Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Draconian's Bliss ❯ Silence ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thanks for reviewing!

********

By sunrise, Blaze was entering the city of Astoria, never saying goodbye to any of her companions.

"Halt." called a guard to the palace.

Blaze tugged on the horse's reigns causing it to stop. "Yes?"

"Who are you to be barging into the castle?"

"Blaze Fanel." she said simply.

The guard looked horrified. "I am so sorry my lady I did not realize it was you."

"Don't worry about it." she said absently. Her head bowed, she continued.

As she reached the courtyard, a stable boy led her off the horse and then took the horse to be groomed.

"Blaze!" Millerina shouted excitedly before engulfing Blaze in a hug.

Blaze felt the woman's arms wrap around her but didn't hug back, she continued to blankly stare ahead.

"Are you ok?" asked Millerina pulling back.

Blaze nodded.

"Oh Blaze we were so worried."

"May I rest?" Blaze asked quietly.

"Yes if that's what you wish." Millerina said looking oddly at Blaze. She was never one to be meek or quiet.

Blaze curtsied formally, then left to rest.

********

The next morning she was escorted to the breakfast table where Millerina, Dryden, and Christian was waiting.

Blaze curtsied before sitting down, calmly waiting for the others to start before she did.

"Are you alright?" asked Dryden. Blaze was acting odd.

Blaze nodded.

"Would you like to go horse back riding?" asked Christian pleasantly.

"If that is what you wish." she answered silently.

Christian looked stricken.

"I sent a letter to your parents to let them know you have been found." Millerina said smiling.

"Thank you." Blaze said quietly.

Christian abruptly left the table and stalked to his room.

'Damn that Night Wolf. Damn him for hurting her.'

Oh yes Christian and Night Wolf were very well acquainted.

'But…he had no choice.'

Christian opened a drawer. Sunglasses and a handkerchief Blaze's brother had given him lay there. (AN: Kya 77 guessed it right. Yay for you!!) He always though of Christian and Night Wolf as two people inside of him. One hated royalty and the other was part of it. Both however, loved Blaze and both were in pain to see Blaze like this.

'No matter what Blaze I'll make you better.'

********

Night of the Raven