Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ *~Summoner of Escaflowne's Mystic Eyes~* ❯ *~Summoner of Escaflowne's Mystic Eyes~* Chapter 3-Six of Cups ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]




*~Summoner of Escaflowne's Mystic Eyes~*



*~Summoner of Escaflowne's Mystic Eyes~*
Chapter 3
Six of Cups-Nostalgia. Memories. Reunited with an old friend.

Was is all just a dream or maybe a vision…no it was real…
The light pulled Van and me into it when Yobi grabbed me…


Yobi held on to Hitomi's arm tightly, unable to comprehend what was happening. He rose into the air like Van and Hitomi, defying all laws of gravity. Yobi was pulled up by the light and his last thought on Earth was *Hitomi what is going on? *

When Van and Hitomi opened their eyes, they were back on Gaea. Hitomi leaped to her feet and in a moment of pure joy, she hugged a startled Van. Then she saw his eyes rest upon another figure beside them. Hitomi turned her sea colored eyes toward the person and realized Yobi had not stayed on Earth after all. He was here in Gaea along with them.

Yobi awoke to see Hitomi and Van leaning over him trying to coax him into waking up. He sat up straight and looked around him. *This isn't the track. What happened? The last thing I remember is that light. *

"Hitomi what's going on here? And who are you?" he questioned.

"Yobi! You must learn to be more respectful! You are speaking to King Van Slanzar de Fanel of Fanelia."

Yobi narrowed his eyes and stared at his cousin. He was perplexed. *This can't be happening. It's just a dream. *

"Fanelia? Where's that Hitomi? Where are we now anyway? This isn't the track and the last thing I can remember is that light from the sky and you!" said Yobi pointing to Van.

"Who the hell are you anyway and how do you know Hitomi?"

Van stood there puzzled. He had no idea what or who Yobi thought he was. The only thing Van knew for sure was that Hitomi was back and she'd help him, Fanelia, and save him from his misery and loneliness.

"We don't have time to explain all this to him now Hitomi. Fanelia needs your help. I was asked to find a way to summon you back here." stated Van.

Hitomi just nodded and told Yobi, "I'll explain everything later but we have to go now. They need our help in Fanelia."

Just as Yobi was about to open his mouth in protest, the sound of cart wheels on the dirt was heard. Merle approached them driving the cart. With her usual cry of "Lord Van!' she threw her arms around his neck and hugged him.

"It's alright Merle. I'm back and so is Hitomi." He said nodding in Hitomi's direction.

"Hi Merle." Said Hitomi a bit quietly. One never knew how this cat girl would react to anything at all.

Merle ran to Hitomi and threw her arms around the girl. "I'm so glad Lord Van brought you back! We've needed your help so much. A lot of people will rejoice now that you are here!"

Hitomi could see tears in the cat girl's eyes and wondered where they had come from. A lot must have changed since she left.

All this time Yobi stood with his jaw hanging open, and his eyes wide staring at the half cat half girl. That was until a sharp "Hey it's not polite to stare at people! Who are you anyway? I've never seen you." startled him.

"I'm sorry, it's just that I've never seen anything like you before. I'm Yobi, Hitomi's cousin. I've never been here before." Replied Yobi while thinking *I'm going crazy. I'm seeing cat girls. I really need help. *

"Merle we should be leaving now, but before we do I wanted to ask you how you found us."

"Oh Lord Van that was easy! I came to see you but only saw a flash of blue light, then I remembered that this is the same spot you came back at the first time you went to the Mystic Moon so I just came here." Replied Merle. "C'mon Lord Van, we have to go. The council is waiting for you!"

The four got onto the cart and drove toward Faneila's castle. Yobi sat in the bouncing cart and was quiet as a lamb throughout the entire trip.

As they approached, the palace Van placed something in Hitomi's hand. She looked down and saw her pendant, the one she had given to Van as a parting gift. She looked at him for an explanation and the only reply she received was-

"You'll probably need it and besides it was a good bye present so now that you are back it's yours again."

Yobi sat in the back of the cart watching what was happening in front of him. His eyes widened in awe when he saw the palace of Fanelia.

When they entered the grounds they were surrounded by people and things Yobi never, in his wildest dreams, thought existed. He stared as a sharkman greeted Merle and bowed to Van. Then he heard an excited shout. The crowd of people brightened up and began to surround Hitomi. She was pulled off the cart and in an instant she stood in the center of the group. About 10 different people and things were talking to her. They seemed to be asking her for help with some situation or another.

Then a trio of men approached Van and Hitomi and Hitomi remembered the last time this had happened, when Van presented them the energist. The crowd parted to grant them a conference with Van. The men merely bowed to Van but to Hitomi and Yobi's surprise they began thanking Hitomi for answering their prayers.

They introduced themselves as Isamashii, Shinbou, and Rikou. They then stood up and declared that "The angel who will save Gaea can now be summoned because our savior has once again arrived from the Mystic Moon!"

Once again Yobi had no idea what they were talking about. *Angel? What angel? They can't mean Hitomi!* Yet as Yobi watched her in the middle of the crowd he realized that she was comfortable with the people around her and that the wistful look he saw on her face back home had disappeared.

Hitomi turned around from the many people surrounding her and noticed that Yobi remained where he had since they arrived at the palace. She also saw that he was utterly confused and in a way terrified. *I'm responsible for him being here in the first place. The least I can do is tell him the truth about what happened.*

Hitomi looked for Van and Merle. She walked over to them and told them, "We have to tell Yobi what's going on. We should tell him in a more private place."

So Van declared that in order to celebrate Hitomi's arrival the people of Fanelia should have a party. Upon hearing this, the crowd instantly dispersed, eager to get ready for the party, and the servants began preparing the palace.

"That should keep everyone busy!" said Van as Hitomi walked over to the cart where Yobi was standing.

"Lord Van, why is Hitomi's cousin, Adobe, here? He's not a very nice person and he has no manners at all! Why even a 'cat girl', as Hitomi would say, knows better than to stare at people!"

"Merle, his name is Yobi and you have to give him some time. I have a feeling Hitomi didn't tell anyone what happened to her, so he doesn't know what she has done for us or even about us!" Replied the young king as he watched Hitomi gracefully walk toward them, with Yobi beside her.

Merle merely looked at Van and just replied "Whatever you say Lord Van. I still don't like him."

The four of them then walked to the garden and sat down. Hitomi then began her story of what had happened to her on that magical day two years ago…

~Hitomi narrates the story to Yobi~

"…And then I went back home."

As Hitomi finished her tale the three of them watched Yobi's face trying to predict his reaction.

*This can't be true! But why would Hitomi lie to me? It must be true! I am here after all. Oh god why does this have to happen to me!?* Then something occurred to Yobi. "Hitomi you said that Grandma got her pendant from here right? That means that my half is also connected to this planet!"

"Yes Yobi, and that's why I asked you for your pendant, so I could come back here." Said the young girl but one thing she had failed to mention was the pain and suffering she went through after returning home. She didn't tell him about the…the… *NO! Don't think about them Hitomi! Don't think about them!*

Van opened his mouth to say something when a shout stopped him. "King Fanel! King Fanel! Come quickly! Sir Allen Schazar has a message for you and he says it's urgent!"

The four of them jumped to their feet as Van questioned the servant. "Did he happen to mention what this concerns? Did he tell you anything at all?"

"Lord Schazar said it has something to do with his sister, and a prophecy, your Majesty."

Van ran toward the courtyard where he was told Allen and Celena were waiting for him. He was very concerned that Allen had approached him because Allen was not a man to be taken lightly. *A prophecy…* the words echoed through his mind. *It couldn't be…could it? Is this prophecy the…*

***** If I add any characters I'll add a translation to the meanings of the names from now on! Isamashii- courageous, Shinbou- patience, Rikou- knowledge/wisdom *****

A/N: YES!! Another cliffhanger! This is my revenge on people who write cliffhangers! Anyway I hope you liked it! Please review!….I don't care if its been up for two days and there's already another chapter out. REVIEW!!!! All negative comments go to Shamanic Nuriko! Sorry to umm… Yobi's is still alive and his head is still closed! Thanx sliver sea star for your support till now. OH 1 MORE THING!!!!!! You guys have to help me make sure Shamanic Nuriko doesn't stop writing fan fiction! Any petitions against this would be good!…. Ok that's all I'm done being dorky…anyway just review/compliment/flame anything…Just give me a response!