Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







"Aren't you coming, Hitomi?" asked Yukari.

"No… it just wouldn't be right. This is your last chance to see Amono before he leaves-" Hitomi started.

"It's your last chance too!" argued Yukari.

"But I wouldn't feel right tagging along on your date. I'm sure you understand," Hitomi said, knowing that Yukari wouldn't argue with that.

"Fine, Kanzaki… but you are missing out." Yukari turns to leave.

"Tell Amono that I said goodbye!" Hitomi yells after her.

Hitomi went to her backyard and looks at the stars. Van is so far away. If only I could see him one last time. As her silvery tears fall onto her pendant she becomes vaguely aware that she is being bathed in light. Then darkness engulfs her.

* * *

Hitomi hears a voice telling her to wake up and sees a very blurry face, since she hasn't had time to fully awake. "Mom?" she asked, not sure of who it was.

"Meow?" questioned the voice.

Hitomi jumped up. "Merle!" she shouted. "I'm back in Finelia!"

"Um… yeah. But Lord Van is waiting! You were supposed to be up for dinner 30 minutes ago!" Merle exclaimed.

Hitomi gets up to get dressed, and Merle leaves the room.

Merle mutters, "That girl is weird… really weird…"

Hitomi gets ready and heads downstairs. Van is waiting for her in the dining room, alone. I thought there was going to be dinner here… yet the table has nothing on it. And why does Van have that look on his face; it seems almost sad or nervous, she thinks.

"Hitomi!" Van is delighted that she is finally here.

"Van," she returns the greeting.

"I have something very important so say… please be seated," he says, still seeming very nervous.

Hitomi sits, awaiting the terrible news she is sure will come.

"Since Finelia is almost rebuilt," he begins, "I am the king once again… but no king can successfully rule a kingdom without a queen by his side."

"Van…" she says quietly.

"Hitomi, I love you. And I want you to be my queen," Van says with his soft eyes begging her to say yes.

"Van, I love you to. But-" She begins.

"You don't need to tell me your answer now, but please think about it. It would mean the world to me is you would become my queen, but in no way do I want to pressure you into it," he replies, scared that she will answer no.

"But Van-" Hitomi starts