Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Twenty ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







"Lower us down," Allen ordered. He and Van were inside of a basket for lowering or picking up people. "I want you to fly to the point where you can just see us, and be back in due time if needed."

"Ok, Commander," Gaddes replied.

"If no sooner, be back in 2 hours," Allen commanded.

"Aye, sir," Gaddes then lowered them down into the treacherous desert.

They plod through the desert until the reached him. He had been waiting for them the whole time. "You dare face the great Lingrad… pitiful fools. But you shall see no pity from me," with that he zapped the crusade back to Fanelia.

* * *

"What's happening?!?!" exclaimed Hitomi as she and the rest of the crew were thrown all over the Crusade.

Millerna was thrown into Dryden's arms was the ship lurched forward. "Thanks," she weakly responded.

"It looks like-" Merle started, "It looks like we are back in the courtyard of Fanelia. They all gasped with disbelief.

* * *

"Now it seems that even if you killed me, you wouldn't have a way back," Lingrad taunted. "It seems that you shall be eaten by the buzzards, or more likely the giant desert dragons that prowl around these parts. I knew I could lure you here by saying I would take over Fanelia."

"You shan't get away with this, you fiend!" Allen shouted.

"Watch and see," again Lingrad taunted them. The same black light came to pick him up again, but this time Van and Allen were ready. It seems that they had the same idea and charged at him tearing Lingrad into many pieces. The black light stopped and Lingrad's many pieces fell onto the hot sand, the black blood seeping into the golden granules of sand.

"That was easy, too easy," said Van suspiciously.

"I think that old sorcerer had more in mind than taking over," Allen said. "I bet this was more of a plan to have us die in the desert."

"We have to get away from his corpse," Van said, "the blood will attract the desert dragons."

"Where can we go?" asked Allen. "We will surely perish in the desert. We have no water; we couldn't last more than a couple of days."

* * *

By now the unhappy travelers had unpacked and gone back to the rooms. Suddenly Hitomi had a vision

Van and Allen were stranded in the desert. A pack of hungry desert dragons had them surrounded. One struck at Van pinning him to the ground with one gigantic claw. It then took liberty to sink his teeth into him. The blood flew all over the place.

"What is it, Hitomi?" asked Merle.

"WE MUST SAVE VAN!" shouted Hitomi with tears in her eyes and fear in her heart.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
I'm still not done updating it… I'm on part 27 now, I believe… I shall soon have it finished… but NO ONE SEEMS TO READ IT! So if u read it, please be a dear and review it… thank you