Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Master ❯ The Beginning of the End ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dragon Master




By, TigerWolf

Part 10- The Beginning of the End




The bright wild flames that surrounded the room subsisted into nothingness. In the middle the black cloaked person stood, head bowed. Falcon stood coldly, frighten to all hell. Dilandau and me stood at the door in shock. Then the candles lit again, and the cloaked thing began to draw the dagger from the stomach, without a flinch. Then a cold evil laugh sounded through the room. The laugh chilled your bones and made your flesh crawl, the laugh seamed neither man or women just of pure evil. "Fools, Falcon you are a fool along with all of Zaibach, awaking the Plahoy! Now we may start what was never completed years ago." The being said, it the same cold evil voice.
"Dilandau, Run!" I yelled, I knew what was about to happen, I don't now how I just knew. No flashes or dreams, just some sort of pure instinct.
"What?!" He said, but I grabbed his arm and started into a full sprint. Dilandau looked back which forced me to do the same. The walls were glowing a faint red and black cloaked hands and feet started to emerge.
"Run! Is the Vione fixed yet? I managed to yell
"Yes, almost, but it can fly!" Dilandau yelled back
"Were are the Slayers?!"
"On the Vione. Along with everything else."
"Good, we need to get there and fast as possible, were is it?"
"Above us!"
"Great, follow me." And the sprint turned into a faster one, I never knew I could run that fast. I saw a black arrow fly by us, and instinctively drew my sword and blocked one witch would have meant death. The hallways were filling with these monsters. They seamed to suck any happiness or hope out of the air. "Come on." We were running down the hallway, my room its right here to the right, perfect I thought. I pulled him inside. I ran to the balcony.
"What the hell are we doing in here were going to be trapped!! Threes no way down." Dilandau yelled.
"Yeah, but there's a way up!" I said. Then I focus hard, reaching into my soul to unlock it. Angelic wings grew from my back. Dilandau stood in silence. "Come on, hold on to me and I'll fly us up." I was a strong person and as long as Dilandau held me some I should be able to carry him.
"What, no way, you can't hold me!"
"It's either try or DIE, those things are filling the halls!" Dilandau gave me a look of I think I'll regret this latter, and put his arms around my neck. I cradled him in my arms like a small boy, even though he felt like a tone of bricks. And I slowly felt my feat leave the ground as my back mussels started to move my wings up and down. This was not easy, without the support of the ground to hold Dilandau he suddenly felt two times the weight in witch he felt before. I thought I would never make it to the stupid-flying fortress. When I landed, I fell to me knees and I let go of Dilandau.

~~~~~

"Hitomi! Wake up! Please!" Van was yelling and shaking Hitomi at the same time. Hitomis eye's started to flicker open and with a slight grown meant she was coming back to reality.
"Van the vision. It's starting. It's horrible, a woman awaken the Plahoy, something of pure evil. Maya was running with Dilandau. And if the Plahoy is not stopped horrible things are going to happen, Gaea with be plunged into chaos."
"It's OK Hitomi, calm down." Van said while cradling her in his arms.

~~~~~

"Your right little one, it has started! And you can't do anything about it! Nothing is stooping me this time. Falcon I thought you said the Dragon Master would be mine, that ship was not savatoged for no reason! And now she escapes on it. That girl, is the only one who can stop this, it's a good thing I am sheer she doesn't have the mental capacity to release her power. Instead she hides it. Stupid girl! Is she all the Haluchea can send to stop me?" Lady Violeta sad in her evil voice to Falcon.

~~~~~

"I am never doing that again!" I yelled standing myself up and rolling my shoulders back and forward. I notices most of the Dragon Slayers were on the balcony we landed on and staring at me in half fear have wonder. "Yeah, I have wings, get over it! We have some series trouble, we need to get this ship moving NOW, unless you want to die by sitting here like sitting ducks!" I yelled, the same time my wings retracted back to there normal hidden self.
"You herd her, come on lets GO!" Dilandau ordered backing me up. The slayers ran of in different directions. "Any idea in were we are going?" Dilandau asked me, while we were walking toward the control room. I stopped him.
"Dilandau by leaving back there, you and your Dragon Slayers are committed treason against Zaibach, can you except that." I asked, "Because were we need to go is Fanelia, witch means there can be no fighting them." I saw Dilandaus body flinch a little at the mention of Fanelia.
"Yes I understand, that we are no long with Zaibach, and I don't now why I'm prepared to do this, but I will start to play my role as a Dragon, we will go to Fanelia were going to need them, and the other two Dragons." Dilandau said in a serious voice.
"I am so glad to hear this." I said while opening the door to the control room. "Viole, set course to Fenelia and get there as fast as possible." Viole stared blankly at me for a moment, and then Dilandau nodded behind me.
"Yes milady." He said.

~~~~~

All the slayers were standing in the control room; Dilandau and I stood in front of them. I step forward to speak. "I am giving all you a choice today. But first you need to understand some things. As you all now I am the Dragon Master the Dragon of Justice. But what you don't know is that there are three other Dragons, the Dragon of Fear, Love, and Hope. Dilandau is the Dragon of Fear. These three Dragons are meant to help me stop a race called the Plahoy from plunging Gaea into darkness. The Plahoy will stop at nothing to do this. Zaibach was stupid enough to awaken this race in the reasoning of thinking that Zaibach will remand standing and will take over all of Gaea, but in reality the Plahoy is going to destroy them as well.
"This is the choice I am giving you, you can stay on this ship and be considered traders to Zaibach and help fight the Plahoy or we can let you out now and you can go back to them. If you stay on this ship, we are going to Fanelia, my brother Van de Fanel the King of Fenelia is the Dragon of Love, and the seer from the first destiny war Hitomi is the Dragon of Faith. When we get there I cant garente we will be welcomed with open arms, but I have to try to get their help. So, anyone how would prefer to get off this ship while you can, step forward." After about twenty seconds no one steep forward. "No one wants to go?" There was I loud 'Yes my Lady'. "Very well." Then Dilandau step forward.
"Even though, we may not be a part of Zaibach any more, the rules and commands on this ship stay! Other wise I will personally slit your necks. Also Lady Maya is now in command with me, so her orders you must fallow. Understood?"
"Yes Sir."
"Dismissed" The Dragon Slayers left the room. "Maya, how are you getting into Fanelia?"
"Well the ships cloaked, the ship with stop at the borders, and you and me will take Artemis to the castle, in dragon form and cloaked, once there we will have to take the gamble that Van will see us and go from there." I said
"Very well, we should be there in a couple of hours."

~~~~~

"You have your orders, we will be back when were back, don't leave the ship." Dilandau reminded the Slayers. Then climbed onto the shoulder of Artemis. I transformed into a dragon while still in the hanger, then cloaked and flew out the open hanger doors.
There's the castle. It's beautiful, I could have grow up here, but I did not and I'm happy about that, otherwise I would have never lived on the Mystic Moon, and I would not be me, I would be some princess being forced to marry off or something. I swear I have a major problem in the way women are treated here. On Earth women are treated as equals, and get to choice to do whatever they want with their lives. Ahh, well that's enough thinking of what could have happen, it's time to make some history. There going to freak when they see me, I hope I don't laugh. With that I uncloaked the flaying dragon and landed on a large cemented platform inside the castle gates. Castle guards came up and surrounded me. I got out of Artemis, fully dressed in what was given to me when I came to this place. Dilandau followed me dressed in whet was given to him in the forest. So basically we were both wearing are colors and weapons. Swards were drown and pointed at both of us. "We come in peace, We need to talk to King Van about a new evil that has arisen in Gaea, and nether of us are with Zaibach any more, so please can we talk to king Van?" I said, keeping my hands where they could see them.
"Hello Maya, I was wondering when I would see you again. Guards lower your weapons. Please fallow me." Van said, while turning. He was wearing a long black cape over his black pants a white shirt. We followed him to his study; Hitomi was in there waiting for us. "Hitomi has had a vision of a evil being awakened, and now you are here, you care to explain what has happen?" Van asked.
I quickly explained all the events that we just went through. "So, you have left Zaibach, the Vione is on the borders of Zaibach, and Dilandau and his Slayers have committed treason." Van said calmly.
"Yes, I came here because I was hoping that you could help us from stopping this, Gaea can't be plunged into chaos it was to be stopped." I said
"Maya, of course we will help you." Hitomi said, "We understand why you had to go to Zaibach and we are happy you are back. And as long as you trust Dilandau and his slayers we do as well." Hitomi said giving me a hug. "Were the other two Dragons you should now better then to think we did not have faith in you."

~~~~~

Over the next two weeks, Van and I were seeking all the help possible from Austria and Fried and other countries on Gaea. Meanwhile the Plahoy had taken I few bordering countries of Austria and Fenelia. They were planning the for a battle in witch they were determined to win. Since Fried, Austria and Fenelia formed almost a straight line with the sea behind us, they were planning for that line to be the final battle.
Dilandau and the Slayers were welcomed into the castle with suspicion; they of course had to be around a guard at all time to make sheer they were not up to anything. The fact that I was Van sister was remained silent how the people would react to Fanelia having a princess right now was a problem we did not want to deal with. But of course the Fore head generals and Vans advisers knew, but now one else new my true identity.
The Fanelia army was in full preparation and where brought to the borders of the Fanelia. The women and children were brought into the mountains for safety. Some of the Austria and Fread army was there two. We had predicted that they were going to target the Fanelian borders, so most of are numbers were there. Hitomi was practicing with her new weapon of the staff. She was quit good, even though Van and I had made her promise to stay away from the front of the fighting. She was quit reluctant about that. Then Van tried to make me stay away too; that of course did not work he ended up with my sward to his neck and him saying 'OK, OK'. That was about the only laugh a had in these two weeks. Everyone knew that battle was coming, the question was when. When were they going to attack?
"Lady Maya?" Someone asked while I was walking on the front. Staring at the enemy gather themselves on that thin line that was the border of Fenelia. I turned around to see Allen.
"Yes Allen?" I said very annoyed
"You know all this pacing is not going to help."
"Helping or not, it is how I pass the time." I have no clue why I was being so mean, I think it was the preacher of the fact everyone is counting on me to end this.
"I came to tell you Dilandau and the Slayers and Van and Hitomi want to see you."
"Thank you." I headed toward where they were camped out. I walked up to see Van, Hitomi and Dilandau all in their colors, and the dragon slayers standing behind them. "You wanted to see me." I said.
"Yes, Maya," Van said, "We wanted to tell you were all here for you, and to tell you your not in this alone, and what ever happens out there we believe in you."
"Thanks Van, it means allot but it doesn't take the preacher away. I hope you'll all ready for what happens, God knows I'm not..." A loud crash followed by a horn sounding interrupted me. "Shit it started! You guys know what to do. Let's go. Dilandau, Van with me."

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<&g t;~<>~

And so it starts Thanks for reading.