Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







Hitomi turns around suddenly. "Allen?" she asks in disbelief, although she knew they would be coming soon.

"Yes, I'm here. But I'm a little surprised that you are," he replies.

"What do you mean? Mr. Mole said that you guys knew I was here and about the proposal," Hitomi asks, still confused and oblivious to the lie that Merle told.

"It seems that Van is under the impression that you left for the Mystic Moon again," Allen explains.

"I don't understand why he'd think that-" Hitomi starts. Merle jumps out of the tree suddenly. "Merle?!?!" Hitomi exclaims, surprised.

"Um… I kinda told Van that you left. It was a joke, Hitomi, I didn't mean to upset you," Merle apologizes. Even though truth is that she was just jealous and angry. "I'm sorry." Merle then scampers off again.

Hitomi gets to her feet. "What should I do, Allen? I'm not ready to help rule a country or get married. But I love Van," Hitomi quietly confides in Allen, fighting back her tears.

"Hitomi, as long as love is there nothing else matters. Love defeats all obsticals. But if you really aren't ready you should just tell him. I'm sure Van would understand," Allen advises.

Hitomi hugs Allan. "Thanks for all of your help and support," she whispers. Just then Van walks by. Oh no, Van thinks, not the kissing incident again! She must really love Allen. Van stares in disbelief and horror. Then turns to run away.

"Van! Wait! It's not what you think!" Hitomi yells after Van. She lets go of Allen and sort of pushes him aside as she runs after Van. She easily catches up to him because she was in track and he is carrying his heavy sword. When he won't stop she tackles him. Hitomi grabs onto his hand as they are both sitting on the ground.

"Van, I can explain," she starts.

"No need to. I can see that you love Allen," he contorts with a grimace.

"Of course I do, but only as a friend. I love you Van, I love you more than anyone or anything. But please give me some more time to think about it," Hitomi begs.

He kisses her. As she looks into his watery, brown eyes she says, "Please Van…" Hitomi gets up and leaves for her room, leaving Van sitting on the ground alone.

So you didn't leave me, Hitomi, he thinks, I love you. And never want to think I've lost you again.
Part 6 in progress!