Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Master ❯ Death is How I Help ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dragon Master




By, TigerWolf


Part 11- Death is How I help




It always starts slow krepin up on the unknown,
People stand in anticipation for what they could clam
And for the people that will be lost,
Hoping that they will not be one.


Dilandau, Van and I were off to our Guymellefs. The Dragon Slayers mellefs were at a different location in case somehow, one place got distorted. Hitomi was getting to her position away from the front. I felt guilty about that, I was not trying to be sexist when I made her promise to not be at the front, really I wasn't. I just did not want that vision or dream or whatever it was to come true. My logic was if she wasn't close to the battle it would not happen, even though something told me it was. Was I going to die today over a stupid slip that would prove fatal? The book did say my gift to Gaea would be death, did it mean my death? What ever was to happen I could not let it distract me right now, I have an army to lead right now. We reached the hanger.
I opened Artemis, and got in. I took a communication devise out of my pocket, it was kind of like a headset, and it let me talk to Dilandau and Van and some of the other commanders. "You guys ready for this?" I said almost like I was Edgar for it to happen.
"You bet, It's been so long since I have been in a good fight." Dilandau responded, evilly. It scared me, he also sounded on the verge of laughter, he was happy about this?
"Lets go." Van said sternly. We all transformed into flight mode. The Dragon Slayers joined us almost immediately.
"Dilandau-sama, Lady Maya, your orders." Chesta voice came over the headset.
"Let's stop these bastards now, stay in formation till its time." I said
"Yes milady." I herd

~~~~~

"Perfect come and try and stop us, you fools. She hasn't even excepted the dragon yet; she has no chance in beating me. I was right she doesn't have the mental capacity to make this a fun war. Tesk, Tesk, I'm disappointed in the Haluchea, even if she could unlock the dragon, she still would not be able to stop me." Lady Violeta growled out load. She had changed her robs and clock, so it was all black with red trimming, signifying her as the leader. "Mellef units, attack!" she yelled in her cold evil voice.

~~~~~

The sun is clouded by a grayish white,
Beckoning some to them, to there deathly hold
And taunting others with rejection,
And so it starts.


The battle started so fast I could not even remember it really. All I know is right now I was striking down the enemies Guymellefs, in anyway possible. It was almost boring to me, the pure black Guymellefs could fight very well, but not good enough for me. I saw my allies struggling with the enemy; the fallen mellefs littered the field. But I did not take the time to ponder over the distraction, before I a slashed down another Mellef. I could hear Dilandau laugh evilly over the headset. "Dilandau, leave some fun for me." I said in an evil innocent voice. While spotting him off a bit in the distance.

~~~ Van thoughts ~~~

'What did Maya just say, leave some fun for her? She turning just as crazed about fighting as he is. What is she thinking, this fun!' Van got a look at Maya's face; she had slid the face plat back, for some reason. 'Her eyes, there so cold, I can see them dancing is all the pain, this was not the Maya I knew. Yeah I have not known her to long, but in the last two weeks, she's been doing everything to prevent this fighting, and now she is enjoying it.' Van did not have too much more time to think about Maya; he had his own mellefs to take care of.

~~~~~

A black plague sweeps over the hill
Drowning all love and hope out of the air,
Leaving people with fear and anger
But the obsession of living remand hot in mortal minds.


"Dame them, there not planning on taking us down with Guymellefs, there planning on doing it by foot." I said out load. There smart, a Guymellef can do damage to buildings, and other mellefs, and since we decided to not use flame throughers, we have to fight them by foot. All of a sudden Artemis disappeared, leaving me on the ground to fight. "What the hell!" I said
"What happen to Artemis." Van said over the headset.
"How the hell should I now it just disappeared!" I yelled back
"What the Dragon Master, the one chosen by the Haluchea, cant fight without her Mellef?" An evil voice said over the headset.
"What the hell did you do to Artemis, you witch, and I will not even ask how you got on this com-line." I spat
"Artemis, decided to take a little trip away from here, I thought having you fight on foot would be interesting, now that I think about it why don't you all fight on foot." The voice said. Escaflowne disappeared, and the other mellefs, froze, the enemy and ours. Pilots started to climb out of their Guymellefs.
"Van! Are you all right?"
"Yeah, but-" Van started
"No time, everyone destroy the headsets!" I then smashed mine to the ground. "Bitch!" I said in frustration. But this was not over; I was going to stop this. I drew my sward on an on coming attack from one of the black cloaked monsters. These 'things', whatever they were, were storming like a black cloud. We were out numbered, big time. The fight became a fight for servile.

Fighting is all you can do,
You kill one but five take its place.
The overall fight becomes a fight for survival,
You watch your comrade's fall,
But you can't fight the tears that are not coming for them
Due to your lust to survive.


I fought monster after monster, dead bodes laid around me. I was not even effected by it. The bodes fell and I just kept going. I was laughing and enjoying it, the adrenaline rush it was something. I loved it, but I still kept a head about me. I saw Dilandau fighting, three were sneaking up on him, and I ran to help him. I got there just in time. To stop the attacks from the three. I slashed one arose the neck, there blood slashed onto me, I pulled a dagger out and stuck it in the other at the same time, then jabbed my sward into the last one. "You doing good?" I asked Dilandau through semi fast breathing.
"Just great." He replied.
"Good, well see yeah." I said while going off to save some other sorry ass, from death. I played a heroine for quit some time, while also finding out how we were doing. The front had been driven back, we were loosing. I could see all the dragon slayers and allies fighting. I saw Van shot down some with his bow. Then I saw Dellet he was in trouble, I took of is his direction, 15 feet away, 10 feet, a sward went through Dellet, he fell, 5 feet. I was angry now, I wasn't before, you never want to come across me when angry, mad, if you are brave, but not angry. I was there, my sward went a cross the stomach line then I slashed the legs. I was determined to give this person a slow painful death. Then one came up from behind, what do they think I'm stupid? I turned the sward around, and stuck it in the bastard's gut. I twirled the Sward back for it to be facing forward again. I looked at my next attacker over my shoulder with pure fury; the thing turned and went the other way. "Cowered." I said disappointed. Then I bent down over Dellet, I felt his wound, and started to apply preacher. I saw his eyes drift back. "Dellet you stay with me! You're loved by to many to die." I saw him smile lightly, and close his eyes. "Dellet, don't die on me!" I screamed, then I whispered, "Please, don't die."

How could a person like me get stuck in the middle of this?
Understanding.
What would they think if they saw me like this?
In a world were everything was made to be broken
Here, I stand trapped in the middle.


I looked down at my hands, red blood covered them. It was real blood, not my imagination. Dellets blood. On my hands. I looked up, bodes laid died on the field with forgotten shields and weapons. Red stained the grass, and every so often you could see fallen Guymellefs, inflamed in a red blue fire. Cries were yelled, those of trumpet and death. Swards crashed, arrows shot, every were you looked you saw something being slain, and the last cries of a life. Someone loved that person that just died. I unconsciously started to walk through the maze of bodes and debrie. How could I kill, take the life of another? Its not me, or is it? Why can't I stop this? It's my dame destiny to stop this, so why am I not? Why can't I, do they have the wrong person? Death. Dellet's died, I wonder if I know any others that where, died? What the hell I'm I doing here, I'm not helping; I'm helping cause this! I fell on my knees. "No, No." I whispered, tears ran down my cheeks, my nightmares were becoming reality. "No!"

Reality.
This is were I am.
I must fight.
If it's not for me they'll die.
I need to set things right


"Help!" I herd, then it was followed by a scream. I looked up Hitomi was fighting a loosing battle with something different. The blacked cloaked being had red trimming unlike the others. I got up with determination, and ran towards Hitomi. Rage, frustration, anger, and fear all ran through me. I got there just in time to stop a deathly blow to Hitomi. I pushed the being back and charged it. It blocked; it went back and forward a few times. Then I slipped. And it came down on me; a cold sharp pain interred my chest. I could feel the worm blood rush out of my body. Things started to go blurry. I looked up onto the one who was killing me. That face, it was horrible, it was evil. It was Lady Violeta. But it was not; her face had black and red strips, filling it. Her eyes were black with red pupils. Her mouth seams more of a scare then a mouth now. It was a face I would never forget, and prayed to be able to.
The 'Thing' pulled her sward out and backed off some, laughing that laugh. I felt my eyes roll back, and fell into Hitomis arms. She was crying, going into panic. With the last bit of strength a said. "My gift is Death."

Immortal.
As much as I thought I was, I'm not.
That shock hits me when Death takes my life.



~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~



Jo-Jo I hope your question was answered in the beginning of this chap, of why Maya wanted Hitomi to stay back.

But anyway to all you other people, PLEASE REVIEW. Lol

Oh yeah I wrote the poem or whatever you want to call it I wrote. It's mine people. Lol. I'm in a crazy mood.