Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Twenty-six ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







"Allen!" exclaimed Hitomi, feeling his presence.

"What is it, Hitomi? Is something wrong?" Van asked.

"No, Allen's here. I don't know how it's possible… but he's back!" Hitomi replied, glad that her friend made it back safely.

Van was troubled by how glad Hitomi was to have Allen back, but decided just to ignore it for now. If Allen were here he would be in need of some medical attention.

Hitomi and Van ran to the door. Just as Hitomi had thought, Allen was standing there (well, kinda leaning against the wall because of his ankle.) "Here Allen, we'll help you inside," Hitomi said. They helped him inside and then onto a bench. Then they left him to Millerna.

Millerna decided that she would play doctor again. 'Oh god, not Millerna again! She doesn't know what she'd doing most of the time' Allen thought. Millerna got out her little blue bag and her book.

"Ok, well it looks like you have a broken ankle… we'll just have to chop it off then. And this gash in your shoulder… hmm… well I suppose we could always glue that," she said thoughtfully. "And I'll just have to cut your hair."

"Why my hair?" asked Allen, surprised.

"Because it looks prettier and blonder than mine," Millerna replied evilly.

"VAAAANNNN!" Allen screamed. Van entered the room.

"What is it, Allen?" he asked, annoyed.

"Millerna doesn't know what she is doing," Allen whispered.

Van left the room and returned with Dryden. "Well, it looks like maybe I should handle this, Princess." Dryden said to Millerna, "After all, my intelligence is second to none."

"Humph," replied Millerna indignantly, gathering her stuff. Dryden started binding Allen's wounds.

"There," he said upon finishing. "I have bound your wounds and rid them of the venom of those cursed desert dragons."

"Thank you," said Allen, sitting up.

"No, you mustn't open the wounds again. You have to take it easy," Dryden said, pushing him down again. Then he opened up the door and let the others in and explained the same thing to them.

"But how are we supposed to get Escaflowne back? The only possible way would be to have Allen carry me on Sherizad. The other troops will be needed for attacking the army, but wouldn't be good enough to go all the way up to the floating fortress."

"Who would be qualified enough to fly Scherizad?" asked Millerna.

"Well, it can't be Van because he needs to fly back Escaflowne…" reasoned Hitomi.

"I want Hitomi to do it," Allen suddenly said.

"Me?" Hitomi asked in wonder.

"Her?" asked Merle at the same time. "But she got kidnapped by geckos. And what if she faints again? We really can't risk Lord Van's life in her hands."

Hitomi glared at Merle. Then she realized how difficult this was going to be. "But Allen… I don't know how to work a guymelef!" Hitomi protested.

"Yes you do, Hitomi. You even taught Van to control Escaflowne with his mind," Allen encouraged.

"Isn't this a job for us knights?" Gaddes asked.

"I have full confidance in Hitomi," Allen replied, then he passed out.

'Me fly Sherizad to the floating fortress? That sounds dangerous, but if Allen thinks I can, then I'll give it a try!' Hitomi thought.

"I guess that settles it then. Hitomi and I will leave first thing tomorrow morning, but I think we could all use some rest right now," Van told everyone.

Everyone retired to their rooms to prepare for an eventful day tomorrow.