Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Twenty-seven ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







"What possible excuse could you have to explain why you went against orders and flew your guymelef to the Great Desert?" the head general demanded.

"Ah, well it was a matter involving the dragon," replied Dilandau smugly.

"But we already have his guymelef, which you brought back to us," the general replied, lightening up a bit.

"Yes, but don't you want to get the dragon himself?" Dilandau asked, quite pleased with himself.

"What use would he be to us. The destiny prognosticator engine was destroyed already. You seem to be losing your touch, Dilandau Albatou. If you don't straighten up, we will be forced to… dispose of you. And I think you know what that means," the general said, pleased that be was getting the better of Dilandau.

"It was destroyed by the dragon, but that isn't why we want him. He is one of the strongest and most deadly soldiers that they have. By bringing Allen Schezar-" Dilandau was interrupted.

"Allen Schezar? You mean that knight of Caeli. You will truly be the destruction of us, Albatou. What in the name Gaea were u thinking?" the general was obviously scared by the power that Allen possessed.

"But you have no need to worry," Dilandau was annoyed that he was interrupted. "Allen Schezar seems to be wounded pretty badly, I doubt he is any real threat…. But as I was saying… by bringing Allen Schezar back he will fly the dragon to us. And because he is so weak, we shall have no problem catching them both," Dilandau grinned at his logic.

"I suppose there is more to you than meets the eye, Lord Albatou. But I will be watching you, don't screw up. You had just better hope that your plan works," the general had to get the last word in.

Dilandau left the room. As soon as he was out of hearing range he said to himself, "That stupid old fool… well, it's good to know that I can easily out-smart him." With that Dilandau retired to his quarters.

* * *

"Do you understand, Hitomi?" Van asked.

"Of course. I fly to the flying fortress and avoid getting into any battles. I just realized one major flaw…" Hitomi realized.

"What?" asked Van.

"Scherizad can't fly," Hitomi responded.

"How could we have forgotten that major detail?" Van groaned. "Well, it was a good plan while it lasted…"

"Actually, your highness, we made some adjustments to Scherizad after the Commander left. We had been planning it for a while. We added a levistone to where the drag-energist is. We have full confidence that it should be able to fly now," Piro explained.

"Won't it fly kind of oddly? I mean, Scherizad wasn't meant to fly," Van asked.

"Don't be so snarky, your highness. Sure we know that it won't be like a dragon, but the cape should keep it balanced pretty well," he replied.

"Well, then I guess we're ready to go now. Are you ready Hitomi?" Van asked.

"I'm ready whenever you are, Van," Hitomi said, chuckling at the last time that she said almost exactly the same thing.

Hitomi climbed into Scherizad, and then grabbed Van. 'So this is why he likes flying guymelefs so much. It's so powerful, but at the same time… it's kind of horrible. Too much power is never a good thing,' she thought.

"Well, I guess we had better go then," Van said, interrupting Hitomi's thoughts.

They flew out into the early lights of day, but the enemy guymelefs weren't asleep…