Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Tempest's Story ❯ Dilandau's Thoughtless Words ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thanks for reviewing folks. I know short but ya know…..

********

Tempest gulped at the smirk on Andrea's face.

"I dare you to make out with one of the dragonslayers."

"Tempest blushed.

"You have got to be kidding me." Tempest said mortified.

"Nope."

Tempest nibbled on her lip. She didn't want to do this.

Gatti jumped up and down waving his arms.

"Oh me! Pick me!"

Tempest looked around and the slayers uneasily.

"ME!!!" shouted Gatti. "PLEASE!!!!!!!"

Tempest's eye twitched in irritation.

All of the dragonslayers save Dilandau were looking at her pleadingly. Even Miguel.

For some reason, it made her sad to think that Dilandau didn't want her like the others did. She was probably just an inexperienced little girl to him.

"Dammit."

Tempest sighed.

"Screw this."

Tempest walked away from them to the door, on her way there, Dilandau grabbed her and hauled her into his lap. She gasped and looked up into his blood red eyes.

"When we were younger, you promised me a kiss. Here's your chance."

"Dil….." she didn't get to finish.

He pulled her down until she straddled his lap and fastened his lips on hers.

She was so in shock that she couldn't move. He swamped her senses. His scent, his face, the calluses on his hands against her soft cheek.

His teeth nipped at her bottom lip teasingly. When she didn't respond, Dilandau broke the kiss and moved to her neck.

"Little one." he reprimanded against her throat.

Tempest swallowed.

"Let me go Dilandau." She told him helplessly.

He laughed and kissed her again.

"No wonder I missed you." he said smiling.

The couple were oblivious to the others as well as to the game.

"You missed me?" she asked.

"Of course. How could I not miss the little girl that always tried to best me at everything I did?"

She smiled and kissed him briefly.

"I missed you too. My friends thought I was crazy when I'd talk about the boy that went out of his way to annoy me."

Dilandau kissed the tip of her nose and she smiled. This was wonderful. It was then that she realized that she loved Dilandau. Maybe, just maybe, he loved her too. It sounded like it.

"Your lucky that I'm saving your ass Tempest. Wouldn't want them to call you a coward would you?" he said lightly.

Tempest's hopes flopped. She sighed and pushed out of his embrace.

"There, I did your dare and that's that. I'm not playing anymore."

Tempest got up and left the room.

'I thought…..' she thought to herself. 'I thought that he cared.'

Tempest ran into her bunk and buried her face in her pillow.

That night, the girls fell asleep to the sounds of her muffled crying.

********

^_^ Night of the Raven