Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







"She what???" asked Van in disbelief.

"She said something about not being able to take the pressure and ran off. Further down the street I saw a big beam of light pick her up," Merle said, trying to hide the sadistic grin that she was feeling on the inside.

"No…" Van whispered, trying to hide his hurt from his cat friend.

A messenger walks into the room. "Sire, a ship has arrived. Princess Millerna, Allen and Celena Schezar, and Dryden are aboard. They wish to see you and Lady Hitomi."

"I'll be present, however it seems that Lady Hitomi has taken her leave," Van replies, acting and looking very sovereign.

"I will send message to them at once," the messenger bows and exits the study.

From her spot on the desk Merle grins. "Would you like to join me, Merle? This might be the last chance for a while that we get so see our friends again," Van asks.

"Certainly, Lord Van. Thank goodness you're alright after the horrible news about Hitomi, thank goodness," Merle replies.

Van's face drops, showing the sadness in his eyes. They walk out to the ship awaiting them.

Dryden walks up to Van. "I heard about the news. So, where is the little lady?" Dryden asks, innocently enough.

Van replies, his eyes filled with sadness, "Merle saw her run away. She went back to the mystic moon."

They gasp with disbelief. "Sorry to hear that, Van," Allen comforts. Allen walks away a little sad for himself as well.

"I'll be okay," replies Van. "Millerna, you may stay in Hitomi's room if you like. It has a wonderful view of the courtyard."

"Thank you Van," Millerna replies politely.

"And Dryden…" Van starts.

Dryden holds up hand, "No need to bother, Your highness, I will stake out a spot with the other merchants," he says willfully.

"If you insist, but it would be no bother. Remember that we always have a room for you here. Especially after what you did for Escaflowne… and me," Van replies.

They take their bags and head toward the castle.

By now Allen is in the courtyard. He notices a figure sitting in the shade of the tree. "Hitomi? Is that you, my little friend?" he asks quietly and to himself.