Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ The Girl With the Raven Hair ❯ Secrets Revealed ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]




I've posted another chapter



I've posted another chapter. Yeah! It took me a bit longer than I expected though. Sorry for the hold up. Now, on to the story.
P.S. LILYGIRL2001 there will be more of Van and Hitomi and everyone really soon, possibly in the next chapter.

********************************************************* **********************************

Chapter 4: Secrets Revealed

Nanaki glared at the unconscious man as Vallen rushed over to the sword. For some reason he felt that Nanaki was telling the truth. He quickly grabbed the sword and charged at his mother's murderer. His sword raised high above his head.
"Vallen! No!" yelled Nanaki. She put her hand straight out, palm facing him. At that he fell backwards, pushed by an unseen force, and the sword fell from his hand. Nanaki unnoticeably twitched her hand and the sword came flying towards her, hilt first. She promptly caught it. "I know you're mad that he killed your mother, but that isn't the way we should deal with things. We'll bring him with us to Fanelia. He will have a fair trial and will be punished according to the judge's ruling. Now, there should be a rope in my bag. Kindly get it out and hand it to me. I will tie him up and when he wakes we will question him, but for now we will be on our way."
Vallen rummaged through the bag as if nothing was out of the ordinary. Though actually he was scared out of his mind about what Nanaki had just shown she was capable of. He found the rope and tossed it to Nanaki. She put the sword down, caught the rope and started to bind the man's hands together. She was silently cursing herself. Why did I have to reveal my powers to him? I didn't even tell my mother about them, so why was I so careless as to let him know? Oh well, I can't change it now. I might as well put them to good use. Nanaki put both of her hands palms up on the ground next to the man and slowly lifted them up. The man started to rise with them. She stopped when he was floating at about waist level. She murmured some incomparable words and walk over to Vallen. The man floated along behind her. She picked up her bag and motioned for Vallen to follow her. He picked up the sword, attached it to his belt and followed her.
They walked in an awkward silence for what seemed like an eternity. Neither of them knew what to say. Finally Nanaki broke the silence yet again, "I suppose you're wondering how I did that."
"I guess,"
"Well, I'm sorry but you'll never know."
"Why?"
" 'Cause I don't know myself. It just sort of started happening when I turned ten. I didn't dare tell anyone for fear I would be branded a freak. Which would be really bad seeing as I wasn't that popular to begin with."
"I see," was all Vallen said, he didn't know quite what to say to that.
"I was using them when I first met you. Which is why I got so mad, I'm sorry by the way."
"That's okay. What were you using them for?"
"Well, I was using them to drop icicles behind me. I was bored so I was breaking them off when I walked under them so they would end up behind me. When you yelled at me I forgot what I was doing and I had already broken off a relatively big icicle. Your "warning" nearly killed me."
"So," said Nanaki changing the subject, "How much longer 'til we get to Fanelia?"
"I don't know," Vallen looked at their surroundings "a couple of hours maybe. We should be on the lookout for dragons. Most of them live around here."
"Dragons?" asked Nanaki slightly scared. Though she hid it well. "You mean they actually exist?"
"Of course they exist." He was looking at her a little strangely. He had never met anyone who thought dragons didn't exist. Then again, he had never met anyone quite like Nanaki either.
"It's just that, we don't have dragons on earth … I mean the Mystic Moon. We have legends and stories about them, of course, but we don't have any real ones. But hey, this is an entirely different planet, right?"
"Yeah, it is. Oh yeah, I was thinking of taking you to the king and queen when we get to Fanelia, if that's all right with you. I'm sure they would like to meet you, seeing as you come from the Mystic Moon. Besides I need to talk to them about something."
"It's alright with me. It will be good to see someone on this planet that actually understands about the Mystic Moon. But what do you want to talk to them…"
Nanaki never got to finish her question because at that moment a dragon decided to appear. It was a relatively small dragon, only about twice as tall as Nanaki, (A/N: Nanaki is taller than Vallen) but terrifying none the less.
Celena's murderer chose this moment to wake up. He took one look at the dragon and let out a scream. He was so terrified he didn't even notice he was levitating. The dragon noticed his fear and quickly gobbled him up.
Nanaki stared the dragon straight in the eye and she realised something, It's only a…
Vallen unsheathed the sword and pushed Nanaki behind him. "Run Nanaki!" he yelled at her but she held her ground.
"No Vallen." she said calmly, "Put the sword down. Don't you see? It's only a baby." As she said this she slowly walked around him. She looked it in the eye again and Vallen could've sworn it nodded. She walked right in front of it and calmly stroked it's muzzle (A/N: Is that what you call it?), like it was just some over grown horse. "It's okay, we're not going to hurt you." She cooed "Now run along to your mother." The dragon turned and walked back the way it came.
Vallen was astounded. Never had he seen such a feat. That's certainly a first. He thought. "How… how did you…"
"Oh yeah, that's right, I never did tell you about that part of my powers, did I?"
"What part of your powers?"
"It seems I can read minds. Sometimes I even do it unconsciously when I first meet someone, to see what their intentions are."
"Did you read mine?"
"Actually, to tell you the truth, I did. But don't worry I didn't see anything to personal, I know how to avoid things like that. I respect other people's privacy. I simply read the dragon's mind and saw that she didn't want to hurt us. She only attacked… I just realised that we never knew his name, oh well as I was saying, she only attacked him because it saw the anger and fear in his heart. I also saw from reading her mind that she was a baby."
"Her?"
"Yes it was a baby girl."
They started to go on their way and soon, just as Nanaki was about to suggest they stop for the night, they saw a break in the trees.
"Here we are," stated Vallen "Fanelia."
Through the trees you could a magnificent city. Though quiet because of the time, you could tell that in the day it was bursting with noise and activity. In the middle of the city was the castle, it looked like it had been taken straight out of a fairytale.
They walked through the peaceful streets towards the castle. Occasionally they met someone returning home late from work who eyed them wearily, wondering why the two of them were out so late.
When they reached the castle walls they were blocked by the guards.
"What's your business at the castle?" asked one of the guards.
"I must speak with the king and queen about some personal business." Answered Vallen
"Who is it that you are, and why would you have business with their majesties?"
"I am Lord Vallen of Asturia, son of Lord Dryden and Lady Celena Fassa, nephew of King Allen and Queen Millerna of Asturia."
"Very well, you may proceed."
When they were out of earshot of the guards Nanaki questioned Vallen "Lord Vallen, huh? I never knew you were someone important. And I never knew your uncle was a king. Why didn't you tell me?"
"'Cause I didn't want you to treat me any differently. All my life I've been hearing 'Lord Vallen sit up straight, you don't want to give the wrong impression do you? Why you're practically royalty!' 'Lord Vallen, stop goofing around. You must entertain the guests.' Lord Vallen this, Lord Vallen that! I'm sick and tired of it! Of course, mother, father Alice never called me that. At least they treated me normally, but they were the only ones."
"Well, you needn't have worried Vallen. I wouldn't have treated you differently and I certainly won't now."
At that point in time they heard running footsteps coming down the hallway. "Lord Vallen!!" came a high pitched voice. A blur of a figure came running around the corner, rushed right past Nanaki and tackled Vallen.
"Ah, Alonda. It's good to see you again."
Nanaki got a good look at the girl. She's a cat! She realised.

******************************************************** ***********************************

A/N: There you have it, yet another chapter. I hoped you liked it. Please review. Even though I'll continue it even if you don't, that doesn't mean I don't like getting reviews. Come on it takes two seconds.