Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Angel of the Night ❯ Messages ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thanks for the reviews guys Sorry my updating will be even less now. I have Sociology, Psychology, and Zoology and I broke my ankle so I had to make up a whole week’s worth of work. On a lighter note, I just got Vampire Princess Miyu. It’s kinda neat.

Van popped his head in and smiled. “Ready to eat?”

Hitomi nodded. “Yeah.”

“Alright then.” Van said smiling.

Hitomi looked down to the beige cargo pants and the red shirt that she wore. “Van…do you think this is appropriate to wear to the dinner table?”

“What do you mean?” asked Van.

“Well, you are technically royalty…and I mean…it’s not really appropriate to wear your clothes. I mean, I might be giving off the wrong impression that we’re….”

Van blushed as he got the hint. “It will be fine. You worry too much.”

“And you don’t worry enough.”

“Perhaps. Now come on.” Gently, Van grabbed her wrist and led her down the hall to the table. Varie and Folken were already seated, a bowl in front of each of them.

“Hello dear.” Varie said with a smile.

“Erm…hello.”

Awkwardly, Hitomi sat in an empty seat next to Varie.

“I see Van has fixed you up with some clothes.” Folken said with amusement.

“Yeah…”

An awkward silence filled the room before Varie spoke. “Hitomi, if you need anything please let us know. We would be more then happy to get it for you.”

“Thank you but I don’t really need…” Hitomi thought for a minute.

“What is it?” asked Varie.

“Do you have messengers?” asked Hitomi after a moment.

“Of course.”

“Could they deliver a few messages for me?”

“Yes, I just need to know where it will be sent.”

Hitomi licked her lips. “Not to be rude or anything but what country are we in now?”

“Europe.” answered Varie.

“Hmmm…Could you get messages sent to other countries?”

Varie nodded. “Of course we could.”

“Alright then. I need one sent to America and one to France. Can that be done?”

“Yes. Do you want them sent now?”

“I haven’t made them out yet.”

“Not a problem.” Varie clapped her hands. A young serving women came up to her.

“Yes my lady?”

“Get paper and a pencil and copy down a message.”

“Right away miss.”

The woman left and came back with a pad of paper and a pencil. She held the pencil over the paper, poised to write.

Hitomi took a deep breath and organized her thoughts. “Yukari. By now, Headquarters has went after you I’m sure. Knowing you, you are too stubborn to be captured. Fortunately, I am that way as well. Many things have happened since our last meeting and I must admit it still confuses me. I do not know Headquarter’s motivation, but I will soon. If this letter does find you, I want you to meet me in a week’s time. You know the place. Hitomi.

Hitomi made sure that the women got it all down before starting again. “Allen. Hopefully you haven’t stupidly got yourself caught. If not, meet Yukari and I at your place within a week. Hitomi.” Hitomi cleared her throat. “The first one goes to America and the second goes to France.”

“You really do dislike Allen don’t you?” asked Van.

Hitomi snorted. “What, couldn’t tell that at Headquarters.”

Varie smiled. “Well, enough of this business talk, let’s eat.” Varie again clapped her hands. This time however, several serving maids came in carrying steaming metal pots. Hitomi watched anxiously as the maids ladled a red liquid into everyone’s bowl.

“Let’s eat.” Varie said with a smile, picking up a spoon and daintily sipping the liquid.

Cautiously, Hitomi dipped her spoon into the steaming liquid. Tentatively, she took a sip only to recoil in disgust. She knew it was blood, but wanted to see if she could actually eat it.

“Hitomi?” asked Van.

Hitomi held her stomach, fighting a wave of nausea.

“Are you alright dear?” asked Varie worriedly.

“I…I’m not hungry. I…I think I will go back to my room. Excuse me.” Hitomi ran from the room.

Immediately, Van stood up and followed her to her room. “Hitomi.” he said gently after entering her room. He was stopped short by the sight of a pale and shaking Hitomi sitting on the bed.

“I…I can’t do it. I just can’t.”

“Why not? The blood was from blood banks. No one was harmed.”

“I just can’t.”

Van sighed and reached out to stroke her hair. “Poor Hitomi.” he said embracing her. “My poor Hitomi. Here.” Gently, Van lifted Hitomi’s face to his neck. “Drink from me.”

Hitomi shook her head. “I was just joking earlier Van. I can’t do this. I can’t hurt you.”

Van smiled. “You won’t hurt me, now drink.”

“No.”

Van sighed and sliced his neck with a fingernail. “Drink.” he said softly.

Hitomi gasped and started breathing heavily. Her eyes bled red and her fangs lengthened. She unwillingly plunged her fangs deep into Van’s neck and began to drink.

Van let out a horse cry and held Hitomi close to him as she drank her fill. Calmly, he stroked her back and whispered reassurances in her ear.

When she had taken her fill, Hitomi retracted her fangs from his neck and immediately fell into a deep sleep.

“My precious Hitomi.” he said with a sigh.

Night of the Raven