Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Thirty-one ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Back at Freid the fighting was going full-fledged. Without the help of their leaders, even though they were ruffians, the enemy troops were doing poorly. It seemed that Freid would finally win.
* * *

Dilandau moaned even more. He seemed to be very much in pain. Hitomi read through the files on Dilandau. "It says that they discovered a cure for this!" she suddenly exclaimed.
"Really? Allen will be greatly pleased by this. What is the cure?" Van asked.
"It's in a vial. It should be a blue liquid labeled 'Metamorphic enhancement restoration.'" Hitomi replied. They searched high and low, finding many other vials that served many other unheard of uses. They came to the point where they were about to give up.
"Do you know where it is?" Hitomi finally asked Dilandau.
Dilandau had lost it, and began to laugh maniacally. Standing up, he stumbled toward a safe. It had been locked, but he took the key off of the necklace he had been wearing. Inside of the safe there was a cooler, he rummaged through it and found the blue vial. He held it in his hands like it was something of great worth.
Van began to worry that Dilandau would destroy the vial. "Please be good and drink the liquid, Dilandau," Hitomi begged. Dilandau began to laugh maniacally. He held the vial high above his head, prepared to drop it. Van got ready to attack Dilandau.
"Oh no, I wouldn't do that if I were you. If you so much as move an inch this little bottle will crash on the floor," Dilandau contorted. He started swinging the vial around above the ground and humming. It was clear that he was insane again.
Van growled. Unfortunately for all of them, they had forgotten about Hitomi's new power. "You know what? You guys are too boring; I'm just going to have to drop it anyway. Say 'bye, bye' to the little bottle," Dilandau then let go of it.
Suddenly Hitomi remembered. After the vial dropped from Dilandau's hands Hitomi willed it to go into her own. Van, seeing what happened, grabbed Dilandau. "Now you are going to drink it!" Van told Dilandau. Hitomi forced the burning liquid down his throat.
"ARRRG! AHHH!!! UGH!" Dilandau shrieked in pain from that horrible concoction.
"Well, I guess it didn't work," Hitomi sighed.
"Allen is going to be terribly disappointed," Van replied. "Well, I guess we can always just take him back. I'm sure someone will be able to find a cure for him."
"Ha… Millerna," Hitomi joked to herself.
Van got into Escaflowne and prepared to take off. Suddenly Dilandau screamed again. He changed into Celena. "Where am I?" she asked.
"Try to remember, Celena. Remember what Dilandau did," Hitomi asked her.
Celena thought for a moment. "Do you know of a way to destroy the floating fortress," Van asked her, suddenly interested.
"I-I think so…" Celena stammered. "Yes, there is a button inside of that safe. In the back, it gives you 5 minutes to get out of here before it explodes," she answered.
"Okay, let's do it then," Van replied. Then he pressed the button. "Hurry Hitomi! Get into Scherizad and grab Celena! I'll meet you back at Freid!"
"Okay Van!" she yelled back. Then she and Celena started running towards Scherizad.