Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Twenty-five ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







"Ugh…" Allen groaned. He was still lying in the cave, on a puddle of his own blood. "I had probably better leave this cave. The dragons could come back any minute now, and no one could ever find me in this cave," he said to himself. Thus he staggered out of the cave into the desert.

* * *

"We have company," muttered Gaddes, grabbing the wheel. He tried to steer them away from the enemy guymelefs that were tailing them.

"Just land down there," ordered Van… preparing to get into Escaflowne.

"But majesty! You alone cannot take out an enemy of that size!" Gaddes argued.

"Yeah," agreed Piro.

"But we need to! There is no chance of escaping them!" Van shouted back.

"We'll see about that!" Gaddes replied, speeding up the Crusade and trying to make a break for it.

* * *

"Ah ha! I think I see him in the distance. You are mine, Allen Schezar!" Dilandau shouted, despite the obvious fact that there was no possible way that Allen could have heard him. Dilandau made his way there incredibly fast. That new guymelef was really powerful, and could easily out-move Escaflowne, given the chance.

"HUH!?! The red guymelef! But that would be Dilandau's… that's not possible…" then it came to him. "Oh no! Celena turned back into Dilandau!"

"Brother!" Celena was much stronger now, and took over. As the guymelef sped towards the unaware Allen, she had fully taken over. Celena scooped Allen up into the guymelef's giant hand, much to his surprise. Then they sped off, towards Freid.

* * *

"Didn't you say that there were still Asturian and Freidan troops still at Freid?" Hitomi asked.

"Yes, that's right," replied Gaddes.

"Well, we would probably do a lot better with the help of the troops there. We can't run forever; we will eventually be caught," said Hitomi, worried.

"Right," replied Gaddes. He then swiftly flew them there, avoiding guymelefs right and left.

The people at Freid were none too glad to see them. They managed to bring a whole fleet of Guymelefs with them. Upon landing Chid ran up to the ship.

"Is Allen Schezar on board?" Chid asked anxiously.

They all looked sad, but no one replied. Finally Millerna decided that she had best tell him. "Would you care to go inside with me?" They walked inside and found a room away from prying ears. "Prince Chid?"

"Yes, Aunt Millerna?" he replied.

"Well, when we left here a few days ago we chased a sorcerer into the Great Desert-" Millerna started.

"The Great Desert!?!? I heard that it is full of dragons and that nothing else could ever survive there!" Chid exclaimed amazed.

"Yes, what you heard is probably true… Allen and Van managed to kill the sorcerer, but ended up being attacked by dragons," Millerna added, trying to put it as gently as possible.

Chid gasped. "Are they alright?"

"Hitomi wished Van back… or something like that. But Allen was left alone with the dragons. We haven't had a chance to rescue him yet," Millerna replied.

Chid started sobbing. Millerna tried to comfort him, but it seemed to be no use.

* * *

The guymelefs surrounded the castle. Being in no big hurry to destroy them, they gave them room to send out their guymelefs. Most of all they were looking for a fight.

Up from behind came the red guymelef, still carrying Allen. The red guymelef pushed through the circle of other guymelefs. Upon reaching the door, Celena let Allen down. Celena had done what she wanted to do, so Dilandau took over. "I'll deal with you later… Allen Schezar!" he exclaimed and flew off.