Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Tempest's Story ❯ A Little Trip Down Memory Lane ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hiya. Well here's another chapter. Thank you to all my reviewers. Oh and I don't own Escaflowne and that.

******

Dilandau watched as Tempest left the lockered area. She seemed a little strange at times. It might have something to do with the fact that she was surrounded by a group of men alone in a locker room.

He smiled evilly.

It was interesting to watch how she acted around them. She realized that they weren't the same as when they were younger. Of course neither was she. She was stunning. Of course, he knew that when he was young. That she would be very beautiful. The uniform clung to her like a second skin revealing fine curves and other womanly attributes that weren't there the last time he saw her. Even through that shirt thing she wore. A definite heart breaker.

Just seeing her in that outfit made him want to run his hands over those curves.

Dilandau shook his head quickly. This was not the way to think about his old friend. Not at all. She wasn't one of those girls looking for entertainment. Not at all. Yet still…..

Her eyes drew him. As they always had when they were kids.

*****Flashback*****

An eleven year old Tempest dodged one of Dilandau's attacks and pinned him down by sitting on his stomach.

"I win again." she said cheerfully, sticking out her tongue.

"Yeah yeah."

"You are such a sore loser."

"So?"

Tempest didn't respond back she looked at him with her brows furrowed.

"What are you staring at?" asked Dilandau a little nervous. "Is there something on my face."

"Your eyes."

"What about them?"

"They're just eye catching."

"Huh?"

"They're very…..in..toxi…cating. Intoxicating. That's the word I'm looking for."

"Intoxicating?"

Tempest rolled off of his stomach and laid down beside him.

"Yeah."

"How so?"

"I dunno. They are a very deep red. Like blood and you can see something in their depths."

Dilandau looked at her.

"What do you see?" he whispered.

"Pain. Suffering."

Tempest put her hand on below his eyes and moved them around as if tracing the shape of his eyes in child like wonder.

"You've been alone a lot haven't you? You've been looking for a real friend even if youre surrounded by so many."

Dilandau nodded.

"You can trust me. We can be friends forever."

"You won't leave me?"

"No. Especially since we have so much in common."

Dilandau nodded.

"I think you're eyes are pretty. Captivating even."

Tempest blushed.

"Thank you."

They both lay in silence for a little bit.

"Tempest?"

"Hmmm?"

"Could I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"I'm curious about something and I was wondering if you would help me with it."
"What is it?"

"I want to know what a kiss feels like."

"Blach. Cooties. Be serious Dilandau."

"I am. I mean if you don't want to you don't have to."

"I do not want cooties."

"Maybe when we're older.

"Yeah. Folken said we would be immune to cooties when we were older."

"No wonder were called smart."

"Why's that?"

"We know a lot of big words that idiots like the sorcerers use."

Tempest nodded.

They heard giggling. Two maids from had stopped at the door to the training room and were looking at them with smiles on their faces.

"Don't they look so cute together?" asked one of them.

"Yes I think that when they grow up they will be t-o-g-e-t-h-e-r." the other said spelling out the word so the two kids wouldn't know.

Without another word the two maids left.

"Ya know," Tempest said casually, "Maybe we should tell them we know how to spell."

"Naw. Let's let them think that we're dumb. Better advantage against your opponent."

"Ok."

***End***

Dilandau almost smiled at the remembrance of that day. He didn't know what to do. He was mad at her for breaking her promise and leaving without saying goodbye but…she didn't leave on purpose. Besides, it was hard to stay mad at her. She was his best friend and now…she has grown into a beautiful women. Too beautiful.

At any rate, he had watched as she gave the girls orders. Maybe he should make her his second in command like he was planning before she left. He had already had the clothes for it delivered.

Dilandau smirked.

Red was definitely her color. Especially when she blushed. She had done a lot of that earlier. When she was admiring her little pictograph thingy on her stomach his comment was directed towards her toned stomach rather then her pictograph.

Tempest rummaged through her bag in the lounge. All the other dragon slayers, girls included, were in there. Aya was looking around in her duffle bag as well.

"Eureka!!" cried Tempest.

She pulled out her Gameboy Advanced and slunk away to the library. She turned the power on and started playing a Zelda game.

Her tongue stuck out of the corner of her mouth a bit as she was fighting the boss. It was a habit she had whenever she was concentrating.

"What are you doing?" asked Folken.

Tempest jolted up. The next thing she heard was the game making sounds indicating she died.

"Dammit!"

Tempest wrinkled her nose in disgust and sighed.

"I was beating the major boss on my video game before you decided to ruin it for me."

"Video game? Technology from the Mystic Moon?"

"Here." she said with a sigh as she handed it to him.

Folken found the switch and slowly walked to his room playing the interesting little toy.

Tempest walked back to the lounge.

She was going to sit in her seat when she was Dilandau sitting it shifting through her bag.

"Hey! That's mine."

"Really? Wouldn't have known that if you hadn't pointed that out." he said dryly.

Tempest wrinkled her nose at him.

Dilandau laughed. All commotion in the room stopped and watched him in amazement.

"What's so funny?" demanded Tempest.

"You still have that little habit of wrinkling your nose."

"Yeah so?"

"I find that funny."
"Why is that?"

"I would of thought after all these years you would have grown up. Apparently you haven't."

"Shut up." Tempest snapped.

"We still act like a kid and…"

Dilandau stood up and towered over her.

"You still have the height of a kid." he finished.

"Yeah well…you still have the face of a kid."

Dilandau reeled back in mock shock.

"You mean I'm not handsome? Excluding the scar of course."

"Nope."

"No sexual appeal what so ever?" he asked mockingly.

"No."

"My life is over."

He placed a hand to his heart.

"You have mortally wounded me."

"That's not the only wound you're going to get."

Tempest loved this. It felt like old times. The innocent banter back and forth.

"Are you threatening me?" he mock growled.

"No I'm promising."

"Bring it on Little One." he said mocking her old name.

"That's it!"

Tempest leaped on him and they got into a mock wrestling match on the floor.

Dilandau pinned her to the floor.

The two hadn't even noticed that everyone had been betting on who was going to win.

Dilandau barked at them to get out when Gatti had pronounced that he was taking his money now that Dilandau had won. They all scurried out.

Tempest kept wriggling under him trying to get him off.

"It's no use Princess. You lost."

Tempest let out a frustrated shriek.

"Don't call me that! I hate that."

Dilandau grinned.

"I remember."

"Get off Dilandau."

Dilandau got up and pulled her up as well.

"Get the girls ready for tomorrow."

With that, he walked away.

******

^_^ Night of the Raven