Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Tempest's Story ❯ Oh God I love Him ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok people I know it took a while but I have writers block. I would also like to inform everyone of the plot. The whole plot of this story is for Tempest and Dilandau to see each other again. There will be no evil threatening the world and only the dragonslayers can help. Ok? I would just like to clear that up.

ooooooooo

During the next week, Tempest cooped herself up in her room. She barely ate and didn't even come out to train. The rest of the dragonslayers could hear him pounding on the door and threatening her but she never answered. During this time, Andrea took as her chance to get closer to Dilandau. She hung all over him as much as possible and made scathing remarks about Tempest all the time. Tempest's friends kept quiet and withdrew. Tempest was a very strong person and nothing ever got to her, they knew it.

One night, Tempest peeked out her door, eyes red rimmed, and padded down to the kitchen. She drank a glass of water and laid her head on a table top, sighing.

"Tempest?"

Tempest stood up and whirled around. Folken stood there looking at her, his eyes full of concern.

"Folken. You frightened me."

"I see that. You have frightened me and your friends as well. Why haven't you come out of your room?"

She shrugged and looked down at her feet.

Folken lifted her chin up.

"What is wrong Little One."

A tear slipped out of Tempest's eye followed by another, then another.

"I'm so ashamed." she cried before burying her head in Folken's chest.

"Why? What happened?"

"We were playing this game and on a dare of sorts, Dilandau kissed me and he didn't have to and…I thought…"

"You thought he loved you." Folken said suddenly.

She nodded.

"I see."

Folken rubbed her back in comfort.

"I think he does love you, deep down anyway. I knew that this would happen when you two got earlier. You were so close as children."

"You think he does?"

Folken nodded.

"Just give it time."

Tempest nodded and dried her tears.

"Thanks Folken. You have always been like a father to me."

"You're welcome. Now no more hiding?"

Tempest nodded.

"No more hiding I promise."

"Good now to bed with you."

Tempest started walking out of the kitchen but stopped at the door.

"Folken?" she asked.

"Yes?"

"Thank you for everything. I'm glad I ran into you all those years ago."

"I am too."

With that said, Tempest went to her room.

The next day, Tempest walked confidently out of the shower room feeling more refreshed then ever. She peeked into the training room and noticed it was empty. What day was it? Rest day. That's right. She peeked into Missy's room.

"Missy?"

Missy yawned and rolled over in her bed.

"Tempest?"

"Yeah. Hey you have Ellen's boom box right?"

"Yeah."

"You wanna dance with me for a little?"

Once everything processed through Missy's brain she shot up.

"Yeah give me a sec ok?"

"Sure."

Missy threw her clothes on hurriedly. She hoped that Tempest was back to normal. Perhaps she wanted to talk about it. After all, Missy was her closest friend.

Tempest and Missy set up the boom box in the training area and started to dance slowly to The Fragile by Nine Inch Nails.

"There something you want to talk about Tempest?"

"Not really."

"Oh?"

Missy waited a few moments before speaking her thoughts.

"You used to have a crush on Dilandau didn't you?"

"What makes you say that?"

"You have never had a boyfriend and you used to tell us about your best friend you had when you were little."

"That doesn't mean anything. Besides that was a long time ago. He's grown up."

"Exactly. He's grown up and you hate it. You want him but you're upset because he doesn't want you."

"No." Tempest denied firmly.

"That's not how it is."

"Then how is it? You've been upset ever since you played that game."

"You don't understand." Tempest said angrily.

"Then help me understand." Missy said just as angrily.

"I don't just want him, I love him." Tempest shouted.

Missy went speechless.

Tempest sank to the floor her face pale.

"Oh God. I don't just like him I love him. I told Folken that I wanted him to love me but…I didn't understand why I said that. Oh God."

Tempest put her head between her knees.

"Tempest."

"I…Where did it happen? Where did it go from affection for a brother to a possible lover? I don't understand."

"How close were you two as kids?"

"We were inseparable. I remember having nightmares at night and crawling into his bed when I was scared. I always felt safe with him."

Missy smiled gently.

"Don't you see Tempest? You were doomed from the beginning."

"Yeah. The Noble and the Street Rat."

"Hmm?"

"Dilandau was born into a noble family. I, however, I was a Street Rat. I will always be a Street Rat with mismatched eyes. No matter how I am dressed up I will always be that. So it will never work anyway. Not on this planet."

Tempest stood up and sighed.

"Well…I'm gonna sleep a little more. I'll see you later." said Tempest before she left.

Missy sighed and gathered up everything before retreating to her own room.

Neither of them so the blood red eyes glowing from one of the corners.

oooooooooooooo

Night of the Raven