Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







The next day on Asturia Mr. Mole is going through Millerna's jewels, frantically throwing them into his pockets.

"Mr. Mole! What are you doing in here?!" Millerna asks, trying to ignore the fact that he is stealing from her.

"I have urgent news to tell you, Princess Millerna. I just thought I would wait for you in here," Mr. Mole explained, also trying to ignore the fact that he was stealing.

"What is this urgent news?" Millerna asks, suddenly curious.

"Hitomi Kanzaki is back and Lord Van proposed to her. I think she wants you for moral support in this important decision," Mr. Mole explained.

Millerna jumped up with joy for her friend. "I'd better get ready to go then!"

Mr. Mole holds out his hand expecting something in return for delivering the news.

"Take whatever you threw into your pocket as your tip," Millerna says, annoyed.

Mr. Mole slumps out of her room defeated.

Millerna throws her many outfits and such into her trunks and sends message to Allen and Selena. Intending to tell Dryden herself.

After having most of the preparations for the trip ready she finds Dryden. "I'd love to get away from my simple merchant work, but I'm not entirely sure that I'd be needed. Plus, I couldn't imagine being stuck on a ship with Allen for that long again," he replied to her question.

"If they do get married you will just be sent for again. And I doubt you'd want to miss any of the festivities," Millerna tried to convince him.

"But if they don't get married then I will just have to leave again, still not having any purpose for being there," Dryden argued.

"Don't you want to see Hitomi again? Didn't she save us at our wedding?" Millerna exclaimed, bothered by Dryden's selfishness.

"My apologies, Princess. I completely forgot about that valiant act. She must be repaid. I will accompany you to Fanelia," Dryden finally gave in.

Soon they are all ready and head for Fanelia.

Meanwhile in Fanelia Hitomi is hiding near the market/harbor with Merle.

"You're CRAZY, Hitomi! Anyone except you would jump at the offer to marry the King of Fanelia! You love him… HE loves you… it should all just work out!" Merle says a little too loudly. People turn and look at them. "Oops," mutters Merle, seeing that she may have just spread the news a little prematurely.

"Merle!" scolds Hitomi quietly. "Maybe we should go where there are less curious ears."

They walk to an empty street. The people who were once listening go back to their lives, yet don't entirely ignore what they heard.

"I do love Van," explained Hitomi softly, "but I need a little more time to sort through all of this. I hope Millerna and Allen are coming soon. I need someone to talk to."

Merle sneers at that remark, "Well, Miss Priss, I thought you were talking to me, but I must not be good enough to talk to." Merle licks her hand and begins to scamper off.

"Wait Merle! I didn't mean to offend you!" Hitomi yells after her. Merle ignores her and runs to the castle.

"Where could Lord Van be?" asks Merle to herself. She jumps up the castle wall and sits outside the window of Van's study. There she overhears him talking to himself.

"Where could Hitomi be? I hope I didn't scare her away again. I can't live without her," Van sobs at the very thought. "Oh brother, I miss you so much."

Merle, unable to take anymore of Van's crying, jumps though the window. "Whatcha doing, Lord Van?" she asks, sitting beside him on his desk.

"Nothing Merle, just thinking," Van replies.

"About her, isn't it?" Merle says with a bit of jealousy in her voice.

Van says nothing.

"You have no need to worry about Hitomi anymore," Merle starts, "she ran away this morning. A big beam of light got her again."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry about the lack of an author's note… ok, so far I have 24 parts in the story, but it is far from done. I will try to keep you posted as to how many there will be… and I will try to post a new one every day.