Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Nineteen ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







The crew had all piled into the Crusade, and Gaddes was reluctantly flying them to the Great Desert. Everyone knew how treacherous it was to fly above it, let alone confront a wizard of incredible power once you get there. The trip is incredibly long, and often proves quite eventful. Such seems to be the case.

* * *

Dryden was in a room reading up on the Great Desert, so he can be prepared to give advice once they get there. Suddenly there was a gentle tapping on his door. "Who's there?" he asked, wondering who disturbed his reading.

"It's me, Millerna," she responded walking into the door.

"Ah, Princess. What brings you here?" he asked, suddenly curious.

"I was wondering if you could tell me a little about what to expect in the Great Desert?" Mililani coyly asked.

"Why certainly, Princess," Dryden replied, "they don't say that my intelligence is second to none for nothing." And with that he began to tell her all about the history of it, all the meanwhile she was looking into his eyes and falling more and more in love with him.

* * *

Allen was looking out of the window, thinking about Chid and the fact that he left him behind without so much as a goodbye. Unexpectedly someone lightly put a hand on his shoulder. "You should have told him," it was Hitomi.

"I did," he replied indifferently.

"What happened?" she wondered.

"He was surprised, but he hugged me," Allen responded. "And I left him. I left my son to rule a country by himself, and didn't even say goodbye."

"I think you were as surprised as he was," Hitomi comforted.

"I just don't know what to do. I think it is almost better if I leave him to rule Freid. He should grow up to be a strong ruler, and I'm not sure if I could help him with that," Allen explained.

"Chid is strong. Whatever you decide I'm sure he'll be able to handle," Hitomi smiled, thinking of Chid and the power of the stars.

* * *

"Find me again, Lord Van!" Merle exclaimed hiding behind another piece of furniture.

Van saw the pendant in his mind; it pointed to behind the bookshelf. "Behind the bookshelf," he said and pointed.

"You found me!" Merle was still as happy with Van on the 257th time as on the first. Van, however, wasn't.

"Please Merle, no more," Van begged exasperated.

"Fine, Lord Van, I guess we've done that enough," Merle said defeated. She sat quietly for a minute or two, allowing Van to sit and think for a little while.

"Ok, how about I hide my nail file and then you find it!" Merle then burst out gleefully. Then she scampered to go hide it. "No fair looking, Lord Van. Close your eyes," Merle demanded.

Van just sighed and closed his eyes, and began to doze off, oblivious to the whole world, especially Merle.

* * *

Millerna had been listening to Dryden talk for a long time. Even a person interested in the subject would have fallen asleep by then. Suddenly Millerna blurt out, "I think that breaking up was all wrong. I still love you, even if you want to be a merchant. I don't have to become the Queen and you won't have to be King. We could run away to another country if you want to. We could see the world-" Dryden cut her off with a kiss.

"I would like that very much," he replied.

* * *

Celena had been talking to Gaddes. "Well, I think we have him right there," said Gaddes pointing to the ground. "That dark lone figure could very well be the wizard that the boss was talking about." Gaddes called Allen in.

"That's him alright. Now he shall pay for what he did to Balgus," Allen stated with vigor.