Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Tempest's Story ❯ Shouting, Sharing, and Showers ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yeah I have like 3 chaps in my computer. I haven't put up yet cause I put the 4th one up yesterday.

********

Tempest woke up and looked at the pile of clothes at the end of her bed.

"What…?"

She raised an eyebrow at the stack. They were a duplicate of her last set of her clothes except they were red. She shrugged and put on her hoodie over them. Since it was Rest day, she grabbed her bag and walked over to the lounge. Everyone was already there.

"Hey Tempest." Aya said.

"Hey."

Aya went back talking to Chesta. All of her friends had seemed to adapt very well to the Vione.

Tempest sat down her bag and pulled out her cd player. She put on the headphones and started listening to Chop Suey by System of a Down. She then pulled out a book as well and started to read.

She watched Aya walk out and come back with her cd player. She started pointing to it and talking to the others.

Too many people were ogling over the cd player that Tempest packed up her stuff and left. She needed a nice secluded place to read. What better place then the library. Tempest whistled to herself and walked down to the library. Not many people came down here at all so she thought it was the perfect place. She found a deserted table in the back and started to read, occasionally head banging to the music.

Tempest was so wrapped up in her book that she didn't notice Dilandau looking at the book she was reading over her shoulder.

Tempest took off her head phones and went back to reading.

"Good book?"

Tempest screamed and spun around. When she saw it was Dilandau she put a hand over her heart as if to force it to slow down.

"You scared the shit outta me."

"What are you doing?" he asked curiously.

"Reading obviously."

"What's that noise?"

"My cd player."

"What's that?"

"It plays music."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Folken wants to see us. I thought I'd tell you."

Tempest blinked at the change of subject.

"Ummm ok."

Tempest grabbed her book and her cd player and put them in the lounge.

"You liked to read?" asked Dilandau.

"Yeah."

"As do I."

"Oh? You never used to like any type of learning if it didn't have anything to do with weapons."

Dilandau shrugged.

"The past is the past." he said a little edgy.

Tempest swallowed.

"Yes Lord Dilandau."

Tempest was once again reminded of that little barrier between them. He had changed so much since she last seen him.

They both quietly entered Folken's lab. Strangely enough they were the only ones there. That was odd because no one was in the lounge when she went back.

"You wanted to see us Folken?" asked Tempest.

"Yes. I had told Dilandau about building a new post for the men for next week, well they want it done today."

"Done or started?" asked Tempest.

"Done."

"There is no way we can get finished with a post in such a short time. Who's asking this?"

"Sorcerers."

Tempest shuddered.

"There are still some alive?"

"Yes."

Tempest stalked out.

"Where are you going?" asked Folken.

"I'll be back."

Dilandau and Folken looked at each other and shrugged.

A few minutes later they heard shouting.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM!? YOU DON'T EVEN GIVE US A DAMN DAY TO GET IT DONE!"

Dilandau and Folken blinked.

"CALM DOWN?! YOU CAN KISS MY ASS. THERE IS NO DAMN WAY THAT WE CAN GET IT DOWN IN TIME. UNLESS YOU GUYS WANNA GET OFF YOUR ASSES AND HELP."

A minute later, Tempest came back in, her face flushed red probably from all the yelling. She sniffed haughtily and dusted off her hands like she finished a dirty task.

"We have a week." she informed them.

"Uhhh…Tempest do you want some water or something?" asked Folken.

"No, I'm fine. Nasty business those sorcerers."

"Well…I guess you can gather the troops and then you can start tomorrow since you have a week."

"Alright Folken." said Dilandau.

Dilandau and Tempest walked to the training room.

Everyone was in there training.

Tempest whistled.

"Hit the showers girls."

"Same for the guys." said Dilandau.

Tempest looked at him.

"But Lord Dilandau….."

"Is there a problem Tempest?"

"It's just that the showers really shouldn't be co-ed. I mean…."

"Either its co-ed or no showers at all. Everyone needs to go rest early so we can get out there to work tomorrow. Now no more questioning."

Tempest bowed.

"Yes Sir."

The dragon slayers all moved towards the showers, the girls getting apprehensive. Why wouldn't they? The boys out numbered them greatly and were more rowdy after training.

They all entered the shower room. There were enough individual shower stalls for everyone. The men went to the locker area immediately. You see, every slayer was issued a locker to keep their clothes in.

Andrea, having no qualms about undressing in front of people, did so right away. She was disappointed when she didn't get much attention.

Aya bit her lip and decided to undress right in the shower stall. Missy and Ellen followed her example. Tempest sighed. The girls didn't get their towels before the guys had taken over that portion of the room. She sighed again and prepared to go over there but she chickened out. She wasn't even looking over there, there was no way she was going to go over there.

"Hey guys can you throw a couple towels my way?"

"What's wrong Tempest don't even want to look at our godly forms?" asked Gatti smirking at her back.

"Just throw five towels over here would you?"

Tempest heard several thumps by her feet. She quickly picked the towels up and put them outside of the girls' stalls.

"Towels outside of your stalls girls."
Several thanks came from the stalls.

"No problem."

Tempest stepped into one by Aya and stripped down.

"Lot's of sleep tonight girls we have work to do tomorrow." said Tempest. "No late night rendezvous with any servants."

*cough* "Andrea." *cough* Missy said having a "coughing fit".

"Shut up bitch." Andrea retorted.

"Hey chill everyone." Tempest said.

"Cat fight." said a random slayer.

Tempest rolled her eyes.

"We need a boom box." said Missy.

"I have mine." Ellen said suddenly.

"Awesome." said Tempest. "We could definitely use that later."

Pretty soon, Andrea was out of the shower.

"Don't forget what I said." Tempest said before Andrea left.

As soon as they heard the door swing shut, Ellen and Missy let out a string of curses.

"I hate her." said Ellen.

"Join the club." Tempest said.

"I'm hitting the hay." said Aya.

"I'm commin." said Missy.

"Me too." chimed Ellen.

"See you three tomorrow."

"Bye."

Tempest turned off the shower and wrapped her towel around herself. Unlike the other girls, she used her locker. She peeked her head out and looked around. Most of the slayers were in the shower.

Tempest quickly padded over to her locker. Who else but Dilandau should waltz to his? Tempest felt her face heat up. There was only a towel wrapped around his waist and he was very very packed chest wise.

She let out a breath and got a tank top and some shorts from her locker. Not to mention some dark blue panties and a spare dark red hoodie with a dragon and a skull on it.

Tempest slipped on her panties and her shorts under her towel.

She saw Dilandau look at her out of the corner of her eye. He had his normal pants slung low on his hips. His hair was darker then it was when dry and rivulets of water ran down his chest, making Tempest think of very very inappropriate things.

"Ok girl deep breath." she said to herself.

Tempest quickly put on her tank top and her hoodie.

She lifted up her hoodie and examined the red dragon tattoo on her stomach by her belly button. It was fairly knew and she couldn't stop admiring it.

"Nice." Dilandau said from behind her.

"I just got it a week before I came here."

Tempest put her hair up in a ponytail and bowed.

"I must retire Lord Dilandau."

Without another word she was gone.

**********

^_^ Night of the Raven