Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







In her room Hitomi is surprised to find that Millerna was there sitting on her bed. "Hitomi! You're here!" Millerna exclaims in surprise, although she saw what happened through the window.

"Hi Millerna," Hitomi greeted.

"So… Van asked you to marry him… what are you going to say?" Millerna asked.

"I don't know," Hitomi slumped onto the bed. "I want to say yes, but I don't know if I'm ready to help rule a country… or for that kind of commitment!"

"Hitomi, being royalty isn't that bad. The way you are living now is practically like being royalty. And I was married to Dryden, and I'm perfectly happy!" Millerna replied.

"Yeah… I guess that's true…" Hitomi started.

"Why don't you do a tarot reading, Hitomi?" Millerna asked.

"You know I don't do fortune telling anymore, Millerna," Hitomi argued.

"You have nothing to lose, and it could help your decision," Millerna explained.

"You're right… it could be a big help in making a decision. And if I don't agree with it I don't have to follow it," Hitomi agreed.

Hitomi took her cards out of her pocket and set them down in the Celtic cross spread, as usual.

"Lovers, nine of serpents, sun… it says that we are truly in love and will be happy and have our wishes fulfilled. It also says that we will accomplish greatness." Hitomi started, tears of joy beginning to fill her eyes. "Emperor, empress, wheel of fortune… we will help Fanelia get its well deserved destiny, through our personal vision."

"See," Millerna said, very happy for her friend, "it was meant to be."

"I need to find Van!" Hitomi exclaimed as she raced out the door.

She ran through the castle and leaped down the stairs, not even worried about her own safety. She skid to a halt when she saw Van talking to ambassadors from Asturia and Freid.

"But your Highness… the threat from Zaibach is not over. There are troops on the borders of Asturia as we speak!" the ambassador of Asturia exclaimed.

"The threat from Zaibach should be over," Van argued, "Emperor Dornkirk was killed, as were most of their troops and Guymelefs. There is no longer a threat from Delandau or…" he pauses, "Falcon."

"But Sire, we saw it with our own eyes, the threat is very real," the ambassador from Freid explained.

Hitomi gasped. 'Not again!' she thought, 'I don't want to go through this again!' Hitomi considered running away, but decided to listen to the rest of it.

"See if you can speak with the ambassadors or Zaibach. We need not attack yet. This may be avoided," Van orders.

"Yes, your Highness," they agree. They bow their heads in respect and leave.

'Wow, Van has really grown up. In the past he would have jumped at the chance to fight. He is going to be a wonderful King,' she thinks.

Van leaves the hall as well and runs into Hitomi. "Hitomi, you wanted to speak with me?" Van asks.

"I guess it can wait… it seems that you have a lot to deal with right now," Hitomi replies.

"I do have a lot to deal with, it seems that Zaibach is back and ready to fight, but I can always make time for you, Hitomi," Van argues.

"No, it seems that I'm always getting in the way! I don't want to ruin things again!" she suddenly exclaims beginning to cry.

"But you never have ruined things, Hitomi. You helped so much last time. If it weren't for you I would have been killed by the guymelefs with the stealth cloaks," Van comforts.

"It was because of my wishes, and not believing in you guys, and my pendant that caused so many people to die and get hurt," Hitomi sobs.

"It wasn't you! In fact, you saved my life many times. With your tarot cards and pendant you have done so much for us," Van argued… unaware of his raise in voice.

Hitomi, despite Van's comforting, ran to her room sobbing.

Van tried to shake off what had just happened and went to find his trusted advisors.