi, are you alright?" asked Allen.

[. . .I just can't remember.] she thought.

"Hitomi?" Allen asked again.

"Huh?" she snapped out of it. "Oh, I'm fine Allen," Hitomi began to look around. "I can't believe it's been two years." She eyed Gaea as if it was her first time. "it looks as though so much has changed since I left."

".And so it has." he answered in a more serious tone. "But I assure you, it was for the better," he said with a gentle smile.

Hitomi smiled in return. "That's great Allen. I remember the last time I was here. it was in some pretty bad shape!"

"Well, that's a nice way of putting it!"

"Aha!" Hitomi laughed. "You're right! It was horrible, Finalia was practically dead!"

"But now she lives." replied Allen. "Thanks to our young prince of course, hm.what was his name again?" Allen joked. "Van, was it?"

". . .V-Van?" Hitomi said the word in a soothing manner recalling her long lost friend.

"And if I'm not mistaken. you were quite fond of this young fellow - were you not?" he smiled.

". . .Van." she said again in a lower tone. "Hm." ^_^ she smiled. "Van Fanel. I could never forget him." she answered.

"Of course not," said Allen in a more serious tone. He moved closer to Hitomi and put his hand on her shoulder. "From the day you two had spent your final hours together, I could see in your eyes. that you never would." he admitted.

Hitomi gave a small grin as she recalled the day that she had left him and returned home. "Allen?" she looked up at him, "if.if it isn't too much trouble. . ."

". . .Say no more, little one," he started. "I would be more than happy to take you to him. He will be happy to see you, Hitomi. That. I know."

". . .Oh Allen," she held back tears. ". . .thank you."

**********************************

Back in the royal castle, a young prince sits alone in his room meditating on the decision that he has resting on his shoulders, the choice still remains too much for him to bear. The choice of whether to follow orders, or to follow. his heart.

"Knock, knock, knock. creeeaaaaaak." Merle slowly opened the door to Van's room. She peaked in through the crack "lord Van?. can I come in?" she whispered.

Van didn't answer. His head was buried in his legs.

Merle made her way in. "lord Van, are you okay?" asked the young girl in a small tone.

Van slowly lifted his head up and gazed at nothing. "Merle," he started.

"Gasp!" she was surprised to see she had gotten his attention. "What is it? Do you need something? I can get you anything you want! Somethin' to eat, a new robe maybe, you name it! Just tell. . .

"Actually," he interrupted. "I'd just like to be left alone right now, if that's okay."

Merle was left shocked. He had never told her to leave before. "B-but. it's not good to be alone in times of trouble, that's what you always say, and besides, you told me that you always have time for. . ."

". . .Merle, PLEASE!" he raised his voice slightly. "I just need some time to think! Can you please just. just GO!?"

Her eyes became very watery as she fought back tears. "Alright lord Van." She answered very shakily. "*sniff* W-whatever you say." She gave a fake grin and then quickly made her way out in tears.

"U-uh. . ." Van choked at his words as he realized that he had taken his anger out on on the wrong person - he felt very guilty. "MERLE! WAIT!!" he yelled. But she was long gone. "Sigh. I'm sorry Merle." he whispered to himself. He arose from his bed and made his way to the door, but he was stopped by Dobson.

"And just where are you headed off to, sire?"

"To find Merle, now if you'll excuse me. . ."

".Uh, I'm afraid I can't allow you to leave, not yet anyway." he interrupted.

"Huh? What do you mean you can't ALLOW me?!" exclaimed Van.

"I'm sorry sire, but I have just heard word that you will be expecting a visit from the princess before the end of the hour! So if you don't have a decision by then. I'm afraid. . ."

". . .BEFORE THE END OF THE HOUR!!!!" Van yelled. "That's insane! I haven't even made up my mind of what I'm going to do yet!"

"Well whatever it is. I advise you decide fast, because the royal chief council frowns upon tardiness in any situation." warned Dobbs.

"Thanks for the tip.sigh, but I think I can manage."

"Are you sure, my lord."

"Yes, I'm sure." he replied.

"Excellent. We shall be dining in the royal hall to discuss the situation, be on time and please my young prince, dress appropriately this time!" he told Van.

Van smiled and rolled his eyes. "Oh come on that happened once? And what's wrong with a red shirt and black pants anyway?. I thought you guys said I could be myself!"

"Hm." Dobson frowned.

"Uh, it was a joke? You know.ha, ha?. get it?"

"Hm - yes, a joke. but of course." he answered in a lame sort of fashion, and then he left.

******************************

Then it was dinnertime.

Then it was dinner time, and all that had not yet arrived. was Princess Reigomé.

Just then a servant who stood at the halls entrance blew into his horn and introduced their guest who had just arrived outside their doors.

"Here ye! Here ye! Thy princess has arrived!" he along with another servant then opened the two doors which the princess stood behind. When the doors opened, three servants walked in one at a time, followed by a young man no older than the age of 25 wearing finer clothing - who could be easily assumed as her right-hand man, and finally. princess Reigomé herself.

She wore a long, silk, violet and white sleeveless gown with frills on the end. She had cherry red, chest-length hair that was braided back to the sides to keep it from swaying in her face. Her eyes were a beautiful shade of gray, and her face was as clear as day. A top her head was a tiara that glistened as far as the eye can see. She walked until she was face to face with Van who she seemed to be attracted to right away! Van sat at the head of the table where Dobson (his right hand man) stood at his side. When she neared closer to him, he stood up to meet her.

She curtsied before Van. "Prince Van, it is a pleasure to finally meet you." she said in a polite manner.

Van took her hand and kissed it with a bow. (which was the customary thing to do). "The pleasure is all mine." he replied.

"Ahe he!" ^-^ the princess giggled. "My, what a great gentleman thou hath become," she flirted.

"A-heh. . ." *_* Van blushed. He found her attractive but was still rather uncomfortable around her. He didn't feel - right.

Dobson was next to introduce himself. "My lady, thy beauty goes beyond thy years!" he took her hand and kissed it as well with a bow.

"Sigh..hm. Yes, thank you." she replied in a careless tone. Her eyes ceasing to meet his own. "I take it that you are thy princes right-hand, are you not?"

"Yes, that is true." he replied.

"Then t'is only fair that I introduce the prince to mine own. *snap!* ZIEGOUL!" Just then a young boy about 20 or so years old ran to her side. He had long brown hair which he wore in a ponytail, and had strands of hair that swayed on his face. His head was bowed as he made no eye contact with her whatsoever.

"Princess?" he replied.

Princess Reigomé ignored him completely and spoke to Van saying. . . "This is Zigoul, he is my right-hand servant, but since what's mine shall soon be yours as well, you can tell him to do whatever you please. and he MUST obey." she said while glaring at him.

"Uh. . ." Van was at a loss for words. He and Dobson exchanged funny looks. "Um, that's really alright, actually princess," started Van. "Dobson will do just fine, but thank you for the offer."

The princess turned red. "I see." -_-' she replied. "Very well." *snap!* "Ziegoul!"

"Yes mu lady?"

"As you were!" she ordered. He then went back to stand ahead of the other servants but still a level under her.

Reigomé then walked closer towards Van. " If it is of your will my prince, I ask to speak with thee alone on the situation."

Dobson spoke up. "Ahem, the prince has already decided that dinner is a more appro. . ."

". . .The prince has not decided on anything yet, my good man! Besides speaking privately sounds like an excellent idea, princess." interrupted Van.

"Hmph! -,-" Reigomé stuck up her nose at Dobson and smiled on Van's remark.

"A-heh, heh. my apologies my lord, my lady. . ." Dobson leaned down to whisper to Van. ". . .what are you do-ing?" he asked frantically smiling fakely for the audience. Van grinned and whispered back.

"Using my own brain!" he replied. "Why bad time?" he grinned.

". . .quite." ended Dobbs.

Then he stood up straight and brought order to Van's servants. "Well, you heard the prince. he would like to be left alone. and so he shall. Be on your way then!" all of Van's servants left. Dobbs stared down at Van and gave him a look that read. [I hope you know what you're doing young man!]. Van looked very confident in return. So Dobson left.

Then it was Ziegoul's turn. "All right, you heard the princess, everybody out!" all her servants left as well. Ziegoul went towards the princess to give her one final bow when she put out her hand and to stop him.

"Leave us! Now!" she ordered. He turned around and left.

Van noted her behaviour. He decided to start things off. "Well, princess, first I'd like to say that I am honoured to of had the opportunity to. . ."

". . .Just STOP!" she interrupted. "I already know what you are going to tell me."

"Huh?" Van was stumped.

"Oh prince Van, really, did you not think that I could see three your whole little. cheraude?" -_- she looked very sad. "From the moment I walked through those doors it was written all over thy face, everything about thee read free-will and human rights! Art thou so blind that ye can not see you will be left with nothing? Is thy pride so strong that you are willing to sacrifice everything? Everyone? Ye would choose thyself over thine own kingdom! Choose to be a laughingstock rather than marry me! All I ask to know. is why?"

Van was left in awe of her awareness on the situation. "Princess. I. I."

"Hmph. you see? You are a man of many words yet when the truth is spoken out thy tongue becomes numb!" she remarked.

"No, you do not understand. Reigomé, I assure you that it is nothing that I hold towards you, but I simply do not believe in arranged marriages! It goes against everything I believe in! And.in all honesty, princess, I have already. well, I mean there is this girl. uh. I mean there WAS this girl, but - she."

". . .oh. I see." interrupted the princess. "There is no need to say anymore, thy heart belongs to another."

"NO! I mean. sigh." Van took a deep breath. "She's not coming back, I should not have mentioned her." he said in a low tone. "I'm sorry."

Reigomé moved towards him. "My heart weeps for you, I know what it's like to lose the one you love. For I too shared this experience with another." she explained.

Van looked up. "You mean, you. . ."

". . .Yes." she replied. "His name was Diovèga, and I loved him very much. Unfortunately, fate had other plans. One day our people were endangered when a war had struck our villiage. The people of Hyroone were terrified, but counted on warriors such as Diovèga to set us free, and so he did, but the cost - was great." she finished.

". . .I'm sorry." replied Van.

"It is alright." she answered as she wiped a tear. "And I have not forgotten him" she said while taking Van's hand. "But I know my duty, and I also know that if my love were still with me right now. he would understand. The last thing he wanted was to be responsible for the fall of his people, as well as place me in such a dilemma."

Van stood up and slowly paced around the room.

"T'is thy choice, Van." he stopped moving as the princess spoke. "I can not choose for thee, I can only hope that you do what you know is right."

Van then walked over to a window and looked out at the crowd that gathered before his castle awaiting the news. Slowly but assuredly, a weak grin appeared on his face, then he made a decision. "Who am I. to break up a village like Finalia." he turned around and smiled at Reigomé.

**********************************

Outside the castle, Allen and Hitomi had just arrived only to meet a very large crowd blocking every possible entrance and doorway.

"Allen, what's going on?" asked Hitomi.

"That's a good question, Hitomi. I was not told of any gathering. Let's get a closer look" he held Hitomi's hand and helped lead her through the crowd to the front of the castle. "You there!" Allen got the attention of a villager, as Hitomi tried to catch up behind him. "What is this all about?!" he asked in a loud tone because the crowds voices were almost deafening.

"Are you serious lad?" said the man. "Why.t'is only the engagement of the prince and his future queen princess Reigomé! Where have you been?!" he yelled.

"Engagement!!" exclaimed Allen. "To princess Reigomé?. of Hyroone?" he asked again.

"That's right!" he yelled back. "You know her!?"

"I have only heard word, but have yet to have see her face!" he finished.

"Oof!! ALLEN!!" Hitomi yelled squeezing through the crowd.

[Oh no! Hitomi!! She can not hear of this yet. it is too soon. I must get her out of here!] he thought.

She made her way to his side. "Did you find out what's going o. . ."

". . .forget it, we are leaving!" he grabbed her hand making his way back.

"Ow! Allen?! What are you doing! I wanna see what's happening!!" she yelled struggling to break free.

"Believe me, it's not important - now let's go!"

"Err. What!? Are you hiding something?" she questioned.

"NO!! Just trust me on this one we must go now before. . ."

"*horn blows!!!* All goes quiet."

". . .it's too late." ended Allen. He let her go.

"Aheh, ^_^ too late for what?" she grinned. "Your not big on announcements are you!"

[. . .not this one] he thought.

"Here ye, here ye! The prince has come to a decision!"

"GASP!!" Did you hear that Allen?! Van's gonna make some sort of announcement!" said Hitomi excitedly. Allen was silent.

Just then both Van and Reigomé stepped out together, Reigomé with her hand placed in his.

". . .Van?" whispered Hitomi. "But, who's that gi. . ."

". . .All hail, King Van and the princess of Hyroone, our future queen of Finalia.Lady Reigomé!" he finished. Finalia began to cheer. Van gave her a small kiss on the side of her cheek which was tradition when being crowned.

[. . .I'm sorry - Hitomi.] thought Allen. he turned to her direction. "Hitomi?. HITOMI!!" but she was no where to be found.

************************************

Then it grew dark. . .

Then it grew dark and night be-fell the people of Finalia. All was quiet, except in the royal castle where a young prince struggles to fall asleep.

*Flash* ". . .*sLiCe!* [it is done]"

"NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" *End vision*

"GASP!" Van arose vigorously in his bed sweating from head to toe. He was panting wildly. "It was - just a - nightmare!" he told himself. "But. the same one every night!" he whispered. [What is it trying to tell me!] he thought. [If only I could see the faces then I could.] "GASP!" Van's thoughts were interrupted as he saw a shadow in his bedroom. "Who's there!" he called.

Just then, a familiar face stepped out. "It's me, Van."

". . .Allen?" he said in a surprised tone. "How did you get in here? Better yet WHY are you in my room at this hour? This had better be good!"

"Oh, I assure you - it is." he replied.

"I take it you were there for my announcement to the people today, is that what this is about?" he asked.

"I guess you can say that." responded Allen.

"It must be have a great deal of importance if it could not wait 'til morning. Because I have a lot. . ."

"Van!" he interrupted. ". . .It's Hitomi."

". . ." All was quiet for a moment. "I. I don't understand. Hitomi?? What abou. GASP!!" Then it clicked in. "H-Hitomi? She's back?. Aha! She's BACK! But HOW!?!. I Mean.This is GREAT!" excitement filled Van's voice.

Then he watched Allen carefully and noticed that he hadn't shown the slightest bit of change in emotion, or share Van's excitement. something was obviously wrong. Allen eyed Van even more intensely than before and nodded his head slowly as the two of them shared an understanding. Van stared at him with fearful eyes.

"No. no she DIDN'T!!! Tell me she didn't hear. . ."

". . .She did, Van!" started Allen. "And now? - she's gone! She heard about the princess and ran off as soon as she did. I'm sorry."

Van clenched his fists and gritted his teeth. "Grr.NO! WHERE IS SHE!!"

"I don't know. she was no where in sight when I went after her." answered Allen.

"Err. THIS IS ALL MY FAULT!!!" said Van. "I HAVE TO FIND HER!!!" he jumped out of his bed and grabbed his gear and stormed out in a hurry.

"VAN! WAIT!!!" called Allen. But there was nothing he could do to stop him.

********************

"Hi'yaaaaah!!!!" Van took the horse and searched high and low for Hitomi. "HITOMII!!!!" he'd call. "WHERE ARE YOU!!!!" Just then he heard silent whimpering by a lake under a tree. "Hitomi?" Van looked to see her sitting alone staring into the distance. He walked towards her.

". . .I've missed you Hitomi." he started. "More than I ever thought I could."

Hitomi kept silent.

". . .Please talk to me." he begged. "I know that what you saw today. I know it hurt you, but I can explain. . ."

". . .Don't bother." she interrupted. "I already know all there is to know, you'd just be wasting your time."

"It was a forced marriage, Hitomi. I was never willingly going to. . ."

". . .HOW CAN YOU STAND THERE AND LIE TO ME!!" she yelled.

"But it's the TRUTH! I SWEAR IT!"

"Oh it's the truth, huh?" she mocked.

"YES!. it IS!"

"Well I asked a villager whether or not you had a say in the matter! And guess what he said Van? All you had to say - was NO! Believe it or not! It was that simple!" she yelled.

"Argh! Ugh!! Hitomi?! That guy only knows half the story! I. . ."

". . .All I hear is 'my lady this,' and 'my lady that!!' I can't believe I thought you were different!!" said Hitomi with a tear. Van placed his hand on her shoulder. "Don't TOUCH ME!" she yelled as she shunned him off. ". . .You know, it's my fault. I was stupid to think that you actually cared about me, but now I see your true colours!"

Van was hurt by the comment. "No Hitomi! You're wrong!!" I DO care about you, and you know that!! You're my only. . ."

". . .my lady?, princess Reigomé?, whatever her name is!. she's beautiful. Congratulations. have a nice life." she then ran off.

"HITOMI!! WAIT!!" Van was left alone with his thoughts. [. . .You're my only lady.]

---End---