Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Tempest's Story ❯ The Possibilities of the Future ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I forgot about the disclaimer in the last chapter so…..I don't own Escaflowne and that's that. By the way, in case you haven't figured it out this takes place before the war at the moment. Btw, thanks to my lovely reviewers. *cries* I love you guys. To The Rave Raven: that's so awesome that we both have Raven in our pen name. If anyone wants to chat on yahoo like I said in bio, Jade_the_thief is my yahoo id.

*******

TWO YEARS LATER

Tempest was jolted awake but the sound of Dilandau yelling and shouting. He was literally chasing people out of bed and slapping them awake. She sleepily gathered up her things and headed to the showers. She stepped into a shower stall and undressed. She had the privilege of going first since she was of the opposite sex.

She heard pounding on the door to the shower room.

"Hurry up would you." Miguel said impatiently.

"Wait your fuckin' turn." she shouted back angrily.

Miguel hated her and she knew it. Why, she didn't know. He just did.

She smiled and remembered that day, when Dilandau and her had gotten into a fight. After that, the two of them were the best of friends. He and her were inseparable. They did everything together and challenged each other at everything. Equal in almost every way.

Tempest stepped out of the shower and put on the regular slaying uniform. She then opened the door to view a very disgruntled Miguel along with other patient dragon slayers.

"There. Happy?"

"Not until you keel over."

"Well good luck with that."

Tempest pushed passed him, her shoulder shoving his angrily.

She went over to Folken's lab next for her daily training in etiquette and grammar. She had gotten much better since the first time she had ever set foot in his lab to learn.

"Folken." Tempest said inclining her head at him.

"Tempest." he said doing the same.

"Enough with this proper stuff let's get this over with."

Tempest turned towards the voice.

"What are you doing here Dilandau?"

The twelve year old boy yawned carelessly.

"Have to learn how to dance."

"That so?"

"Yeah."

"Well Folken good luck with that one."

"He has to teach you too numb skull."

Tempest blinked.

"Oh? I bet I could do better then you."

"Bet you can't."

"We'll see won't we?"

"I guess we will."

Tempest wrinkled her nose at him and he smirked.

After a long hour of fighting and shouts of cooties, Folken finally taught them how to waltz.

The funny thing was that no matter how much they would fight, they would always leave the room as friends. Folken could say that Tempest was Dilandau's best friend and visa versa.

As the two left the room laughing, Folken allowed himself a minute to think about what might become of the two when they get older and have interest in the opposite sex. He shook his head and went back to his work.

That night, Tempest was awoken by Chesta, one of the slayers.

"You were having a nightmare. Are you alright?" he asked her.

Tempest smiled at the boy. She may have still been close to Dilandau but she was friends with the other slayers as well. Dilandau and Chesta were the only ones she could trust her secrets too. Gattin however, was more of someone you could go to when you were down. He'd always do everything he could to help you get back on your feet.

"Thanks Chesta, but I'm fine."

Chesta nodded and went back to his bunk which was above hers.

As soon as she thought he was back asleep she crept out of her bed and across the hall. For some reason, Dilandau had gotten his own room instead of bunking with the other soldiers. She crept into his room and went to the bed.

"Dilandau?" she whispered.

He cracked open an eye, intent on yelling on the intruder until he saw who it was.

"What's wrong Tempest?"

"I had a nightmare. Could I sleep with you?"

"Yeah."

He held the covers up so she could crawl in beside him. She always came to his room when she had a nightmare. Being such close friends, she usually told him what she dreamt of the next morning. She cuddled up to him and soon fell asleep. He put a protective arm around her and fell asleep as well.

*******

^_^ Night of the Raven