Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Tempest's Story ❯ Tears Are Only For Broken Hearts ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hiya thanks for the reviews guys. BTW: I'm putting anyone with name Andrea down. So please don't think ill of me.

****

Tempest woke early and yawned. She was too tired to do anything but alas, she had to. She grabbed a spare uniform and shrugged it on. She then beat on the doors of all the girls and made them get dressed. It was time to get to work today. She shouted for Ellen to grab her boom box and waltzed down to the mess hall.

Dilandau and the boys were already there. He merely raised an eyebrow.

"Where's the rest of your posse?" he asked her.

All of the boy slayers were sitting there eating.

"They're coming." she spat.

"Putting that crap on their face are they? You're late and you don't look anymore desirable." Dilandau pointed out. "Must not help in your case."

Tempest walked passed his table and got a glass of orange juice. She then walked passed it again to head out the door. Before she left however she stuck her right hand behind her back and flipped him off.

The Dragonslayers burst into laughter as she left.

Tempest made sure all the girls were up. They all filed into the mess hall and began to eat. Andrea was bothering everyone so bad that Tempest slipped sleeping draught into her orange juice. She was out like a light.

"Damn bitch." Tempest muttered.

"I dunno Tempest. I was having a lovely time with her." said Dilandau.

Andrea had kept trying to sit on his lap and press herself against him.

"Yeah I'll bet." she hissed.

"Jealous?" he asked.

"No. Just want to keep them alive and you as well. You could get AIDS if you mess with her. Bite off more rabbit then you could chew."

"Is that a proverb?" asked Aya.

"No but it should be."

The Dragonslayers, male and female alike, doubled up in the melefs. Somehow, one of them had managed to drag Andrea into their cockpit. Unfortunately, Tempest had to double with Gatti. Through the whole trip, he kept trying to touch her in very inappropriate places. Tempest had finally had enough and hit him so hard he was almost unconscious. The whole squadron of 'slayers could hear their bickering over the cb radio.

As soon as they got there, everyone was immediately put to work. The girls tried as hard as they could to work. Tempest kept up with the guys but just barely. The morning turned into a hot and sticky afternoon. Everyone eventually shed their jackets for their tank tops. The guys even shed them so they were heaving logs on their bare shoulders.

"I'm so hot!!" complained Andrea.

Andrea squealed when I rock pelted her in the back. She turned around and glared. Missy just went back to stripping leaves off of the cut branches whistling.

Tempest climbed up a tree and started cutting limbs for more wood. She was straddling a limb and chopping off other limbs when Dilandau called a break. The girls were very grateful but Tempest kept on working. The girls set up Ellen's boom box and the guys went to talk amongst themselves.

****The Guys****

Gatti whistled.

"What?" asked Miguel.

"Is it just me or is Tempest one fine piece of ass. All drenched in sweat and straddling that limb like a lover. I really envy that branch." said Gatti with a sigh.

Dilandau hit Gatti so hard that he toppled to the ground. Then he glanced up at Tempest. Gatti was right. Her form fitting shirt fit like a second skin. It was a little drenched in sweat but still…she looked great. She was working so hard. Perfect. That was the only way to describe her. She was beautiful, hard working and his match at almost everything he did. The other girls didn't compare to her. He missed her so much. His best friend his everything. She was the only he could ever trust. They trusted each other with everything. Or used to anyway. He wanted that back.

****The Girls****

"Tempest works too hard." said Aya with a sigh.

"She needs to have a little fun." said Missy.

They watched as the boys retreated into the back woods. They didn't know where the boys were going, nor did they care.

Ellen cranked up Numb from Linkin Park. Tempest's head shot up. This was her favorite song and they knew it.

"C'mon Tempest. You know you want to." shouted Ellen.

Tempest jumped from the tree and they all started giggling and dancing.

"Having fun?" Dilandau asked as they came back fifteen minutes later.

The girls stopped dancing and shut off the music a little embarrassed.

"Loads." purred Andrea.

"There is a pond in the woods a little ways if you want to wash." said Dilandau.

The girls looked at each other enthusiastically. They took off into the woods.

All of the girls stripped off into their underclothes and dived into the cool water. They splashed around and giggled and everything. However, unknown to them, they were being watched. Red eyes peered from a bush. Dilandau was making sure that the other guys weren't peeking at them. His eyes softened as he watched Tempest laugh like she did when they were young.

Dilandau doubled over. The memories…they were bursting. The next thing he noticed was the tears flowing down his face. Too many years without emotion had done this to him.

He sniffled and sulked out of the bush. The girls screamed all except Andrea and Tempest.

"Dilandau?" asked Tempest. "Is everything alright?"

He sniffled and looked at her his eyes all watery.

"No."

Tempest hauled herself out of the pond, still in her under things, Wordlessly, she held her arms out to him. He walked into them and cried. She held his head as he buried it in her toned stomach. She could feel his tears on her skin and she hushed him.

"I missed you so much. Why did you leave me? I thought you liked being around us?" he cried.

"I had no choice. I'm sorry Dilandau. I really am."

"All these emotions they hurt. So long I've been emotionless. So long I've not cried. I feel so lost."

"It's ok. I'm here."

Missy helped shoo the other girls away to give the two some alone time.

"No one is here but us. It's ok. I hope that I won't leave you ever again."

The two friends sat there in each other's arms, relishing in each others company wondering what the future would bring them.

*****

^_^ Night of the Raven