Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Forever in My Dreams ❯ The Meetings at the Loveboat ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Forever in My Dreams

Chapter 3: The Meetings at the Boat

" A special person will come to your life and love you

like you've always wanted. If that was yesterday, Learn. If that

will be tomorrow, Hope. And if that is TODAY…

Cherish and Keep it with you. "

* * *

"This… is the song…."

Hitomi uttered softly under her breath after reading what is written in the card. Obviously the contents are somewhat disturbing not only because it is taken from her favorite song sang by her favorite artist. The sender revised it a little to fit his needs. And it truly had an effect.

"Who could it be?" She pondered hardly. Desperately, she holds the card possessively and wondered in her thoughts.

"Hitomi, dear what are you doing?" Mrs. Kanzaki wakes her up from daydreaming.

"Umm… None mom." Hitomi answered while sensing her Mother's curious eyes. " I guess I'd be better go to my room now to change and take some rest." She told her Mom and smiled to hide her silliness.

"I guess that's much better my dear. I'll call up you later if everything is already done in here. Your father will go home early today, he wants to have his dinner with us. And I'm truly grateful with that. " Her Mom smiled back.

"Wow! That's great!" Hitomi exclaimed delightfully with the announcement her mother made just a moment.

"Mom I'll go proceed to my room now, just call me if father is already here. ok?" Hitomi told her mother with a gaily face and glittering eyes and then she went upstairs and headed to her room while carrying those roses she had just received. Her mother smiled at her while she's setting off from their receiving room.

The room is neatly set; she had her queen size bed with collections of different pillows arranged in different sizes and shapes. It's great to be home early!' Hitomi thought joyfully.

"Hmmnnnnn!!!!!" She cried out loud and plunges in her bed with relief; she looked around her; her eyes move from her ceiling to her windows where the sun is visible and starting to setting down. The sky is in flame and the earth is dimming. By any minute from now it is expected to get dimmer and the sun will bid farewell to his children, and his twin will take his place.

"Moon… the Red flame, it reminds me of something, I knew somehow this things became a part of me… what is it anyway?!" Hitomi paused for a moment and searches her mind for a reason she herself doesn't understand.

"Oh! Whatever!…but still I know somehow-the moon and the flame is not just a thing it's a mystery that I must discover…" she muttered under her breath and let out an audible sigh and then continues to glance around her room. A handsome frame caught her attention, without hesitation Hitomi got up from her bed voluntarily and motioned to her study table with her eyes fixed on that fine-looking silver frame. She reaches out the photo frame and held it in her hands. She looks at it with a sad face, with a very sad face. A string of emotions run through her chest, as if she wants to scream only just to voice out what's keeps her from crying. But she can't, her eyes are getting hotter and damper in every sec. She can't control it , she knew it was so stupid of her to act as such.

"Why…..?" she said in a very low voice with an implication of hurt and sorrow. "I know I should not be doing this… but how…. Can……… I…" A drop of tears escapes from her gloomy eyes. For a moment she felt as if the world is turning her down from what she's feeling right now. She feels her chest is ready to explode. A stream of tears keeps on falling from her soggy eyes.

"I miss you so much…"she embrace the frame tightly closer to her heart then she moved to her bed and sat down. She then noticed the roses lying on her chamber, it is really beautiful, pink is the color, maybe she is not that girlish to made pink her favorite color, but then she likes it.

"If only…." A small smile formed upon her lips and lightens her cheerless face.

The whole family is gathered around the table. They were chatting while eating their meals. Everyone is happy and most of all enjoying their dinner Mrs. Kanzaki cooked for them.

"Hows' school Hitomi?" Her father asked her.

"Fine Dad." She answered casually.

"Is there something good to look forward to?" Mr Kanzaki asked her again.

"What do you mean by that Dad?" curiosity is getting her system.

"What I mean is, -if you like your school"

"Of course I like my school!"

"I mean, your first few days in school-if there is… you know…"

"I really don't understand you Dad, what's with you?" this time Hitomi is getting irritated with his father's way of questioning. .

"Oh! Just forget it dear; it's none of importance. oK?" Mr. Kanzaki smiled at her daughter revealing his cute dimples.

Hitomi couldn't keep herself from bursting out. She laughs out loud.

"Ha ha ha ha hahah ha ahhah!"

"What's so funny my dear Hitomi?" Mr. Kanzaki asked her daughter inquiringly.

Hitomi calmed herself and answered him back. "None father." She smiled.

"By the way tomorrow I will not be here again, but I promise you guys that by the end of the week we will going to go out together and I'm going to treat you! That will be my deal." A broad smile escapes his lips after his announcement.

"Yeppyyyyy!" Hitomi's younger brother yelled out in ecstasy.

"Is that really true Dad?" Hitomi's eyes widened in surprise.

"Yes, that's true." Her father confirmed her.

"Oh Dear! I guess I should be preparing our activities for that day!" Mrs. Kanzaki said excitedly.

"Well I guess everything is already set." Mr. Kanzaki told them. Then after, they continue to their chatting habit while eating their dessert Mrs. Kanzaki had prepared for them. Gladness is what is visible to their faces. The relationship between them is an ideal one. They have a loving mother, kind and generous father, Thoughtful, obedient and caring children. An almost perfect kind of a family.

Sunday had come; it's a family day. Hitomi's father had promise to treat them to have some fun and also to enjoy the weekend together, while Mrs. Kanzaki prepared already their activities for that day and all the things they will be needing.

Hitomi and her family went off early 7 in the morning to catch the train heading to Tokyo. They went first to the newly opened museum near their father's office. Second to the National park. Third, they go shopping. And lastly for it is already 7 in the evening, they go cruising in the luxury boat. Mr. Kanzaki got the ticket as one of his incentives given to him by the company where he is working currently for these past faithful years.

"Wow! Father this is really exciting!" Hitomi exclaimed while brushing back her bangs at the side of her ears. "It's so cold in here! I Love it!"

"I'm glad that you like it dear. You know what?" motioned to her side.

"What is it Dad?" Hitomi inquired.

"Ur mother and I met here when we were young. That is our first meeting." Hitomi's father told her.

"Really Dad?" She couldn't believe. And then she listens intently with her father's disclosure of her parent's pasts.

"Yah, I was seventeen at that time then. I was lucky because my parents gave me a pair of tickets to this boat, that time they don't want to go out to spend their time together outside our garden., They just want to remain in our home alone together, so they gave the tickets to me so that I will have the experience to be in here and to get out of my busy sked." He told her daughter with dreamy eyes. Hitomi just smiled. His father continues with his story.

"I was so glad that my parents care for me. So I search someone to company me to that boat. I asked almost everyone I knew back then, but no one wants to go out with me and I was so disappointed, I told myself that no matter what, even if I have to go there alone, I will."

"So what did you do?" Hitomi inquired.

"I go out-alone, It's kind of lonely when no one is with you. And it is really true." Mr. Kanzaki confessed to her daughter. The sadness is visible to his face.

"It so sad then."

"yes, its true"

"What about with mom?"

"Well dear, that's the best part of my teenage life." His face became brighter.

"Come on Dad tell me!" Hitomi said with a thrilled voice.

"Ok, ok, just calm down, I'll tell you of course. Since no one is with me, I wandered alone. What I do then to occupy myself is to kill the time as I wait for a shooting star while sitting on that upper deck." Mr. Kanzaki pointed to the boat's upper part on his upper right. Hitomi followed with her eyes the place his father is pointing to her.

"How many shooting stars did you see then,?" Hitomi jokes to his father while grinning crazily. Mr. Kanzaki poke her forehead for making fun of him and they both burst into laughter.

"ha ha hha hahh ha ha hahha" the two continued to laugh.

"What a sweet thing." Mrs. Kanzaki muttered under her breath after hearing the two. She looked at their direction and she dearly smiles at them without noticing her. She's happy seeing her daughter and her husband getting along so dearly. Nothing could pleased her even more is to see her family having a good time together.

"You know what" his father continued, " I don't find any, it's really terrible! First I don't have a company second, no shooting star, I asked myself what will the third." He paused and let out an audible sigh. "Since there is no shooting star to make my wish to, I told myself that there's a lot a stars there smiling down at me. I told them my wish." He said smilingly to her daughter.

"What's your wish?"

"It's a secret!"

"Daddddddd!" Hitomi frowned for not telling her his fathers wish.

"Its so obvious my dear. Just think of it. And besides the stars grant my wish that very day!" he told her merrily. And his smiles become even broader.

"Really? What happened?" Hitomi excitedly inquired.

"While sitting there for about 2 hours the least, I found a girl, a strikingly gorgeous lady standing at the other side of that deck while facing the bay. And she's alone." He grinned. "I walked directly to her and ask her something. I guess I din't need to tell you what it is." He smiles handsomely to her. "I don't need to elaborate it more. What happened then is, after at that love boat's first meeting, we had our second, third, and so forth, until I marry your mother. And have you both." Contentment is visible to his face.

Hitomi couldn't believe with what her father told her. She wishes she could have the same. Although it's not her priority in life but, it feels good if you have someone to share your happenings with aside from Yukari and her other friends.

"Could it be just a coincidence, Dad?"

"What do you mean?"

"When you made your wish and it came true."

"Dear Hitomi, If you wish hard enough, your wish will truly come true. That is an old saying your grandma always told me."

"I know…."

"Dad!" Hitomi's little brother called out. "Mom needs you!" The lil' kid added while waving his right arm to them, to get their attention.

Hitomi and her father noticed him. And they wave back.

"Well, dad I guess we'd better continue our chit chat next time, mom needs your help." Hitomi told her father thoughtfully.

"I Guess so." He answered. "Well then, see around, or you would like to go with me? What do you think; it's still fine with me if you roam around the boat by yourself. It would be fun, if you'd like to." Mr. Kanzaki said with a very warm comfortable voice.

"A, I guess I will be fine alone. Besides I'd like to get to see the whole place!" She told him back with excitement.

"Dad! Mom's waiting!" The kid shouted impatiently.

"OK, ok!" Signalling his little boy to wait. "Dear I should be get going, your brother is already impatient." A curve had formed upon his lips. He smiles generously. And again he faces his daughter.

"Enjoy yourself dear ok?"

"Yes Dad. Don't worry 'bout me." She gave him a wink. He winked back at her while leaving. About a minute later, Hitomi is left alone on her own. The breeze of the evening night is freezing her body.

"Hmnn, where shall I go first?" She looked around her searching for new destination. She had spotted the upper deck corner of the boat that seems to be vacant, and she feels an urge to go up there and stay for a while.

The evening sky is shining so bright that night, the heavenly gems are all sparkling so beautifully giving all its inhabitants underneath their heavenly place a shower of hopes and lights on their way. The wind calms the mind and refreshes the body. Hitomi is overwhelmed by what the nature is giving her. 'If only Yukari is also here, she would truly loves this place!' Hitomi thought, wishing her bestfriend to be there too, enjoying the gift of nature.

Hitomi's hair is dancing with the wind as it gently blows on her way. She is busy arranging her hair back on its place when she notice a dark figure on her right, a meters away from her. It is even stranger, that she still feels comfortable at her situation; fear is not on her system.

She doesn't know how long she's been staring on that stranger on her right, when suddenly the man's head moved and turned on her direction. With a split of second, he meets her gaze. Hitomi is taken aback with the situation she is in for the moment. 'It's silly' she thought.

The evening clouds drifted slowly away from the moon which now visible at that very instant. Giving light to both of them. Little by little the man's face is becoming visible to her sight. She then feels uncomfortable at that moment of time. But still she stood up straight and meets the man's face, which is now evidently visible. Surprise had overtaken her whole being. She made a step backward and uttered something in surprise.

"What the…." Hitomi is still gazing at him, his eyes are fixed at her too!

"What are you doing here Ms. Kanzaki?" he continued disbelieving.

"OH! What? … I see, OH! By the way -I mean-gee…pardon me, I'm really surprise!" Hitomi stammered. She was taken off guard, she doesn't know what to say either.

The man seems not to noticed her difficulty, he continued to asked Hitomi why she was there alone and who is with her.

"Meaning you and your family is here, if I'm not mistaken."

"Yah." She replied shortly.

The man moves closer and stops just inches away from her. Then, he smiles warmly, making her become more comfortable. 'He's nice' she thought.

"Ms. Kanzaki-" the man started.

"Hitomi" Hitomi broke in.

"OK… Ms. Hitomi are you sure you'd like to be alone?" the man asked her.

"What do you mean?" She asked back.

"Well, I was thinking if… I mean-" Hitomi is watching him speaks. 'He's stammering too!' She's grinning wickedly but hiding it from him. Of course she doesn't want to offend the person by her silliness.

"You see… the boat is great! Why would stay here, if we could spend the rest of our time to roam around. What would you think?" There, he said it!

Hitomi pretended to think for a moment. He spares the time.

"Ok, if it is fine with you." She smiles warmly at him this time. He smiles back at her, making her shiver and her face turned red as tomato. She doesn't know why she is acting weird since yesterday, "What's wrong with me?" she muttered under her breath.

"Are you ok Ms. Hitomi?" The man asked her with a concerned face.

"A? No-no, I'm perfectly fine." She grins sheepishly at him.

"If your ok now, would you like to go now?" He has a gentleman's voice and he looked so neat this time, Hitomi just noticed. He seemed so formal with his coat and tie. His hair is neatly arranged in place: totally different the last time she saw him. One thing that is not clear to her and obviously the thing that bothers her. To get out with her doubt she asked him bravely like a small girl, asking innocently a stranger.

"By the way, why you're here? Are your parents is with you too?" Their eyes are met. Her eyes are searching, he knows it.

"I don't have any parents; I don't know them." He replied neatly giving no hint of whatever to make it clear. She gets the idea, so she dismissed asking him further, instead she told him to forget it and go on with there roaming.

They wandered around the impressive boat and enjoy the stroll. He is a perfect gentleman that night. Every time they went down the ladder, he goes first and takes her hand like a precious princess of her prince. When they sit, he offered her a chair; when they entered or leave the room, he opened and closed the door for her. The whole night becomes so perfectly built up. She enjoys her company with him. He is great and she was so surprise by his manner. A totally different person, she's glad that he let her see him that way. Giving her the chance to get to know him well. In fact, the handsome man was thinking the same as well. This is his first time to get a close encounter with Hitomi and there so much that he learned from their meetings at that boat. A memory he would truly treasure.

The night had ended very well to the two of them. They both discover new things about each other, which truly different from what they knew back then. He understands now that when destiny strikes, it strikes on time. Before he lay down to sleep. He gave the beautifully decorated portrait one last looked. Feeling satisfied he smiles and then go on to give himself a rest.

But he can't…

Story

by

* * * ~ Crejz Ann ~ * * *

Authors Note:

Well, what we got here??? As what had my story is up to, it seems that the spell of combining two hearts are happening as you can see. What had happened with Hitomi's parents long time ago, is what is happening to them. The question is, who was the man she had just met at the LoveBoat! Just find out and see with the proceeding chapters. ^-^

Disclaimer:

I don't own the song 'Forever in my Heart' from City Hunter. So pls. CH & Esca fans out there don't get mad at me. I like the song a lot! And I need it in my fanfic. And Most of all I don't own Escaflowne and The characters.