Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Hitomi's New Life ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AN - Well, I'm glad that I'm getting some visits. Since there are no reviews I'm going to guess that nobody hates it, and hope that you like it. Oh well, I'll continue to write more chapters. Enjoy!
 
Disclaimer - I do not own any of the Escaflowne characters. But it would be cool if I did though. ^_~
 
Chapter 2
 
The strong arms that were around Hitomi's waist before were now gone and she felt herself laying in a soft bed. When she finally opened her eyes she saw that she was in a very big bedroom. As Hitomi looked around she noticed that it was actually quite empty for the amount of space that it had.
 
All she saw in her new room was the four-poster bed she was laying in, on each side of her bed were two small dressers with a candle on one of them, to her left was a big balcony and to her right was a door which she guessed led out to the hall. on the other side of the room was a table and a single chair. There was also another opened door to the left of her bed with what she saw was a bathtub inside.
 
"Ooo, my own bathroom!" Hitomi squealed as she got out of bed. But as she was walking to the bathroom, her arm was pulled back. Looking at her arm, she saw that a rope was tied to her wrist. "What the . . .?" Hitomi's gaze followed the rope and to her surprise the other end of the five foot long rope was tied to one of the posts of her bed.
 
Hitomi walked back and sat on her bed, working with the knot on her wrist, trying to untie it. But doing so only made the rope tighten, hurting her wrist. She was becoming a little confused as to why Van would have her tied to her bed. After a few more minutes of tightening the knot instead of loosening it, Hitomi gave up on that one and tried untying the one on the bed post.
 
As what felt like hours to Hitomi, but were actually minutes, went by there was no improvement on the knot. Hitomi then started getting really frustrated. Her frustration grew until she couldn't bare it anymore.
 
"Aaarrrggg!" As Hitomi yelled the air in the room became unsettled and soon there was a huge wind storm in her bedroom, blowing everything from their places and knocking stuff down. And just like what happened back in her room on the Mystic Moon, the drawers from her dressers flew out from their places.
 
As the wind blew on, Hitomi sat on the bed, terror taking over the features on her face as she watched what was going on around her. As well as the wind the ground become unsettled and started trembling. All the while her pendant was growing brighter and brighter. She was about to scream for help, but then she remembered what happened the last time she screamed.
 
'Am I doing this? I can't be, that's impossible!' Hitomi's thoughts were racing through her head so fast, she didn't even notice some one entering the room.
 
"Hitomi." The sound of the familiar voice saying her name made Hitomi jump. Walking in her room, closing the door behind him, stood the man with spiky blue hair and a tear drop tattoo under his left eye Hitomi knew all too well.
 
"Folken?" Hitomi asked shielding her eyes from the wind, trying to see. "What's going on? Make it stop!"
 
"Only you can make it stop. You need to calm down." Folken said in a steady voice.
 
"Calm down?! How can I calm down when this is happening!?" Hitomi yelled, now getting angry which only made the wind blow harder.
 
"You're only making it worse by yelling like that Hitomi. Just breath."
 
Hitomi looked at him skeptically before doing as he said, realizing that he was right about it becoming worse. She took a few deep breaths and eventually calmed down. When she did, the wind storm disappeared and the ground had calmed.
 
"You made quite a mess didn't you?" Folken said as he picked up the fallen chair, placed it by Hitomi's bed and sat next to her.
 
"Folken, where am I? What happened? Why . . ." Hitomi's questions were cut off when Folken placed his human hand on her mouth.
 
"I'll answer all of your questions, but one at a time please." He smiled as he removed his hand from her mouth. Hitomi just looked at him for a second. She's never seen Folken smile before.
 
"Okay, where am I? Am I in Fanalia?"
 
"That was two." Folken said smiling again. "But anyway, no you're not in Fanalia. You're on Zaiboch's main floating fortress, the Vione. I brought you here using one of Dornkirk's machines."
 
"Why? Why are we in Zaiboch, I thought that you were on Fanalia's side?" Hitomi asked bitterly.
 
"No, I pretended to be on Fanalia's side so I can help you. But you went back to the Mystic Moon before I could. So to my dismay, that was a waste of time. As well as a big headache."
 
"I don't need any of your help. If you're going to try to use me as bait to kill Van it won't work!" Hitomi said as she turned her back to Folken.
 
"And I'm not going to use you to get Van. That's between me and him, you have nothing to do with it. And it looked like you needed my help to calm that wind storm you caused." He said with a smirk in his face. At these words Hitomi looked over her shoulder at him.
 
"So I did do that." Folken only nodded. "How?"
 
"You're of Kalafae blood." Hitomi turned around to hear what Folken had to say. "Want a history lesson? Kalafaes are an ancient race of people who also lived in Atlantis with the Draconians. While Draconians grew wings and possessed the power of Atlantis, they did not possess the magic of Atlantis, the Kalafaes did. Kalafaes have very powerful magical abilities. Legends say that it came from the 'Rubies of the Sky'." Folken nodded his head towards Hitomi's pendant. "They are able to control the weather and the elements to their liking. They are able to defy gravity, or fly, and were well known for their ways of destruction.
 
"While living in Atlantis, the Draconians and the Kalafaes lived in peace. The Draconians allowed the Kalafaes access to their energists, which is why you have one, and in return the Kalafaes shared their knowledge of Gaia and the Mystic Moon. But even though they lived in alliance it was prohibited for them to marry or have any other relationship other than friendship. Such a rule was greatly forced on because of the unknown powers that an offspring would possess. Neither race was willing to risk it.
 
"At the destruction of Atlantis, more Kalafaes were destroyed than Draconians so there are very few left. While the surviving Draconians scattered through out Gaia, the surviving Kalafaes were sent to live on the Mystic Moon. Which is where you're from."
 
Hitomi sat on the bed with her jaw dropped in amazement. Her head spinning with all the newly aquired information. After a few minutes of taking in what Folken had just said, Hitomi finally spoke.
 
"So I'm a descendent of the Kalafae people?" Folken nodded. "Why didn't my parents tell me this?"
 
"Either they didn't know themselves because in some cases the abilities of a Kalafain are sleeping within if one doesn't know of them. Or, they never told you for fear of what my occur afterwards."
 
"Okay, and you brought me here, all the way from the Mystic Moon, to tell me this?"
 
"Yes to tell you. And to teach you how to control you powers."
 
"Why do you want to teach me? It's not like we're friends, or even allies for that matter."
 
"There are two reasons why I want to teach you. One, because I want us to be allies, for you to trust me. And two, if you don't know how to control yourself you'll eventually be the cause of the destruction of your world. And without the Mystic Moon hanging above Gaea, Gaea will also be destroyed."
 
Hitomi stared at Folken with fear in her eyes. "Okay, teach me. But you're a Draconian, how are you going to teach me Kalafae magic?"
 
"Van's father, King Gaou, is not my biological father. My Draconian mother, Varie, had an affair with a Kalafae man. Even though it was phorbiden, they went along with it anyways. The result of her affair was me, a half Draconian half Kalafae child. Not such a danger as they had thought. Dornkirk taught me all there is to know about their magic before he died, so I will teach you all I know."
 
There was an awkward silence as Hitomi saw the shame Folken had for his mother.
 
"Van doesn't know and nor will he. Understand?" The change of tone in Folken's voice startled Hitomi. She nodded. "Good." His voice calmed. Folken then took out a small knife from his pocket and cut the rope, freeing Hitomi's wrist. Rubbing her raw wrist, Hitomi gave Folken a questioning look.
 
"Your new home is now the Vione. You may walk around as you please, the only places off limits are the living quarters on this floor. Any other places you may go. Keep in mind that you are not a prisoner, but if you escape I'll bet it will be very difficult for you to find a living Kalafae to teach you how not to kill yourself."
 
Hitomi stiffened at the thought of her own abilities killing her.
 
"If you ever need to talk to me, you can find me in the study hall on the floor below us. When eating you are to sit next to me, the dining hall is also on the floor below us along with the main library and the kitchen. I have informed everyone of your stay and they know that you are not an intruder and are not to hurt you. If anyone does try to harm you tell me at once. If you can not find me the Dragon Slayers will help, there is no need to be afraid of them. No one knows about the Kalafaes or their magic. Let's keep it that way."
 
"Of course." Hitomi said half smiling.
 
'Maybe it won't be so bad here after all.' She thought.
 
"When talking about me or to me you are to refer to me as 'Lord Folken'. Otherwise you can just call me 'Folken'. But always refer to Dilandau as 'Lord Dilandau'. I've heard about you standing up to him, just stay out of his way, okay? He's not very fond of your stay."
 
"Okay."
 
"Good. Now, change into this and come down for lunch. You do not fit in with those clothes." Folken handed Hitomi her new clothes and headed for the door.
 
"Folken." Folken turned around to hear what Hitomi has to say. "Just because you're training me, doesn't mean I'm on your side. Remember that."
 
"And you remember that if you try to use your magic against me you will fail. I'm a lot more powerful than you are."
 
"I know." Hitomi said smiling.
 
"And who knows, maybe you will decide to join us. But for now, welcome to Zaiboch Hitomi Kanzaki." And before Hitomi could say anything against her deciding to join, Folken left the room.
 
"I guess for now I'm a Zaiboch resident. Sorry Van. I'll see you again some day, I hope." Hitomi said as she started getting changed in to her new clothes.
 
 
AN - Well there it is. The second chapter of my story. If you read, please review. Thanks. Ja ne!