Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ The Girl With the Raven Hair ❯ An Unexpected Meeting ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]




The cat Alonda was a colour somewhere between dark beige and brown



A/N: I'm soooooo sorry it took me so long to get this out! I would be making up excuses right now but I'm too lazy. Which is exactly why I didn't get this out sooner. Hopefully I'll get the next chapter out next week and if I can find a scanner I'll post my picture of Nanaki that I'm drawing. If any of you are interested there's some useless facts at the bottom of the page. And also, this ~***~ means that it is somewhere else. So now, on to the story.

*********************************************************** *********************************


Chapter 5: An Unexpected Meeting
The cat Alonda was a colour somewhere between dark beige and brown. She was wearing a short orange dress with her striped tail sticking out from underneath. She looked to be about 13, 14, somewhere around there. Her hair was black with pink streaks running through it and for some reason Nanaki knew it was natural.
Well let's recap, she thought, I'm on a planet called Gaea, I found or murderer, or rather, he found me, who, consequently, was eaten by a baby dragon. I'm in a country named Fanelia on my way to meet the King and Queen, and my travelling companion, if you can call him that, is being hugged and/or "glomped" by a cat. Why should it seem at all unusual that she should have naturally black and pink hair? She then turned her attention to the odd pair in front of her.
"What are you doing here Vallen? How come you didn't send a message ahead saying that you were coming?" Alonda demanded.
"Well it…" He started to reply
"No matter, I'm glad you're here. Now I'll have someone to play with. You have no idea"
"Alonda." Said Vallen, trying to get her attention.
She continued anyway, "how hard it is to find someone to play with around here."
"Alonda!" he said it a little louder this time.
I wish that Lord Van and Lady Hitomi's first child hadn't gone missing. Then I might have someone my own age to play with,"
"Alonda!!"
"though she would be a couple years older then me."
"AlonDA!!!"
"It would still be better then Ben, he's only five and he can get sooo annoying."
"ALONDA!!!" he was the one who was starting to get annoyed, and it wasn't because of Ben.
She went on as if nothing had been said, actually, I don't think she even heard him. "I wonder why they waited so long to have Ben. I suppose they were expecting their first to come back. I guess they thought if they had another child then it would be like giving up hope on ever getting her back."
"ALONDARANTEE ISOBEL LACROIX!!!!!!!"
She looked up at him, startled, and very sweetly and innocently said "Yes?"
"You haven't let me say anything yet." He said smiling, he couldn't stay mad at her for long. Indeed, I don't think anybody could, except for her mother. Her mother knew all her little tricks, she had practically invented them. "Now that you're listening," he said "Where's Van and Hitomi?"
"They're in the throne room," she replied smiling smugly, she knew she just got away with something again, "They're talking with my mom about what to do about that blue pillar of light we saw last night."
"They don't have to do anything about it Alonda," he smiled at her startled look, glad that for once he was the first to know something, "may I introduce you to Nanaki." He gestured to the spot where Nanaki used to be. "from the Mystic M… Hey! Where'd she go?"
~***~
Nanaki had walked off, trying to conceal her laughter. The look Alonda had given Vallen when she said that "Yes?" was priceless and since she didn't want to 'disturb' them she ran down the hall and let out her laughter. Although she was laughing on the outside, inside she was a bit hurt by their closeness. Was it…jealousy? But I don't even like Vallen, she thought at least not in that way.
On her way back, she somehow managed to get herself lost. "This is just great," she thought out loud "I'm lost in a huge castle and I don't know anyone here except for some guy that I lost."
She wandered around for awhile and for some reason she didn't see anybody, so she couldn't ask for directions. Though that wouldn't have done her any good since she didn't know where she wanted to go. After a few minutes of wandering around she went through two big doors and found herself in the throne room. Every head turned in her direction.
"Umm… Hi" she said giving a feeble wave.
~***~
"We have to find her," said Vallen
"What do you mean we?" Alonda demanded "You're the one who lost her."
"I didn't lose her…she lost herself. I just happen to be the one who has to find her, and you're going to help me."
"Give me one good reason why I should."
Vallen thought for a minute. "If you don't I'll tell all of your little friends that you still sleep with your 'Bobo'."
"Okay, okay," she said reluctantly "I'll help you find her."
"Good. Now, you go that way and I'll go this way." They ran off in different directions.
~***~
"Who are you?" demanded one of the people.
"Nanaki Summers, sir"
"What are you doing here?" asked another
"I got lost." She replied
"Dicine, Cartier, Bango, you may go now. I'd like to talk to this girl." Said the king. "There are some things that I would like to ask her."
"Yes, your highness." The three replied in unison as they got up to leave. The only people left were the king, the queen, and a cat-woman with pink hair.
"You're from the mystic moon, aren't you?" asked the queen.
"Yes I am. Just like you Hitomi."
~***~
Vallen and Alonda were running around the castle looking for her. They were checking all of the likely and most of the unlikely places that she could be. Vallen even checked the dungeon and the broom closet. Alonda, who didn't care as much whether they found her or not, was looking in crazy places like under a loose floor board and in a chamber pot. They both had an idea. They'd look in the throne room. They, unfortunately, were on opposite ends of the castle and they were both running towards the throne room. They got there at the same time and… they ran into each other. With a thump and a hiss and a yell they fell to the floor.
~***~
Meanwhile, Nanaki, Van, Hitomi, and Merle were having a discussion.
"How did you know my name?" asked Hitomi
"Well duh," replied Nanaki "You are the queen of Fanelia. I heard about you from Vallen on our way here."
"You know Vallen?" asked Merle
"Yes, but I lost him." Nanaki was surprised how at ease she was with these people, especially since they were royalty.
"What do you mean you lost him?" she asked
"Well, him and Alonda were having a 'conversation' and she gave him this look and it was so funny that I couldn't stop myself from laughing. So I ran down the hall and laughed my guts out. When I tried to find my way back, I couldn't. So I lost him." She then turned her attention to Hitomi "So, what country are you from?"
"I'm from Japan" Hitomi replied
"Really? I'm from Canada. So how can I understand you?"
"I don't exactly know. There are three languages being spoken in this room. I, myself, am speaking Japanese, you are most likely speaking English and these two are speaking Gaean. For some strange reason we can all understand each other. If you listen carefully you can hear the differences."
"Yeah I guess I can hear the differences, but it's kind of confusing so I'm just not going to think of it anymore."
"That's a good idea, I try not to think of it myself." Said Merle
Van hadn't said a thing during this so Nanaki turned to him. She did a quick scan of his mind and accidentally came across his present thoughts.
"I'm not sure you're going to figure out who I remind you of anytime soon, Van, so I suggest you join the conversation."
Van was shocked "How did you know what I was thinking about?"
"Well, I was trying to figure out your character, I had already done Hitomi and Merle's so I decided to do yours. When I do that I usually try to avoid thoughts and memories but you were thinking way to hard about it so I couldn't avoid it."
"What!?!" said all three.
"I can read thoughts," she said "it's one of my powers. One out of the two that I can control."
"What are your other powers?" asked Hitomi
"Well, I get these visions, that's the one I can't control, and, also, I can do this." As she said that she levitated the crown off the king's head, twirled it around three times and dropped it back down. "So anyway," she said, turning to Hitomi, as if nothing had happened "I would kill to have an ice-cream right about now. I don't suppose they have any around here?"
"No, unfortunately, they don't," replied Hitomi, shaking off her shock "and I know what you mean."
Van and Merle were startled out of their shock by a big crash coming from the hall.
They rushed to the doors. "Vallen!" said Nanaki "There you are!"

************************************************************ ********************************

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter. It's going to get a bit more interesting in the next. I know some of the names are really weird but I made them up on the spot since I couldn't think of any names. Please review! Constructive criticism is always welcome. And now for the useless fact(s):
There is actually a place called Gaea. It's just off the coast of Portugal and the natives there speak none other than Gaean.