Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ A Country's Hope ❯ Author's Notes ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author's Notes for:
A Country's Hope

Thank you for taking the time to read this fanfic. And also, mucho thanks to those who reviewed it ^___^. There are some things I want to clear up and this may be fairly long; but it will...um...be educational or something o__O;.

First of all, and probably the most important is the race I made up. People reading were probably like 'what the heck is a Saercarian?' To be completely honest, I don't really know either XD. I put together the name randomly and created this 'rival race' of the Draconians completely for irony. I mean, the fact that Eiko falls in love with a draconian should be proof of that in itself. You can bet that there is going to be more of this in my future fanfics. And you haven't seen the last of Eiko. As far as I've figured out, though there are two separate types of Saercarians-light and dark. There can be no in between and these two types influence the powers that are used. I know, I know...Escaflowne characters with...powers? I know that none of the characters had them with the exception of Hitomi in a way. I just needed something to make this race unique. They said that the Draconians were able to control destiny, and even if they have a device for doing so, their race had some abilities as well, not to mention incredibly cool wings ;D. They needed some rival race-like heaven has hell, angels have dark angels, Dilandau has Van ;x-the Draconians now have the Saercarians.

The powers I plan on having for the dark and light Saercarians are not anything super undefeatable. The light may be able to heal up wounds or create protective magic barriers-simple things that are common to white mages in video games. The dark would be the opposite and if all goes well...then you should find out more about what I mean. Also, I was thinking that possibly they could have had something to do with Atlantis's destruction. They never did come out and say the exact reason why it was destroyed, we only know basically because they had so much power with destiny. I'm also thinking...just to have those powers be connected with people the Saercarians hold strong bonds with. You know, like best friends...lovers...family, things like that.

Phew...now that's all out of the way, I can move onto the next topic. The country Omora was made up by me as well. It is the neighboring country of Fanelia, but also a rivaling country as well. See...once again-there's that rivalry XD. I imagine that it runs by the same basic calendar as Fanelia. What's ironic about Omora is the fact that their line of worship are the Draconians, much like Freid which is why I brought up an alliance between them-plus I like Freid :D. Omora is basically the same as Fanelia-with agriculture as their main source of finance. It's army is a tad more advanced with guymelefs and when I wrote the battle scene, I kept picturing Garrus's guymelef looking similar to Chafaris(Duke Freid's). Though, his had a sword rather than a bow and arrow. Perhaps Freid's alliance had something to do with that.

Celia is a full blooded Saercarian woman, obviously of light nature. I meant for her to play a similar role in Garrus's life that Varie does in Goau's. It was done to show the ignorance of most people-ones who discriminate against once person because of what an entire race does on the whole. It also shows that the people hold the same fear for the draconians as well as the Saercarians.

What's in a name? Apparently Eiko is a Japanese name that I found pretty. I know that no one on Gaea really has Japanese names and you might think that Hitomi-but she's from Japan of course. Same with Amano and Yukari. Yes, I did play FFIX and I enjoyed it very much, thank you ^___^. Anyway, Eiko started out as a character in an AOL role-play of Escaflowne. This role play was Hitomi-less-not because I don't like Hitomi, because I do :D, but mainly due to the fact that no one RPed her. Originally, the Van RPer was with Celena Schezar, though things went awry and he needed another love interest. That's where li'l Eiko came in, and eventually I grew rather attached to her and decided to give her, her very own story. As for the last name Omoi, I know it meant something relevant to Eiko's personality, I just forget what. I know it's not a normal last name, but it does fit along the lines of Omora. You have Omoi/Omora, Fanel/Fanelia, Aston/Asturia, etc. That was basically why I did it. Oh! And as for Eiko's middle name 'Aeria', I had just seen episode 15 and liked the name 'Eriya' so I found a way to spell that different ^__^;.

You'll notice that scenes from the series are interwoven into this story. I felt it necessary to do this simply because they were actual events that occurred. If the dialogue doesn't match up to what you recall-guess what! We probably watched different Escaflowne versions. I saw the entire series unedited and dubbed. Truthfully, I liked the dubbed version and all of it's voices-save the dragonslayers. But when I say dragonslayers, that excludes Dilandau. Andrew Francis did an AWESOME job ^__^;. Anyway, that was off topic (and for the record I like the Japanese voices as well-for as much as I've seen subtitled).

Just some small things to follow...I realized I refer to the month Red(August) a lot. I don't really know why that is, and there's no real reason for it anyway. I'm not sure how the calendar works since the whole white/green both being equal to April confuses me(just look up Van's and Millerna's birthdays.) Maybe the months end differently than Earth's or maybe there are separate calendars between countries, who knows! If anyone can help me with that...it would be appreciated. For now, I just wrote up a makeshift calendar that I'll use until things are cleared up.

Now for my disclaimer. The characters: Van Fanel, Goau Fanel, Mahad Dar Freid, Balgus, Folken Fanel, Varie Fanel, Merle, Luva, Asona, Yurizen, and Hitomi Kanzaki are all a copyright of The Vision of Escaflowne as well as Bandai entertainment. All countries such as Fanelia and Freid, or any other country that might have been mentioned except Omora are all copyrighted to that as well. For my own personal disclaimer, Garrus Omoi, Celia Omoi, Fanis, Daynus, Eiko Omoi, Briassa Arem, Karyn Nabyl, Jarnuth Molin, Asantay Syan, and Sorien Windly are all mine. If you want to use them for your own story be sure to E-mail me at Eikoomoi@aol.com and I will be more than willing to allow you. There are several alternate stories that might be interesting to know...like how Garrus and Celia got together...or maybe Sorien's complete history. I just don't think I'll have the time to write any of them...since I have such big plans for other stories...so it would be neat to see someone else's interpretation. Finally, the character Viole Arem, he was both Escaflowne's and my idea. Escaflowne gave him the name and a position in the dragonslayers and I gave him a personality as well as a family. I take no credit for his creation, however.

Thank you again for taking the time to read this. Additionally I have done a fanart of Eiko and Van if anyone wants to see it please E-mail me about that.

My next story will be one about the life of the dragonslayers and it will be entitled "Dangerous Wounds" you'll find out about Viole after he left...and probably what happens to Briassa. ^__^; but I won't post it until I write at least 5 chapters into it...anyway, I hope you read that one too.

-Krissy