Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Angel of the Night ❯ You Ok? ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thanks for the reviews guys, I really appreciated it.

******

Hitomi irritably closed her Queen of the Damned book. “Here he comes…again.” she muttered.

Van popped his head in. “You ok?”

With a definite twitch of her eye, the only outward sign of her annoyance she answered. “Yes Van. I was fine five minutes ago when you stepped by and five minutes before that when you stopped by the first time, and I will probably still be fine the next five minutes when you check on me again.”

Van scratched the back of his head nervously. “Sorry. I’m just making sure your comfortable.”

Hitomi sighed. “Van. I’m not going to kill myself if that’s what your worried about. In fact, if I was you, I would worry about your mother killing you first.” Van started to say something but Hitomi held up her hand. “Or figure out how your going to survive the rest of your immortal life with me attached to you.”

“Huh?” Van said stupidly.

Hitomi picked up her book. “You don’t think I’m just going to go on my own now do you? No way buddy. Going on my own would mean that I would have to either drink that nasty boars blood or suck men’s necks to get my meals.”

Van raised a brow. “And how does that change with me around?”

Hitomi yawned and peeked at him over her book. “You made me this way and I certainly can’t be reversed without chopping my own head off, only to die a second later. So…in order to repay your debt, you supply me.”

“I what? I thought you didn’t want to suck on men’s necks.”

“Yeah well, I hate you, so you don’t count.”

Van noticed her shoulders shaking in silent laughter. “Alright, alright, jokes on me. Ya know, your taking this whole vampire turning thing really well for someone in your position.”

“Well, if I’m stuck to a loser like you, I better make the best of it. Speaking of which, have you informed your mother of the recent developments?”

“Yeah.” Van mumbled, red tinting his cheeks.

Hitomi raised an eyebrow. “Well, what did she say?”

***Flashback***

“You did what?!” Varie asked in shock.

“I changed Hitomi into a vampire.”
“You changed the Huntress, the woman your interested in, into one of us?”

“Yes…” Van said slowly, awaiting her wrath.

“That’s wonderful!!”
“Come again?” asked Van in shock.

“When are you two going to marry? Oh my, so much planning to do! Caterers and flowers and handmaidens…and children. Oh CHILDREN!! I’ll be a grandmother!! Oh little dark haired babies with beautiful green eyes. A girl! I’ve always wanted a girl!! Or little babies with blond hair and red eyes. Or…”

Van watched his mother jump up and down in happiness. “I wouldn’t go that far….Mother? Mother?” He watched warily as she continued to talk to herself. “I’m just going to leave ok?”

“No definitely black hair and green eyes….” she muttered to herself.

“Ok…I’m going to check up on Hitomi…” he glared when he realized he was still being ignored. “And on my way I’m going to drop by the gay bar.” he watched for any signs of his mother paying attention. “Yeah and introduce you to my lover Bubba Frank.” When no response was given, Van left in a huff.

***End Flashback***

“She was…ok with it.” said Van finally.

“Oh. Ok.”

“Well, uh…I’ll see you later I guess.”

“Alright.”

“I’ll come get you when dinner is ready.”

Hitomi flinched. “Alright.”

“Don’t worry, you’ll be fine and you’ll like it here. I promise.”

“Alright.” Hitomi said smiling.

Van smiled back before walking out the door.

Hitomi shook her head and picked up her book after setting her watch to beep in five minutes.

A few minutes later, Hitomi heard footsteps coming down the hall and her watch set off.

“You ok?” asked Van poking his head in.

With a roll of her eyes, Hitomi waved him off, not even bothering to talk.”

“Ok, ok. I won’t bother you anymore.” he said before closing the door.

Hitomi smiled. Oh yes. Living with this family was going to be very difficult. However, it would be safe. Something she needed at the moment. That and to get a message to Allen and Yukari. Hitomi hadn’t thought about it for a while but since Headquarters had come after her and set her up, that meant that they had also set up Allen and Yukari and that meant that the two of them were in trouble.

Night of the Raven