Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Hitomi's New Life ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Hitomi's New Life

AN - Ok, I'm a new writer, so tell me what you think of this story. Have a little sympathy for me ^_^. Anyways, I hope you enjoy! Please review after you have read it, it is greatly appriciated!

"~~~~~" = spoken words
'~~~~~' = thoughts

Disclaimer - I do not own Escaflowne or any of it's characters!

Chapter 1

~*~"Why can't you think of anything other than fighting?" Hitomi asked Van.

"What are you talking about? This war is to protect you!" Van said looking up to see Hitomi standing on the bridge that leads to the Palas castle.

"I saw it. You enjoy fighting, Van! I don't want you to protect me like that. I hate war. I hate this world!"

"Hitomi!"

"Someone, please send me back! Send me back to my world!" As she said that a bright blue light engulfed her. ~*~

Hitomi abruptly sat up in her bed, her night gown and hair stuck to her body and face from sweating in her sleep.

"Hitomi!" The voices of Van and Allen from her dream still echoed in her head.

It's s been two years since that day on the bridge. And Hitomi now wishes she never left. She ran her fingers through her hair, then fell back, letting her head hit the pillow. She turned her head and looked at the alarm clock next to her on her bed stand.

"Six o'clock." she said out loud. Hitomi got out of bed and walked to the bathroom to take a shower. While she let the cool water run down her body she thought about Gaia, about the war . . . and about Van. Why she left him she doesn't know anymore.

'I wonder if the war's over? If it is, I hope you won, Van.' Hitomi thought, smiling as she remembered his face.

She stepped out of the shower and started getting ready for school. After she put on her school uniform and fixed her hair, she looked at herself in the mirror. Not much has changed about her over the two years she's been back from Gaia. She's the same height and her hair's the same length as it has always been. The only thing that's different is how her body has matured. She has all the curves a woman has now. She's also the captain of the girls track team and a star fighter in her Tai-kwan-do class.

Hitomi left her room and started walking downstairs to the kitchen where her mother was making breakfast. When she was half way down the stairs she was pushed aside as her little brother came running down.

"Mamoru, watch where you're going!" Hitomi yelled as he run out the door. Mamoru is 13 years old now, four years younger than Hitomi.

"Where's Mamoru going in such a hurry?" Hitomi asked her mom.

"He's late for soccer practice." Mrs. Kanzaki answered without looking up from what she was doing. "Did you sleep well?" Mrs. Kanzaki handed Hitomi her breakfast.

"Thanks." Hitomi said as she started to eat. "I had that dream again."

"The one with you on the bridge?"

"Ya, that one."

"You have to stop thinking about it, Hitomi. You have to go on with your life."

"I know, but I still miss them."

"I know you do." Mrs. Kanzaki said before she left the room to continue cleaning.

Mrs. Kanzaki and Hitomi's best friend, Yukari, are the only ones who believed the story of Gaia. Hitomi also told Mamoru but he only makes fun of the story. She also told Amono who says that he believes her but she can tell that he doesn't. And Hitomi's father moved out while she was on Gaia and no ones heard from him since.

Hitomi decided to leave early this morning and run a few laps around the track.

"Mom, I'm leaving. See you after school!" Hitomi called before closing the door behind her. It takes her ten minutes if she walks to school.

While walking, she thought of her time on Gaia. Her hand went up and clutched the tear drop shaped pendant that still hung around her neck. She used to try and use it to get back to Gaia, but to no avail. Once in a while it would glow a faint pink light but that was it.

Hitomi was about half way to school when she stopped in the middle of the side walk. She felt some ones eyes on her, she kept walking.

'Some one's following me.' Hitomi thought as she looked at the pendant that was still in her hand. It was now slightly glowing.

"Oh no!" Hitomi whispered under her breath. Over the two years she's been back home, the only times her pendant has glowed is when she was trying to get back to Gaia . . . . or when she is in danger, like the time it started to glow when she was almost hit by a car.

Soon Hitomi was jogging down the street. But she soon heard footsteps following her from behind. As the foot steps came closer, the pendant grew brighter and Hitomi ran faster.

'Two more block until I'm at school!' Hitomi thought as she turned into an alley which was a short cut to her school.

Breathing hard, Hitomi closed her eyes and continued to run as fast as she could. When she closed her eyes she saw her three stalkers behind her through her mind.

"It's time Hitomi." a familiar voice whispered in her head.

"Folken?" Hitomi asked before she felt herself rising into the air.

'But where's the column of light?' she thought as she opened her eyes to see that she was now a foot in the air, without the light to be seen.

Just then all three of her stalkers tackled her to the ground. Hitomi started to scream but was cut off with a rag being tied around her mouth by one of the stalkers while the other two held her down. When he was done with the rag he stood up, which was when Hitomi saw his face with a burn mark across his face. And his face was the last thing she saw before feeling an emense amount of pain at the back of her head. Then Hitomi's vision went black.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


"A bruised and bloodied body of seven-teen year old Hitomi Kanzaki was found in the alley near her high school today at nine o'clock this morning." The woman on TV reported," After being raped several times and being severely beaten, Hitomi Kanzaki was taken to the hospital where she is now recovering from that traumatic experience. Hitomi was still unconscious, from being hit on the head with a glass bottle which was found on the scene. She was found by one of the teachers of the near by high school."

Yukari had to turn off the TV because it was upsetting Hitomi's mother. Yukari, Mrs. Kanzaki, Amono and Mamoru have been in the hospital's waiting room for hours now.

Finally a doctor came in, "You may go see Hitomi now. She's awake. But I recommend not staying long, she needs to rest. All four of them entered Hitomi's room where she was sitting up in bed with bruises and cuts all over her face and body.

"How are you feeling, Hitomi?" Mrs. Kanzaki asked, taking her daughter's hand.

Without saying a word Hitomi started crying, which made her mom and Yukari start crying. Through her sobs, Hitomi told them how scared she was and how she never wants to go through that again.

After a half hour, the four visitors had to leave and Hitomi fell back asleep, thinking about Folken's words, "It's time, Hitomi."

The next morning Hitomi was aloud to go home. Hitomi was really quiet during the car ride back to her house. When she entered the house she ignored her mom's voice completely and went straight up to her room. There she just lied on her bed with her hand on her stomach where one of the stalkers sliced her with a knife.

'Something to remember this experience.' Hitomi thought.

Then her mind wondered back to before she was knock out.

'I swear I was at least a foot and a half off the ground.' Hitomi then got put of bed and stood in the middle of her room. After a couple futile attempts to rise off the ground she gave a frustrated growl. As she did, the drawers of her dresser came flying out of their places, scattering clothes around her room. Hitomi just stood there gazing around her room, afraid to even move.

After a few seconds a familiar blue column of light surrounded her as she was being lifted in the air. At that moment Hitomi's mother opened the door to see what all the noise was. But all she saw was the smiling face of her daughter as she faded away with the blue light.

"At least she'll be happy now" Mrs. Kanzaki said as she closed the door to Hitomi's room and went back down stairs with a smile on her face and a single tear rolling down her cheek.

Hitomi felt a strong pair of arms wrap around her waist as she was traveling through the light before falling unconscious again. One thought in her mind. 'Van I'm back.'

AN - Well, did it suck or not? :P I hope everyone who reads this will review, even if you didn't like it. Ja ne! ^_^