Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Thirty ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Van went down the corridor on the right; he was supposed to be elusive like a spy, but needed to check through every hatchway. But being sneaky turned out to not really be an issue. All of the soldiers were out in combat, and only the highest officers (who they had just scared off) remained. Van finally reached the end of the passageway, but didn't find it. "Damn… that means that Hitomi will find it," he said to himself.
He leisurely placed his hand upon the wall. Suddenly a passage opened up. "Huh?" he pondered to himself. "Well, I guess it must be in here," Van muttered as he stepped inside.
* * *

Hitomi wandered down the passageway on the left. "Oh, no! I'm going to get lost in here," she worried. "And what if I run into someone?" She crept down the hallway looking side to side and wondering where Escaflowne was. Little did she know who was creeping behind her, ducking into doorways.
She has nearly searched the entire thing when the person behind her made a fatal error and nearly stumbled. But it managed to creep into a doorway before she could have a good look. "Who… who's there?" she stammered.
Silently turning around she searched for this being who was tailing her. But she wasn't perceptive enough and the person grabbed her and covered her mouth. "Mmm…. Mmm," the hand muffled her screams.
"Be quiet you foolish girl! Don't you know that I could very easily kill you?" the man said. She knew that voice.
As hard as she could possible do, she bit his hand. "Ugh… my hand. You fool!" he screamed at her.
"VAN! VAAANNNN!!! Help me!" she screamed. But from the secret door he couldn't hear her.
"Do you have a death wish or something?" Dilandau asked her.
"I know you wouldn't kill me, Dilandau. You have too much good in you," Hitomi said.
"No, I could kill you if I wanted to. But it isn't time yet," Dilandau was quite irked by her argument.
"I don't see why you don't show us how nice you really are. I'm sure that much more people would like you. Everyone likes Celena," Hitomi convinced.
"Don't even bring her up. Just don't talk about it," Dilandau seemed weakened.
"I know that you want to be Celena. You want to be loved," Hitomi was often too nice for her own good.
"Just leave me alone! I don't need you to help me!" Celena began to get stronger in Dilandau's mind.
"Why don't you go with us. I'm sure everyone will accept you. Wouldn't it be nice to stay in the castle in Fanelia?" Hitomi asked gently.
By now Dilandau was very weak. Celena was getting stronger, but he was holding on and not letting her through. "I guess that would be nice," he weakly responded, to keep Celena at bay a little while longer.
"Then let's go find Van," Hitomi said as she helped Dilandau down the passageway. Soon they came to the opening at the end of the hallway that Van was walking down. "I bet he's in there," she quietly said.
"Hitomi!" Van greeted upon seeing her. Then he noticed Dilandau, "What's wrong with him?"
"Dilandau is coming with us. He wants to be good," Hitomi responded. Van scowled slightly, he didn't have a problem with Celena but Dilandau was another issue.
Hitomi looked around. "What is this room?" she asked.
"I'm not sure," Van responded "but it looks like this flying fortress once belonged to Zaibach. This particular room looks like it was once a lab."
Van began to prepare Escaflowne. But Hitomi started looking through some old files. When she came upon some interesting documents. "Look at this," she said to Van.
"What is it?" he asked.
"It seems to be on some experiments. How awful! Did you know that Zaibach did experimentation on children?" Hitomi quietly asked Van.
Dilandau began to groan. "Oh! Look at this file… it's about Dilandau!" Hitomi exclaimed.