Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Tempest's Story ❯ Jealousy ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey folks. I keep typing and typing chapter after chapter for this story cause I love it soooo much. I typed the first and the second chapter last night, and as soon as I hit three reviews I put it on. So, on with the show.

********

After a long training session, everyone settled down for the health junk they called food. Tempest set down her tray between Chesta and Dilandau. They started chatting at each other, Tempest and Dilandau throwing insults at each other most of the time. Gatti sat across from them and added in his insulting comments and outrageous jokes, sending them into throes of laughter. Miguel, who sat on the other side of Dilandau, was not laughing at all. He was giving Tempest dirty looks.

He hated her. He was Dilandau's best friend before she came. Now Dilandau was too busy hanging out with Tempest to talk to him. He wishes that Tempest would just disappear from the face of Gaia. He didn't want her here. They didn't need a girl slayer. They were weak. He would make her leave. He would embarrass her and make her leave. Somehow, someway, she would pay.

After lunch, the slayers trained more and challenged each other. Like always, Tempest and Dilandau made a show of this. They constantly challenged each other and beat each other thousands of times.

In the middle of one of their little escapades, Dilandau was called by Folken.

"Dilandau." Folken said quietly.

Both Tempest and Dilandau looked up. Tempest removed got up off of her pin on Dilandau and stepped away nodding an acknowledgement at Folken.

Folken nodded back at her.

"What is it?"

"The sorcerers want to see you."

Dilandau nodded and followed.

Tempest debated whether to go with him or not. That was the only thing Dilandau feared. The sorcerers. They petrified him.

Dilandau must have saw her hesitation because he came over to her and gave her a hug.

"I'll be alright." he said in her ear.

She nodded.

"Be careful and get out of there if you must. Come to me if you need to hide. I'll hide you." she whispered.

"I will. Thank you."

Tempest nodded.

Folken put a hand on Dilandau's shoulder to escort him to the sorcerers.

Folken knew what they wanted with Dilandau. They were going to tell him that he was going to be the future captain of the dragonslayers.

Dilandau looked over his shoulder at Tempest one last time before walking out the door. Little did he know that this would be the last time he saw his childhood friend for some time.

Tempest walked slowly to the lounge area. She sat in a chair for several minutes pondering whether to check up on Dilandau or not.

"Lost without your friend are you?" someone sneered.

Tempest looked up and then looked down again tiredly.

"I'm in no mood Miguel."

"I have no idea why Dilandau hangs out with you anyway."

"Are you jealous because he hangs out with me and not you?"

"Jealous of you? Yeah right. Who would be jealous of an urchin. You are not only an urchin but a bastard as well. You have no idea who your parents are. You're probably a bother to him. He just tolerates you because you are a challenge to him. Once he surpasses you then that will be it. He won't want to have anything to do with you anymore."

Tempest swallowed. Tears were threatening to spill onto her cheeks. He wasn't right was he? But….it made sense.

Tempest rushed out of the lounge, leaving a smirking Miguel behind.

She rushed into the bunking room and sobbed. She didn't want to be here anymore. Miguel was so mean to her all the time but this topped it all. What if Dilandau really wasn't her friend? Miguel called her a bastard and he was right. She didn't have a family like some of the other boys did. It wasn't fair.

"I want to disappear. Please I just want to fade away." she sobbed like a litany, over and over again.

Then it happened.

A blue beam of light came crashing into the building and lifted her away. One thought stayed with her before she passed out.

'Dilandau was and always will be my friend no matter what anyone else says.'

Dilandau ran into the room where the slayers bunked. He had already checked the lounge and the training area. He had exciting news to tell Tempest. He was going to be commander and he wanted her to be second in command. He looked around and frowned. Where was she?

He walked up to Chesta.

"Have you seen Tempest?"

Chesta looked away and bit his lip.

"No one has seen her for hours."

"When did you last see her?"

"When Miguel was harassing her. He said some mean stuff and she left."

After putting Miguel in the infirmary with a broken wrist and a pair of shiners, Dilandau had commanded everyone to look for his best friend. No one could find her. It was as if she had disappeared off of the face of Gaia.

*****

Tell me what you think.

^_^ Night of the Raven