Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Twenty-eight ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







Soon they were being tailed by five enemy guymelefs. Try as she might to escape, they stayed on her tail. It seemed that Hitomi would have to fight them. "Hitomi!" Van screamed as a guymelef prepared to attack Hitomi from behind.

Swiftly she turned around, blocking the enemy sword from hitting Scherizad. "Van, what should I do?" she asked suddenly.

"Land on the ground and set me down. You will be able to fight them better this way, once you've destroyed them we can go again. Remember to go straight for the energists, it will be much faster that way," he responded.

Still struggling with the enemy's sword she responded, "Right, Van." Then pushing the sword swiftly away she hovered down to the ground. Upon reaching the ground, she set Van on the ground away from the battles. Then the enemies surrounded her.

It was five against one. It was five skilled soldiers of Zaibach versus one girl from the mystic moon who had never worked a guymelef before; it was apparent who would be victorious. With all of the fury that Van could muster when he was in a rage, Hitomi destroyed the energist of one of them.

"She's better than we thought. Do think it is safe to attack her any more?" one of the Zaibachian soldiers asked the others.

"Of course, she's one against four! And that was just a lucky shot, we'll have her soon!" a rougher voice answered.

"The General will be so pleased with us!" a third exclaimed. His words were interrupted by Hitomi's sword destroying his energist.

"WHAT THE!?!?!?!" the rough voice exclaimed, and his energist was destroyed by her too.

"AHHH!" the fourth screamed as his guymelef broke down.

"I'm out of here!" the first one ran off. Hitomi considered tailing him, then she remembered her mission.

"Van!" she exclaimed, while picking him up.

The rest of the flight was rather uneventful. No more guymelefs dared chase them. They figured that finally they were in the clear, but a person forgotten for a while would soon make things difficult.

* * *

"She was fearsome! She took out four men without any difficulty! I barely escaped with my life!" the soldier exclaimed to the general.

"Ah, so Dilandau's plan backfired… how dreadful," the general said happy to finally have an argument for Dilandau. "Go fetch Lord Albatou; we must have words with him," he ordered.

"What is it, General? I was just resting," Dilandau innocently asked.

"Be careful what you say, boy. Folken Strategos may take your insolence, but I certainly don't," the general was very smug about his position of authority.

"Whatever do you mean?" asked Dilandau, still acting innocent.

"Never mind that. Now this man here tells me that because of your plan, four soldiers were killed," the general explained.

"Four soldiers is hardly a price to pay-" Dilandau was interrupted by the soldier.

"But they were some of the best soldiers! And I barely escaped with my life!" the soldier exclaimed.

"Oh really?" Dilandau asked. The general watched in horror as Dilandau slapped the soldier.

"So that is how you deal with soldiers who run away from battle, Albatou? Hardly the way to handle these sorts of things," the general corrected.

A smile momentarily spread across the soldier's face, looking smugly at Dilandau. But soon the smile faded. Then general grabbed the soldier by the neck and threw him out of the window of the floating fortress.

"Cowards! This is the price that I pay for not having a true army… such ruffians…" the general muttered to himself.

"I think we are going to get alone quite well, General Jiedulo," Dilandau replied, as a smug smile spread across his face.