Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Twenty-four ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







By now Gaddes was flying the Crusade and they were on their way back to Freid. Hearts were heavy as all of them had been through so much already, yet were going back for more.

Allen was still in the desert, dead for as much as they knew. Celena had turned back into Dilandau and would for sure put up quite a fight. The army was weakened, but still capable of putting up a fight (with or without Balgus and the sorcerer.)

Gaddes, who was usually a great pilot, was having much difficulty flying them there. They were bouncing all over the place, despite the fact that they weren't under attack and the weather wasn't that bad. Eventually Gaddes came to his senses and gave the wheel back to Kio. Gaddes then found himself a room in the back to sit and think.

Van was staring out of the window thinking about Balgus. It hadn't been easy killing him, even if he wasn't himself. Merle couldn't watch Van look so sad any longer, so she crept up and decided to stand next to him, so that they could look sad together.

Hitomi was deeply saddened by Van's depression, but had a bit of thinking to do for herself. A lot had happened yet again. And even more was to come. Did she really want to stay here forever? Surely this would continue to happen. 'Fighting begets fighting, and then the fighting starts anew.' There could be no fight to stop fighting, such a concept is a total contradiction, for you would be alienating your own ideals. Sure she loved Van, but is that enough to stay there for?

They finally reached within the limits of Freid, but spirits were low. And fighting with a low morale is never a good idea, but one can't exactly help it sometimes.

* * *

"It's so beautiful!" Dilandau said, in awe of his blood red guymelef. "Lovely! Now I can crush Allen Schezar for good!" Remembering her brother, a little bit of Celena came out of Dilandau. "Brother…" he sighed.

"What's that, Lord Dilandau?" asked the mechanic, hoping that the guymelef met his requirements.

"Nothing, I think I'll take if for a test drive," Dilandau replied.

"I have orders saying that this guymelef is not to leave the anchorage until the general says so," the mechanic argued.

"Is that so?" a sadistic grin spread across Dilandau's face and he swing is hand out to slap the mechanic.

"I think it is best that you leave the guymelef storage area," contorted the mechanic, catching Dilandau's hand.

"Very well," replied Dilandau defeated, "I do need a bit of rest."

Just then the alarm sounded. "Intruders entering the fourth quadrant. All personnel report to the hanger with their guymelefs. Prepare to attack!" This caused a wave of soldiers going to get their guymelefs, going to the hanger, and flying out of the ship.

Taking advantage of the confusion, Dilandau got into his guymelef and flew out of the ship. If it weren't for the attack about to be launched on the Crusade, someone would have stopped him from going in the opposite direction, right for the Great Desert.

"Brother…" Celena's voice was growing stronger in Dilandau's head.