Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







Hitomi fought the urge to run. That might have been the solution that she went for in the past, but words from Millerna rang in her head, "You're so childish, Hitomi."

Seeing that he wasn't going to get an answer, at least not the one he was looking for, Van sullenly walks to the courtyard. As soon as Van is gone Hitomi runs outside in search of Millerna. When she suddenly remembered that Millerna, Allan, Selena, and Dryden are all in Asturia. Hitomi sits on the curb. "Aww… I guess I have to talk to Merle until I can find a ride out there. But Merle will be crushed," she says to herself.

Hitomi goes up to her room to crash on her bed. But, like usual, Merle is rummaging through her bag. Hitomi doesn't notice Merle (she is too pre-occupied) and falls on her.

"Hey!" Merle hisses. "Watch what you're doing, or else I'll use you for a scratching post!" Merle finally noticed how upset Hitomi is. She crawls up to where Hitomi is sprawled on the bed. "What's the matter?"

"You wouldn't understand, Merle," Hitomi says, although Merle will obviously disagree.

"Well, Miss Priss, I happen to know a lot more than you think. I heard that Lord Van is going to propose to you! Oops… wasn't supposed to tell you! Please don't tell Lord Van that I spoiled the surprise!" Merle starts going into hysterics.

"Merle, don't worry. He already proposed to me; you didn't ruin anything," Hitomi comforts her.

"Then what's that matter. You should be glad that Lord Van wants to marry you! God Hitomi… you are such an ingrate sometimes!" Merle scolds her.

"I am glad, but at the same time I don't think I can take the responsibility. I'm only 15! I can't possible help rule a country!" Hitomi explains.

"Well," Merle starts, "you could talk to Millerna about it. We could go to Asturia tomorrow."

"How do you suppose we are going to do that? Van took out the energist from Escaflowne," Hitomi asks.

Mr. Mole walks in.

"Mr. Mole! What are you doing here? I though you were in Asturia with Millerna and Allen," Hitomi exclaims.

Mr. Mole takes the pager out of his pocket that he stole from her before Merle started rummaging through her bag. "I found this of yours, and figured that you might want it back. But I couldn't help but to over-hear. You needn't worry about going there. Princess Millerna and company are planning on coming here. It seems that news spreads rather quickly through these parts," Mr. Mole says.

"When are they planning on coming?" Hitomi asks.

"Tomorrow or the day after…. something like that. You can never be too sure with these sort of things," Mr. Mole says, neglecting to tell her that he is the one to spread to news to Millerna. "Well, I had better go… it seems that there is much to do… Much to do."

Meanwhile Van is outside on the roof, looking at the night sky. "Brother, how I wish you were here. You were always better at these sorts of matters. And if all goes well I would have been grateful for your attendance at the wedding ceremony," Van says to the stars.

Suddenly Merle jumps onto the roof beside Van. "Merle!" Van exclaims in surprise.

"Are you worried, Lord Van?" Merle asks quietly.

Van sighs, "Yes, I am rather uneasy, Merle."

"Don't worry Lord Van. It will all turn out okay," Merle comforts him. "And if she says no, you always have me."

A star twinkles in the heavens.