Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Tempest's Story ❯ Old Friends New Attitudes ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Im back I haven't put the other chap up so…..I dunno if anyone has reviewed or not. Im just so excited that the minute I finish each chap I start out the next. I would put all of them that I finish at a time, but I want this story to be more successful then Angel of the Night so…I need to leave you hangin for more reviews.

*****

"Dilandau." she said staring into his blood red eyes. Eyes that no longer held the boyish innocence she used to know.

"Tempest." he whispered.

It couldn't be her, after all these years but…..it was her. Those eyes. They were as beautiful as they used to be. No one else on Gaia has those eyes. So it had to be her. She came back.

He took a minute to study her. She had she was wearing the oddest clothes. Some type of long sleeved shirt that went almost to her knees covered up what curves she might have. Her other companions were dressed more…..revealing. He quirked a brow when one of them was looking at him with a very very high interest.

"Where have you been all these years?"

"The Mystic Moon."

The three soldiers finally reached them.

"Tempest!" Chesta said in disbelief.

"The one and only."

Gatti smirked.

"Whatcha got a baggy shirt on for?"

"Because that's what I like to wear."

"But you're friends look so hot in the clothes they wear. Why can't you be like them?"

Tempest wrinkled her nose like she used to.

"Because I'm not."

Dilandau looked back at her friends especially the one that was looking at him interested like. She was now looking at the three new boys as well with a heated glance.

"Still, its good to see you." said Chesta.

"It's good to see you too."

Chesta hugged her. Gatti did the same and Tempest felt his hand slowly crawl up the inside of her hoodie. Tempest grabbed his hand and squeezed it hard.

"OUCH!!!"

Gatti yanked his and away from her grip and gave her a hurt look.

"Hey you're the one tryin to inch up my shirt." said Tempest.

"I was curious."

"Curiosity killed the cat."

"Hands to yourself Gatti." Dilandau barked.

Tempest cringed at the harshness of his voice.

"Dilandau……."

"I suppose you want to go back to the Vione." he said harshly.

"Yeah….."

"Well c'mon then. We haven't all day."

"Whose ridding with who?"

"I don't care." Dilandau snapped.

"Aya, you ride with Chesta, Missy with Gatti, and…who else is with you? I know I saw four…."

"Errr…Miguel."

Tempest scowled.

"Ellen with Miguel and Andrea…"

Tempest looked back at Andrea. She was currently licking her lips in Dilandau's direction.

"And Andrea, if you even touch a hair on one of these boys I swear that you are dead. Miguel's 'melef can hold you."

Andrea stomped over to her.

"So you get Dilandau to yourself eh? I don't think so."

"Andrea get a clue. I hate you. Most people do."

"Only you do."

"Yeah well move."

Everyone started packing into the 'melefs. Dilandau waited impatiently for Tempest to pack into his. Once she did get in however, it turned out that the interior wasn't made for two people. She had to sit on Dilandau's lap and the walls were so close that she was pressed up against him. Dilandau set the flight mode on cruise control. He looked down at her, his eyes hard and cold. She looked at up at him fear in her eyes at the coldness projected in his.

"Do not be expected to just pick up where you left off." he said.

Tempest nodded slowly.

The rest of the ride was silent.

As soon as they had reached the Vione, Tempest climbed out of the cockpit. The others came out shortly. A high pitched scream broke the silence.

"My hair!" shrieked Andrea.

Tempest balled up her fists and growled.

"This is all your fault Tempest."

Tempest stalked over to her and hit Andrea unconscious.

The girls clapped.

"Annoying little bitch." Tempest muttered.

Tempest turned around and looked at the blank faces she was getting from the other slayers. She recognized a few faces but not too many. Most of them were glancing at her companions with an obvious intrest, and even in her hoodie, her as well.

Tempest glanced at them uneasily. These weren't the same slayers she knew. They are grown up, and stronger, and more…..hormonal.

"Where is Folken?" Tempest asked Dilandau.

Dilandau ignored her and made sure that the 'melefs were alright.

Tempest growled to herself in annoyance.

Aya shrieked as a particular slayer pinch her bottom. Tempest was over there in a flash grabbing the slayers wrist and spraining it.

"Keep your hands to yourself or lose them." she hissed.

"You and your friends should go see Folken. I won't put up with deliberately taunting my men." said Dilandau almost casually.

"Well where is he Dilandau."

"Lord." he said firmly.

Tempest raised an eyebrow.

"What?"

"Lord Dilandau."

"Why's that?"
"I'm the commander of the Dragon slayers."

"Oh. Well, congrats I guess."

"We even participated in the Great War."

"War? What war?"

"There was a war a few years back. A big one."

"I see."

"Come. Let's go see Folken."

The girls followed Dilandau silently until they came to a familiar doorway.

Dilandau opened the door carelessly.

"Folken."

"What is it Dilandau?"

"Someone has finally decided to grace our presence."

"Oh?"

Folken came out of the shadows.

"Tempest?" he said in amazement.

********

^_^ Night of the Raven